Foreigner People Residing Area In Chiang Mai

uonly81

I have heard rumors that there is a bunch of old cranky ones living in Tanawan 2 ..( Thanaval 2 )

A couple 'o Yanks, Canucks and a Brit who's dog walks his wife ( sans collar )....and a cratchaty old teacher... :D

Ive never seen any of these people, must be at the other side of tanawn2, i must go check it out... :o

Thaimiller...

You must not get out. Tanawan (the one with the swimming pool) is full of foreigners. I've met Yanks, Canucks, Beligums, Brits, Aussies, Germans, Italians, Indians, Hong Kong and Koreans living in the moobaan.

By tne way, Tanawan 1 and 2 are side by side (separated only by the bridge). Tanawan 3 and 4 are across the ring road.

Thaimiller...

You must not get out. Tanawan (the one with the swimming pool) is full of foreigners. I've met Yanks, Canucks, Beligums, Brits, Aussies, Germans, Italians, Indians, Hong Kong and Koreans living in the moobaan.

By tne way, Tanawan 1 and 2 are side by side (separated only by the bridge). Tanawan 3 and 4 are across the ring road.

I was joking, the brit that gpdjohn was talking about is me. :o

Thaimiller...

It's a really rough neighborhood. I would not venture there!

I've met Yanks, Canucks, Beligums, Brits, Aussies, Germans, Italians, Indians, Hong Kong and Koreans living in the moobaan.

A few farang live in Nimmanhamin area too, including Korean and Japanese, plus a few gay couple but I would't consider this as a foreigner or a gay community.

Two doors down, on the other side of the dog bitch, a foriegner has moved in. Two days of Thai army version of deuce and a halfs along with about twenty uniformed Thai soldiers moving this mystery falangs household goods in for him. Maybe he has the artillery to take care of the nuisance of the 14 barking dogs all day beside his living room. Tanawan 2 is getting strange....it was bad enough the wierdness that GPDJohn brought to the hood

I have lived in Tanawan 1 for 8 years, and I have never seen a farang who lives here, thank god :D

Cratchaty old Ajarn

I will have to get directions to Tanawan. If I lived there, between the two of us most Thai's would probably move out also :o

Maybe moving Thais out seems like a good idea to a guy like you.

But I'm quite happy if you stay away :D

I have lived in Tanawan 1 for 8 years, and I have never seen a farang who lives here, thank god :D

Cratchaty old Ajarn

I will have to get directions to Tanawan. If I lived there, between the two of us most Thai's would probably move out also :o

Maybe moving Thais out seems like a good idea to a guy like you.

But I'm quite happy if you stay away :D

I'm sure you would be. I won't upset your reverie.

If I moved in the very least one might expect is something like the face down at the OK corral :D

Two doors down, on the other side of the dog bitch, a foriegner has moved in. Two days of Thai army version of deuce and a halfs along with about twenty uniformed Thai soldiers moving this mystery falangs household goods in for him. Maybe he has the artillery to take care of the nuisance of the 14 barking dogs all day beside his living room. Tanawan 2 is getting strange....it was bad enough the wierdness that GPDJohn brought to the hood

As Dr. Hunter S. Thompson used to say..." For I will knaw on their skulls, cause it still hasn't got weird enough for me.."

They're... they're EVERYWHERE!!!

That is why i would rather ask :"is there a place around Chiangmai where Thais live" ... after 20 yrs in chiangmai it seems that all my thai neighbors are leaving to make way for foreigners ... I just wonder where do they go ?

Or just, 'Yes, there are.' Get yourself one of the rags they publish around town, especially one that used to do Thai n English, "Chiang Mai Home" or something n find the housing projects n check them out. But, as another group says, 'We are everywhere.'

Hi all, ..Can anyone give me information,which area in or around chaing mai hv most foreigner people residence.....except tha phae ..or moong mueng road....thanks

Check out Palm Springs estate on the mahidon road next to the railway line.

Bojo