Looking For A Store To Bbuy Household Goods

peregrine8

Hello All

I am looking for a store to buy all the things you need when you move into a new home and do not have hardly anything. We moved from the states with just our clothes. So we need things like pillows, sheet sets, towels all that kind of stuff and then things like broom, mop, cleanings supplys and stuff like that.

Thanks Peregrine8

Where are you located in the city? There is a Robinson's Department Store on Rachadapisek near Esplanade Mall. Esplanade has an assortment of stuff and a Top's Market downstairs. Also, a Carrefour and Home Pro store in that area, just north of Thailand Cultural Center station for the MRT. Also, a large shopping center to the north, at one of the other MRT stations, about the 4th station north of Thailand Cultural Center, Phahon Yothin Station, I believe. Tesco-Lotus to the south at Phra Ram 9 MRT station, Fortune Tower Building.

Also, a Robinson's near Asoke interchange station and Central Department Store going west onto Ploenchit.

Edited by beechguy

With all the offers on at the moment Robinson's is not uncompetitive, good quality stuff but slightly limited choice. Carrefour has cheaper but lower quality stuff (and their stores are a little grubbier). Tesco-Lotus is a good medium, especially the one at On Nut BTS.

As said above, more specific advice may be available if you at least say roughly where in BKK you are setting up.

For not getting email notfications, you may try posting in the forum support section for assistance.

For the shopping, you have a Robinson's between the Asoke and Nana BTS Stations. Can walk in without going all the way down to the street level at the Asoke Station I believe. The Emporium at the Phrom Phong BTS Station, and Central Deprtment Store at the Chit Lom Station also have exits without going down to street level.

At the Asoke interchange, it's easy to go north on the MRT line to look at the other stores I mentioned in the beginning.

For not getting email notfications, you may try posting in the forum support section for assistance.

For the shopping, you have a Robinson's between the Asoke and Nana BTS Stations. Can walk in without going all the way down to the street level at the Asoke Station I believe. The Emporium at the Phrom Phong BTS Station, and Central Deprtment Store at the Chit Lom Station also have exits without going down to street level.

At the Asoke interchange, it's easy to go north on the MRT line to look at the other stores I mentioned in the beginning.

Thank you much I will check them out as soon as possible.

Peregrine8

On the Sukhumvite around farlang land, you have Robinsons about Soi 15.

Then up the end and a little bit you have a Carefour & Tesco on Rama 4 (Road), a long woalk, but 40bht in a cab.

Home Pro, is on the Odd Soi side, about 100m past Soi 1. (4 stories of house hold stuff )