My Marriage Extension Application.

I was all prepared to apply for my extension based on Marriage on Monday in Korat. After hearing the news about the new application rules starting on Monday 16th I went on Friday 13th. Based on money in the bank.

I supplied.

1 Copy of Marriage Certificate.

1 Copy of Wife's ID Card and House Registration Book.

1 Copy of every page of my Bank Book.

The original Bank Letter.

1 Map to my house.

TM7 Application form with photo attached plus one copy.

Relevant Copies of my Passport which they gave back and did their own copies. Of what I have no idea.

Copy of TM6.Entry Card

1,900 Baht fee.

Result. 30 day under consideration stamp and go back next month.

Plus a nice friendly chat between myself and my Wife and the Officer and the Office Captain discussing the new rule.

They were not happy about it but as from Monday they will turn people away who are not resident in Korat Provence.

Other offices will have different requirements.

I was all prepared to apply for my extension based on Marriage on Monday in Korat. After hearing the news about the new application rules starting on Monday 16th I went on Friday 13th. Based on money in the bank.

I supplied.

1 Map to my house.

Relevant Copies of my Passport which they gave back and did their own copies. Of what I have no idea.

Copy of TM6.Entry Card

1,900 Baht fee.

Plus a nice friendly chat between myself and my Wife and the Officer and the Office Captain discussing the new rule.

They were not happy about it but as from Monday they will turn people away who are not resident in Korat Provence.

Brave boy!!! :o

Did they only want 1 copy of each document? Apparently <unnamed office> want 2 copies.

//Edit: removed name of non-existing immigration office -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro

Brave boy!!! :o

Did they only want 1 copy of each document? Apparently <unnamed office> want 2 copies.

Yes, I was always told by the Immigration one copy is for the office where you apply and the other copy will be sent to Suan Plu BKK for Marriage extension under consideration. I think that is the rule.

Korat is a regional office and does approvals for the North East from what my immigration office told me.

I had to have 2 of everything because they sent one to Korat.

I don't think Suan Phlu requires 2 of everyting. I don't recall any reports saying they did.

Korat is a regional office and does approvals for the North East from what my immigration office told me.

The North East is a big place.

Unfortunately,we have to go to NongKhai. :o

If you do an extension based upon marrigage your application will be sent to Korat for final approval.

Unfortunately,we have to go to NongKhai. :D

If you do an extension based upon marrigage your application will be sent to Korat for final approval.

Maybe,so 2copies,1for Korat,1 for the <unnamed office>. :o

//Edit: removed name of non-existing immigration office -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro

For <unnamed office> it's definitely one copy of everything. I just did mine 2 weeks ago. Just make sure you certified bank letter and bank book update are within 48 hours of going there otherwise they will reject it and send you back to the bank again.

I'm supposed to pick-up my 1 year extension next Wednesday.

Stay tuned..............

//Edit: removed name of non-exiting immigration office and of unnecessary multiple nested quotes -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro

I would like to point out to the two or three members who have started using Suan Zoo for Suan Phlu that when somebody looks for information on the Bangkok immigration office in soi Suan Phlu he will search for Suan Phlu. Posts mentioning Suan Zoo will not show up in the search result, as if they had never been made. In fact, I feel like searching for those Suan Zoo posts and delete them all for being nonsensical, irrelevant, perhaps even trollish.

Members have come to rely on finding useful information about visa, extension and other immigration matters in this forum and I call on all members to refer to immigration offices with their correct names.

Thank you all for your kind co-operation.

--

Maestro

Unfortunately,we have to go to NongKhai. :o

There was a letter in yesterdays Bangkok Post from a foreigner saying how wonderful the place was and how friendly and helpful the staff are.

Possibly one of those 'made up name letters'

Just make sure you certified bank letter and bank book update are within 48 hours of going there otherwise they will reject it and send you back to the bank again.

Is this 48 hours rule new?

I was under the impression that 7 days was the unwritten rule. My letter is usually dated 3-4 days before going to Imm (Suan Plu) and never had a problem.

My bank takes 1-2 days to issue the letter (more if it goes over a weekend or holiday) but they date the letter on the day I requested it.

Also banks don't update fixed deposit books unless an as yet unrecorded transaction has taken place.

opalhort

Just make sure you certified bank letter and bank book update are within 48 hours of going there otherwise they will reject it and send you back to the bank again.

Is this 48 hours rule new?

I was under the impression that 7 days was the unwritten rule. My letter is usually dated 3-4 days before going to Imm (Suan Plu) and never had a problem.

My bank takes 1-2 days to issue the letter (more if it goes over a weekend or holiday) but they date the letter on the day I requested it.

Also banks don't update fixed deposit books unless an as yet unrecorded transaction has taken place.

opalhort

Some immigration offices are even insisting on it being dated the same day as the application.

The new rules say the money has to be in the bank for 3 months before the date of application. So some are interpreting that to mean the letter and latest update has to be on that date.

I supplied.

1 Map to my house.

Copy of TM6.Entry Card

1,900 Baht fee.

From my experience, Northeast Immigration (Korat) is one of the best. It does not surprise me a bit that they would be upset at having to tell someone "no".

I did my extension last July/August at Korat. In January I was at the office again to get a Certificate of Residence. The officer (K White-Out) remembered when my extension was due and discussed that with my wife...told her to make sure that we see him and he would help with the next one as well.

Hi guys

I went this week for my first marriage extension . . . got one week!

Thye're going to come and visit this week sometime to verify us

then I have to go back next week and get a month

and then back a month later for the rest of the year.

Not sure if this is

A. because it's the first one.

B. Because we live relatively close to the imiigration office

C. We went after lunch on a friday and just made it on to the list before she closed her window!

David

Hi guys

Not sure if this is

C. We went after lunch on a friday and just made it on to the list before she closed her window!

David

Hi

Every immigration Office seems to have different agenda's.

I think a lot of the above requirements are due to it being a first time extention.

I have never had a home visit/maps of house location nor needed photos of house/rooms.

We are lucky to have such an understanding Immigration office at Kap Cheung IMHO

:o

Dave

Hi guys

Not sure if this is

David

I never heard of them doing the one week thing. Normally they do the visit during the 30 day period.

It could just be something new that Chiang Mai has started.

Let us know how things go next week.

Those people that refer to Thai Immigration as Suan Zoo should stop this offensive speech, and offer some respect.

Thai officials read this site. They are not as dumb as some of you Farangs think - many of you with only a high school education.

I’ve visited this country for going on a quarter of a century, never once a problem with a Thai Immigration official.

It is, their country after all…