Non O..reissue

You can get an extension of your current permission to stay for one year if you meet one of the following requirements:

- have an income of 40,000 a month

OR

- have 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount for at least 2months prior to applying for the extension.

If you don't meet these requirements you can get a new non-O visa from a Thai consulate in a neighbouring country.

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have an income of more than 40,000 THB a month but work outside Thailand in neighbouring countries. Also these trips are 3 month trips and 2 months back in Thailand. Would this affect an application? I have over 400,000 in the bank (UK NOT Thai) as well, so that would not be a problem. My visa may run out before my return, will that matter? Can online statements be used to prove this or do you need originals. Also where in BKK is this done?

Regards DM :o

You can get an extension of your current permission to stay for one year if you meet one of the following requirements:

- have an income of 40,000 a month

OR

- have 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount for at least 2months prior to applying for the extension.

If you don't meet these requirements you can get a new non-O visa from a Thai consulate in a neighbouring country.

Edited by drummachine

You would just need to get a multiple re-entry permit after you get your extension. When it comes time for your first renewal is where you might have a timing problem.

I think to start with you will need to get a multiple entry non-o visa. Get this while you are on your 2 months off and then travel to Thailand and get your bank account opened and deposit the money in the bank. Go back to work and then apply for your extension when you come back. Normally they would want you to do it within your last 30 days of your entry but if you talk to them they would do it early enough so that you have your extension approved before you leave again. There is a 30 day wait after applying before you get your extension approved.

That the income is from outside Thailand is no problem. You will jusy need a letter from your embassy confirming your income. Most will do that also if the income is from another country then their own, provided the documents to proof this are in English. Contact your embassy to see what proof they require to issue a letter.

As Joe said, for the money in the bank option the money need to be in a bank in Thailand.

Where you have to go for an extension depends on where you live in Thailand. There are several immigratio police offices, each with his own area of responsibility.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Thanks for your reply. I already have a Non O multiple netry visa, that expires in May. I already have a Thai bank, but with the current exchange rate I am not depositing in that! So are you saying that I can extend my visa before or after it expires in Thailand? How long after my Non O multi entry visa expires time to do i have to get the extension or will it be a case of applying for a new one as I am not depositing into my thai bank at present?

You would just need to get a multiple re-entry permit after you get your extension. When it comes time for your first renewal is where you might have a timing problem.

I think to start with you will need to get a multiple entry non-o visa. Get this while you are on your 2 months off and then travel to Thailand and get your bank account opened and deposit the money in the bank. Go back to work and then apply for your extension when you come back. Normally they would want you to do it within your last 30 days of your entry but if you talk to them they would do it early enough so that you have your extension approved before you leave again. There is a 30 day wait after applying before you get your extension approved.

If you are using income then there is no need to deposit all the money in a Thai bank each month.

For the 400,000 baht that does need to be in a Thai bank for 2 months before you apply for the extension.

Only an entry stamp that is current can be extended, so you can apply any time before your stamp

expires in May.

You also need to plan to be in Thailand during the month or so that it will take for the

extension to be approved. So an early application may be needed, depending on your travel plans.

BTW. Your visa may expire in May, but if you arrive back in Thailand just before the expiry

date you will still get a 90 day stamp taking you through to July/August.

Two options:

1. Get new multiple non-O visa from KL after your present visa has expired

2. Apply annual extension of stay next time when in Thailand (before your present visa expires) based on 40k per month income

You propably work offshore or something so option 1 is less hassle and sorts you out for a year. Option 2 is good only if you stay in thailand more than 3 months in one go.

As Mario said you probably can get an income letter so you don't have to worry about the money in the bank.

The money has to be in the bank for 60 days.

You can apply for your extension during any of your entries.

You don't have to wait for your visa to expire.

You need to time your application so that you can have the extension approved and stamped in your passport before you leave.

Hi All, so just to clarify the following options:

* Visa expires, no chance of extension.

* New Non O visa multi entry, show money in the bank 40k (can only show online statements).

* Go to KL and get a new Non O Multi visa if new one expires.

As for showing money in the Thai bank for 60 days, I will not have that option so that isnt any good. If I make it back for May I will still have to show funds in Thai bank for 60 days....

* New Non O visa multi entry, show money in the bank 40k (can only show online statements).

As for showing money in the Thai bank for 60 days, I will not have that option so that isnt any good. If I make it back for May I will still have to show funds in Thai bank for 60 days....

First one yes, no extension of stay unless you get new non-O visa first.

I got my multi non-O year ago based on online bank statement overseas so should be ok

If you want, you can get single non-O good for 90 days stay from almost any embassy without any proof of money and then just apply one year extension to stay in thailand based on embassy income letter proving 40k per month income.

Provided you meet the requirements you can extend your current stay under the Non Imm O visa,

for one year NOW.

Once you have the extension, you will need a multi re-entry permit to allow you to leave and come back

during the year.

If that fails and you do not get back before May then you will have to start again.

Once the visa expires no extension is possible.

In that case, if you have the money available a single entry visa from KL will suffice

then get the one year extension as has been explained.

Otherwise the multi-entry from KL will be the alternate option.

The experation date of your visa means nothing as long as you have a valid permit to stay. The day before that date is the last day you can enter the country and get another 90 days.

You are not getting a visa. You are applying for an extension of stay at immigration. When you get the extension you appy for a multiple re-entry permit.

You should be able get a letter from the embassy to prove your income. Contact them to see what they require. The proof could be anything from the company you work for showing what your salary is or even what they send you when you get paid.

If you don't get the extension you will need to get a new multiple entry visa from KL.

As long as you enter the country before your visa expires you will get 90 days. As soon as you get here go to the embassy and get the letter to prove your income and then go to immigration to apply for your extension.

Hi All,

I understand the above, are there any other documents required for this extension as Ministry of Foriegn Affairs seems to want alot for getting a new one! I am married as I stated but not over 50, so means I can only apply for the Non O Visa Multi entry ...what docs are needed for this in BKK and KL for new or extension..

Any links welcomed.

Thanks All

Edited by drummachine

Hi All,

I understand the above, are there any other documents required for this extension as Ministry of Foriegn Affairs seems to want alot for getting a new one! I am married as I stated but not over 50, so means I can only apply for the Non O Visa Multi entry ...what docs are needed for this in BKK and KL for new or extension..

Any links welcomed.

Thanks All

I thought you were wanting to get an extension of stay. You will not find information about that on the MFA website. You get that at immigration,

For an extension of stay you will need the inome proof mentioned before, your marriage certificate your wifes house book and ID card. Photos of you and your wife in and around the house and a map to your house. Plus copies of your passport photo page, visa and entry/permit to stay stamps. TM6 departure card.

It sounds like you ended up on the O-A page on the MFA website. If you want to get a new multiple entry O visa all you need is marriage cerificate, copy of wifes house book and ID. A bank book with some money in it (not the 400,000). And a copy of passport photo page.

Hi Ubonjoe,

So what are the benefits of getting an extension, you have to apply again after that for a visa anyways. Does it not seems easier just to get another multi entry. It seems to lack logic, unless there is a reason behind it I dont undertand, which is the norm! :o

Regards DM :D

After you get your first extension you don't need another visa. You just go to immigration and get another extension.

Unless you like doing border runs every 90 days. Not having to do that is a big advantage. Just having to report to immigration every 90 days is a lot easier.