Timber Shops?

moneyshot

I know there are various timber shops around but after trying a few today most only stock hardwood.

I was just after some cheap and light timber to knock up some saw horses and a work bench, so it doesn't need to be top grade.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for where to go?

Many Thanks :-)

To answer my own question if anyone is in the same boat at some point...

There is a wood shop behind Home Mart on the super highway called Suksawad. Going towards the mountain about 50 metres past Home Mart take a left into a little Soi then follow it approximately 250 metres and you will see it on each side of the road. It is a fairly big place and the service was great with English speaking sales people.

To answer my own question if anyone is in the same boat at some point...

There is a wood shop behind Home Mart on the super highway called Suksawad. Going towards the mountain about 50 metres past Home Mart take a left into a little Soi then follow it approximately 250 metres and you will see it on each side of the road. It is a fairly big place and the service was great with English speaking sales people.

I'm also in the market for needing some decent "soft wood" somthing like pine would be ideal.. All i ever seem to come across is this bloody hard wood thats costing me more in nails than it is for a length of timber.. Not sure where home mart is exactly. Would you mind giving me directions if i was say at "carefour"

Thanks.. :o

They don't have any pine wood... The lady said no have! Apparently there is some in Thailand but not so easy to get and I bet it is expensive. However this place has the best selection I have seen after looking around...

From Carefoure you need to head towards Mae-Jo Road along the super highway frontage road. You will easily see Home Mart, it has a big sign.

Attached is the map on the back of their card, it is in Thai but maybe someone can help you out when you get close.

;-)

post-41534-1235010329_thumb.jpg

I know there are various timber shops around but after trying a few today most only stock hardwood.

I was just after some cheap and light timber to knock up some saw horses and a work bench, so it doesn't need to be top grade.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for where to go?

Many Thanks :-)

On the second ring road between Doi Saket road and the San Khampaeng / or maybe as far South as the new San Khampaeng road junctions on the west side of the road there is a shop right on the dual carriageway which sells some soft, I think it's pinewood strips, but they're not planks as such. more 2x2's and so on. Maybe worth a look.

Bojo

For VERY cheap wood go to Baan Maa, near to Lamphoon. There are lots of places there selling ex- packaging wood in a very wide variety of sizes and lengths, but inevitably with nail holes. They even have sheets of thin plywood.

To get to Baan Maa head out on the Lamphun road, go past Lamphun, over the big flyover bridge, about a further 5 or 6 km or so, through some large traffic lights, up and down a small hill, and you will then pass two gas stations fairly close together on your left. The second one has yellow and black colours and I think the name begins with C - I just can't remember the name (not Jet, not Shell, not PTT...). Anyway, turn left after this gas station down a relatively small road with a long straight to start with. Follow this for a few kms as it twists and turns through small villages with seemingly every other shop selling cheap furniture. Slow down and keep your eyes open and you will see a number of secondhand timber shops along the road. Stop and buy!

Do not know if they still have it but Pine used to be sold by the lumber company which I think is called Thawipan. They have an office on Charoen Muang, it is after the Sanpakoy market (Bkk Bank) and before the Post Office, closer to the market and on the North side of the street. They also have a large facility on the road to Mae Rim, east side of the road and I think it is after the last ring road but it may be a bit before.

They don't have any pine wood... The lady said no have! Apparently there is some in Thailand but not so easy to get and I bet it is expensive. However this place has the best selection I have seen after looking around...

From Carefoure you need to head towards Mae-Jo Road along the super highway frontage road. You will easily see Home Mart, it has a big sign.

Attached is the map on the back of their card, it is in Thai but maybe someone can help you out when you get close.

;-)

Appreciate the directions thanks :o

• 2 weeks later...
Do not know if they still have it but Pine used to be sold by the lumber company which I think is called Thawipan. They have an office on Charoen Muang, it is after the Sanpakoy market (Bkk Bank) and before the Post Office, closer to the market and on the North side of the street. They also have a large facility on the road to Mae Rim, east side of the road and I think it is after the last ring road but it may be a bit before.

Thaweepan is just after the second ring road on the east. They also do a fair amount of decking wood in varying types but it ain't cheap.

Thaweepan is just after the second ring road on the east. They also do a fair amount of decking wood in varying types but it ain't cheap.

Plenty of pine at Thaweepan,Mae Rim road,have bought it there myself up to a 100mm x 100mm