Game For A Laugh!

Let the Game Begin!

Hi Forum

When I was a no bigger than knee high to a grasshopper, I had this strange ability to write rhyming poems about anything and everything in the matter of minutes. I was so bloody good at it that friends and family used to throw words at me and the race against the clock would commence. I could literally knock up a 4 or 5 verse poem about any person, place or object that was I challenged with.

For some reason, I got to thinking about this last night (like you do :o), and gave myself a test for the first time in probably 35 years. Alas, I couldn't get past the first line :D

So do we lose natural abilities over time, or do they just sit latent in the mind waiting to be released? Who knows! So just for a laugh, why not give me a word here, and I'll see if the pressure can release the old poetic aptitude from within. Obviously, I'll cherry pick the word I think will be the easiest to get started with.

If I choose 'your' word to write about, you can of course get to keep the unique piece as your own, providing you want it of course! I'm probably going to a bit like an old car, meaning I'll most likely need a bit of a push to get started, so please allow a 24 hours for the results.

Cheers

Aitch

Let the Game Begin!

Hi Forum

When I was a no bigger than knee high to a grasshopper, I had this strange ability to write rhyming poems about anything and everything in the matter of minutes. I was so bloody good at it that friends and family used to throw words at me and the race against the clock would commence. I could literally knock up a 4 or 5 verse poem about any person, place or object that was I challenged with.

For some reason, I got to thinking about this last night (like you do :o ), and gave myself a test for the first time in probably 35 years. Alas, I couldn't get past the first line :D

So do we lose natural abilities over time, or do they just sit latent in the mind waiting to be released? Who knows! So just for a laugh, why not give me a word here, and I'll see if the pressure can release the old poetic aptitude from within. Obviously, I'll cherry pick the word I think will be the easiest to get started with.

If I choose 'your' word to write about, you can of course get to keep the unique piece as your own, providing you want it of course! I'm probably going to a bit like an old car, meaning I'll most likely need a bit of a push to get started, so please allow a 24 hours for the results.

Cheers

Aitch

Well, I'm looking forward to reading your efforts! You probably won't cherry-pick 'orange' if your verse is all in English. So, how about 'Suvarnabhumi' for starters? Not so bad,really...

Thanks for the replies guys. I know this kind of thing isn't every one's cup of tea, but for the sake of throwing a word or two into the thread, I did think there might have been a few other responses :D

Anyway, as Sassienie was the first and only response for many hours, I took the 'Suvarnabhumi' option and knocked up 9 short verses based around that.

Haven't quite got the knack that I once had, but it was a bit of fun nonetheless :D

Feel free to pull it to bits, tear it apart, or just have a good ole laugh. Heck, I might even get a compliment, but I won't hold my breath on that one ha ha lol :o

Suvarnabhumi

Bangkok's second airport

Don Muang, or DMK

Saw sexpat flights increasing

Doubling every day!

With hoards of horny tourists

Monopolising planes

The city's only airfield

Needed extra lanes

A few MPs in Parliament

Came up with a plan

To construct a huge new airport