This Is Starting To Pi$$ Me Off

EvilDrSomkid

I have four tattoos, discreet (except for the one on my foot). Top tattoists work. Including a "tramp stamp" as some of you put it (a term i just learned from this thread). I had a finishing education in Switzerland, i have a BA(hons) (and other various qualifications and experiences), earn my own money, look after my mind and body, live a simple happy life, and travel if and when i can.

Ive never danced around a pole.

I love my tattoos.

Just because a woman chooses to decorate her body for herself, doesnt mean she is a "tramp". I realise in Thailand tattoos on Thai ladies are often seen in a negative light, but to say its 100% a mark of her past bar lifestyle is absurd. Many women like tattoos. If the girls you see as doing well were trying to hide their so-called past, they could have their tattoos lasered off. :o

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a couple of couples who are still together due to their inability to communicate.

Yes - how true: indeed, the very fact that such couples do not communicate beyond a certain level, means that there is always a "distance" between them which prevents them from getting under each others skin and having to deal with all the issues/conflicts that arise as people get close - they never really get to know each other.

A very good observation Neeranam.

Absolutely. This quite often suits one or both parties very well, too.

Also, even when people have reasonable proficiency in one or both partners' languages, cultural differences will often mean they still cannot communicate "beyond a certain point" (especially so as people get older, I think). Again, this quite often suits one or both parties.

Cultural "interference" is far more deeply ingrained and important than linguistic interference.

As for tattoos, well, I suppose I find them rather faddish but don't particularly care one way or another.

Also, degrees are not always any useful proof of "education".

have you even visited Thailand ?

Obviously your comprehension of english, leaves a lot to be desired.

What I said was that thais "CAN" speak reasonable ENGRISH" <- note the purposeful misspelling

What I most certainly didn't say was that thais DO speak freely or easily. Prying engrish out of the thais is a laborious and tedious task at best. The "lose-face if I make a mistake in speaking", is just too ingrained in their psyches to break easily.

And yes FWIW; I've lived in this tiny, insignificant, and pissant, developing third world country, which thinks it's the center of the known universe for over 4 years. I live amongst and am forced to interact with the ever smiling, yet diminutive native inhabitants here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais" every day. Thanx for asking..

It's part of the ongoing stereotyping that the whole of society uses.

Mass marketing is all about generalisations and it is inbred to all of us to a lesser or greater degree.

It's easy for the west to label others and Thailand doesn't escape this. Is there anyone reading this thread who hasn't heard a gratuitous reference to a Thai hooker in a western movie or TV show?

Last week I was watching a new show (to the UK at least) 'Generation Kill' about the first Gulf War. One of the troopers said something, "....faster than an underage Phuket hooker".

It couldn't get much more gratuitous than this - in the middle of the Iraq desert with not a woman, let alone a Thai in site.

It's far from correct and I find it cheap and offensive, but it ain't gonna stop anytime soon. Occasionally it irks me enough to say or do something about it, but most of the time I'm relaxed enough to ignore it and get on with my own thing.

have you even visited Thailand ?

Obviously your comprehension of english, leaves a lot to be desired.

What I said was that thais "CAN" speak reasonable ENGRISH" <- note the purposeful misspelling

What I most certainly didn't say was that thais DO speak freely or easily. Prying engrish out of the thais is a laborious and tedious task at best. The "lose-face if I make a mistake in speaking", is just too ingrained in their psyches to break easily.

And yes FWIW; I've lived in this tiny, insignificant, and pissant, developing third world country, which thinks it's the center of the known universe for over 4 years. I live amongst and am forced to interact with the ever smiling, yet diminutive native inhabitants here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais" every day. Thanx for asking..

Gene Simmons or is it Peter Chris - one question if I may in relation to your last paragraph - why do you do it?