Hotel With Wifi Vietienne?

Shah Jahan

What hotel can you recommend in Vietienne that has a in room Wifi connection

anything under 1000B will do

I forget if they have WiFi but email, ask, and post the answer, pls.

Mali Namphu Guest House

http://www.malinamphu.com/MSindex.htm

[email protected] or [email protected]

or [email protected]

Real handy guest house in any case, right there at the fountain with lots of eateries close by.

Mac

in such cases, I usually ask an old buddy. his name is Mister GOOGLE, and its usually straight-forward to deal with him.

just bark "WIFI - GUESTHOUSE - VIENTIANE " and he will spit out all he knows immidiately.

I just did exactly that and found out that there is a lot of interesting information provided by good old buddy Mister GOOGLE.

information that could be useful for you too :o

My first recommendation is Hotel Beau Rivage Mekong

If it's full, try Chantapanya Hotel

Now why couldn't the other couple of TV experts oxygen-wasters have done that? Oh, I see, you have never actually been there so any input would be totally irrelevant anyway.

My first recommendation is Hotel Beau Rivage Mekong

If it's full, try Chantapanya Hotel

Now why couldn't the other couple of TV experts oxygen-wasters have done that? Oh, I see, you have never actually been there so any input would be totally irrelevant anyway.

I have been there twice , if that makes you happy. though, the place where I stayed was above the budget of the OP and I didnt have my laptop with me.

so I just told the OP what I would do in his case. sometimes its better to tell people how easy it is to solve a problem by themselves with just a little bit of "common sense".

nothing wrong with that, me thinks.

the title "oxygen-waster of the day" is yours anyway, because with MY input, he would be guided to what he was looking for immidiately, while you gave him a complete nonsense information as he was looking for rooms BELOW 1000 Baht. and not for rooms costing 36-57 US$ (Beau Rivage) or 400.000 Kip = 1738 Baht (Chanthapanya).

any questions left ?

I forget if they have WiFi but email, ask, and post the answer, pls.

Mali Namphu Guest House

http://www.malinamphu.com/MSindex.htm

[email protected] or [email protected]

or [email protected]

Real handy guest house in any case, right there at the fountain with lots of eateries close by.

Mac

I don't know if it has wifi (their computer was down) but I stayed there 4 days ago and they certainly have bed bugs so avoid it.

It seems that you can forget real WiFi in Vientiane at the cheap places.

Even when they propose it it usually doesn't work, but I would be happy if someone could tell me where he found a real working Wifi in Lao !

Cheers.

open your laptop and check if its working before handing over the money for the room.

most time of the year its not a big deal to find a decent room at a fair rate in Vientiane, so u dont even have to book ahead. just show up and ask

post-43883-1235289775_thumb.jpg

the Buddha Park near Vientiane on the Mekong

It seems that you can forget real WiFi in Vientiane at the cheap places.

Even when they propose it it usually doesn't work, but I would be happy if someone could tell me where he found a real working Wifi in Lao !

Cheers.

The brand new City Inn Hotel in Vientiane. Connected up my iPhone and surfed with no problems.

Back to the OP's question, just get any cheap hotel room and the Khop Chai Deu restaurant and bar next to the fountain charges 6,000 Kip per hour (24 Baht) for wifi access.

The small supermarket cum coffee shop opposite (Phimphone) also has wifi but I don't know the price.

• 1 month later...

all of the suggestions in this thread are well over 1000b per night.

can anyone recommend a place (with wifi or LAN internet in room) that might be cheaper? i do know of one- the Aroon Residence Hotel... but surely there must be others?

Edited by girlx

• 1 month later...

the New Lao Paris Hotel has a WiFi network

I'm using the net in Blue Banana bar across the street right now

rooms are from 700b at NLPH, so I am going to check in there after this beer, provided they have rooms & the WiFi actually works

I can see the signal of their encrypted (password protected) WiFi from here

here's a list of restaurants around town that have WiFi (pay for) :

http://www.atcyberia.com/wifi.php

cheap too, $3 US for 4 hours

New Lao Paris's internet did not move a budge

tried in 3 different rooms, one of which was connect just above the lobby, only lobby net, none in the upper rooms

signal was there, connected with the pWord, nothing

even tried my USB WiFi adapter which sometimes gets me connected when my internet Intel one doesn't or gives me better range if needed

I checked into some cheap guest house in the back by the big Jedi knowing they don't have WiFi

then I looked at my own list that I just posted, LOL & there's a couple of hotels on there that provide Cyberia, DOH !!!

even barring that I could have just got a cheap guest house with a Cyberia signal, which this WonderLand 2 I just checked into does not

double DOH !!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Family Hotel on Thanon Phangkham, (next to the city in, opposite the day inn) rooms are 30 USD, brand new. I stayed there for one week a few weeks ago, and was quite satisfied with the rooms. It has free wifi access, each floor has it's own access point. Speedwise it's not fantastic, but that is true for all internet cafes and wifi spots in the city.

Seems to be managed by the same people that run Mali Namphou guesthouse, which indeed doens't offer free wifi. In any case, after three days of Mali Namphou and 7 days of the family hotel, my next visit will have me stay at the Family hotel, for only 6 USD more, you have a much nicer room, fridge and free wifi.

Edited by sjaak327

Yes, Mali Namphu looks so bad now, and they dare to rise the price !

Near the river you can now find:

http://www.vansanahotel-group.com (riverside hotel)

http://www.sengtawan.com (sengtawan riverside hoel)

Near Citi Inn Vientiane you can find: http://www.drosehotelvientiane.com

In front of Lao Paris Hotel there is: http://www.asianpavilionlaos.com

On the main street where is the victory monument (Lane Xang): http://www.sengprachanh-hotel.com

All these hotels with Wifi, some under 1000 thb per night.

• 1 year later...

in such cases, I usually ask an old buddy. his name is Mister GOOGLE, and its usually straight-forward to deal with him.

just bark "WIFI - GUESTHOUSE - VIENTIANE " and he will spit out all he knows immidiately.

I just did exactly that and found out that there is a lot of interesting information provided by good old buddy Mister GOOGLE.

information that could be useful for you too :o

I wish I could remember the name of the one we stayed at in vientiene but what we did was at the river border crossing where you get your laos visa, there will be alot of taxi's and tuk tuks waiting. Take the taxi as it is about a 20 minute ride across the mekong and into Vientiene. The taxi guy should be able to tell you which ones have wifi etc. We stayed at one that is right in town and is an older building and was ok and has coffee and food down stairs. Can get western food there also(close) haha..But is only about 15 minutes to the thai embassy if you are going for the visa. The hotel is about 4 storys high and the rooms are fairly decent andhas internet down stairs in the small restaurant. I think most of the taxi's in knong kai (thai side) know which hotels you would want. Pay no more than 400baht for the ride. They will try and get as much as they can...Many to choose from so you will find one with a better price. Make sure and take some US dollars if possible. The trouble I had was trying to convert to kip.

I drew out I think 10,000kip from the atm and that turned out to be about 3us dollars..haha....so that was an expensive atm fee for 3 bucks....Things are cheap there so it is easy to find food. Just tell the taxi driver you want a hotel close to "victory monument" and that is walking distance 5-10 minutes from the hotel. Then in the moring there will be a tuk tuk out fron to give you a ride to get in queque. It will be about a 4 hour ordeal. I would recommend filling out the visa form and glue the two passport size pics onto that and hand it over when your number is called. Then at one oclock the next day you get in line and wait about 2 hrs untill you get inside to recieve your pp. I wasn't too worried about wifi as long as I had access to the internet since it is only a 2 day stay...but I'm not sure what your plans of staying are soooo...mine was just for the visa ..I imagine that is what you are looking to do too....easy but long queque.

while you are there waiting you can go visit this building that was built with US supplys after we pulled out of Vietnam. The concrete was mean't for an airstrip but was just left and the lao governement built this. The hotel is just about 4 blocks down the street from that building. ...But you can't miss it...It's called . The hotel I believe was about 10US bucks.

"Victory monument" go see it while you wait to pick up your passport the next day. There are sidewalk restaurants all over so no problem with food. Go back to the bus station and get your ticket...go back....walaaaaaa....good for 90 days...

post-119225-0-30914900-1293215690_thumb.