Buying An Air Ticket But Only Using One Leg?

syd barrett

There is a Qatar Airways Offer of 356 GBP Return LON-BKK. Suppose I bought a ticket, but did not fly out LON-BKK but attempted to return BKK-LON.

Would they honour my return leg of the ticket?

How about this?

I have a flight London-Dubai-Bangkok Return. On the outward trip I don't check-in in London, but attempt to check in, in Dubai, because I'm already there. Will they honour my flight ticket portion?

There is a Qatar Airways Offer of 356 GBP Return LON-BKK. Suppose I bought a ticket, but did not fly out LON-BKK but attempted to return BKK-LON.

How about this?

I have a flight London-Dubai-Bangkok Return. On the outward trip I don't check-in in London, but attempt to check in, in Dubai, because I'm already there. Will they honour my flight ticket portion?

I don't think they'd let you. They would cancel the ticket I think.

How about this?

you could fly out then not return,......but NO they will not let you return if you didn't fly out.

Last month a friend made a quick trip back to the UK on BA due to a death in the family.

The 4 sector return trip included a 3 hour limo trip instead of flights for the first and last legs.

For convenience he travelled the first leg in a friend’s car instead of the limo and caught the flight at the airport. He flew to the UK without problems. Due to a misunderstanding the travel agent failed to inform the airline that he would be driving the first leg.

On check-in at Heathrow for his return journey he was informed that due to his failure to catch the limo on the first leg his ticket showed as no show and his ticket was cancelled.

After some negotiation the check-in staff at Heathrow contacted BA’s welfare department who reactivated his ticket allowing him to fly back.

It seems very unfair to me. Suppose you missed you flight, paid for the next one, then assumed the return leg was O.K. I will look into this, maybe email the airlines and get their views.

That would be different as long as the new flight was with the same airline and they were aware of the need to adjust the booking. But if you just don't take the flight, they'll cancel.