Banyan Tree Rooftop Restaurant

keepwalking

Hello,

Have checked their website and can find no mention and only passing mention in threads here...

Could anybody tell me roughly how expensive a dinner for two at Banyan Tree rooftop restaurant is? Of course there will be a range but say just a main dish, dessert and a drink (me a glass of wine and her a non alcoholic one)?

I am bracing myself for the worst.

Thanks.

Hello,

Have checked their website and can find no mention and only passing mention in threads here...

Could anybody tell me roughly how expensive a dinner for two at Banyan Tree rooftop restaurant is? Of course there will be a range but say just a main dish, dessert and a drink (me a glass of wine and her a non alcoholic one)?

Thanks.

That's a spartan dinner... depends on what you order but it looks like you'll spend only a couple of Ks per head.

Hello,

Thanks.

That's a spartan dinner... depends on what you order but it looks like you'll spend only a couple of Ks per head.

Just looking for a guide..thanks for reply.

I like Banyan Tree but find Scricco at State Tower more "breathtaking". We ate late dinner there last Friday evening. 2 Mojito's, 2 glasses of wine, 2 appetisers, and 2 entress. Cost was 6100 baht. Ask for table with view of singer as you dine. 2nd time there for dinner and several times for drinks at the bar. Well worth it as we were there for several hours listening to some great singing.

Banyan tree I find the cost the same but unless you are there for sunset which is spectacular on the right evening. It seems kind of dark. Cost around the same.

Zanzibar on Soi 11 suk does real nice food...the easy listening shitty music can be a bit offputting if u like rock like i do, but the food has always been top notch and the decor setup is pretty good if u want to make a decent impression on your chick...i think last week i paid about 3k for me and the bird i was with for a few drinks and two courses

Zanzibar on Soi 11 suk does real nice food...the easy listening shitty music can be a bit offputting if u like rock like i do, but the food has always been top notch and the decor setup is pretty good if u want to make a decent impression on your chick...i think last week i paid about 3k for me and the bird i was with for a few drinks and two courses

thanks all..yes, Zanzibar is quite nice (for sleazy ole Sukhumvit) but we were there last week! Will look into the suggestion above.

Sorry but Banyan Tree and Scriocco do not even compare to the Baiyoke sky. Banyan Tree and Scriocco are elegant and beautiful, while Baiyoke might have a view it's decorated like a cafeteria with a buffet. Zanzibar is also nice but again it's very different than Banyan Tree and

Scricco.

From memory, Banyan Tree is slightly more expensive than Sirocco at about 3,500-4,000Bt per head. My last two visits to Sirocco were not great. I thought the food was poor. The level of service was not the same as previous visits perhaps a sign of how popular it has become with tourists.

Mezzaluna is better than both of them IMO but is inside the Dome not open air.

Since Sirocco is always busy (allegedly) I have been to Breeze a few times instead (this is the Chinese Seafood restaurant on the 59th? floor). I find the ambience here much nicer than Sirocco but the menu is a bit limited for someone like me who is not a massive seafood fan and wants more than rice as an option with my main course.

Of the four my preferences are (with approx. price per person including drinks but no bottle of wine):

1. Mezzaluna - 4,000 food and service

2. Breeze - 3,000 romantic and nice design (the tables in the balconies are best with a view) - food can be good but depends on the menu.

3. Vertigo - 3,500-4,000 - food & view (some tables are a bit pokey)

4. Sirocco - 3,500 - view

Do you need a reservation for Sirocco and Vertigo?

Much safer, especially during the dry season, Sirrocco always appears full. They've opened recently a middle eastern restaurant on the pool level of the State Tower, forgot the name. Found the food very heavy but you might have a look for a change. As of Mezzaluna, it's also my fav of all the restaurants mentionned in this thread, but 4000 per head is definetely on the low side to dine there, several of their main courses cost more than that.

I went there for my 50th on Friday. 9 people, drinks 3 bottles of wine (monthly choice) main courses and a few starters as we provided the cake was just under 30K. But great so worth it

I keep wanting to go, but for the expense I could eat at a Michelin starred restaurant in London. Is that food that good?

RAZZ

I went there for my 50th on Friday. 9 people, drinks 3 bottles of wine (monthly choice) main courses and a few starters as we provided the cake was just under 30K. But great so worth it

I keep wanting to go, but for the expense I could eat at a Michelin starred restaurant in London. Is that food that good?

RAZZ

Mezzaluna has decent italian food but small portions. Debatable wether it's worth the price but the setting is great. I seem to spend less than 5K per head in Sirrocco (but more in Mezzaluna) including a couple of drinks, same I would pay in Paris for a trendy but non starred restaurant. Yes worth it, quite unique setting as well although less exclusive/private than Mezzaluna. Been a few times to Vertigo for drinks and once for dinner, and somehow for similar prices I prefer Sirocco. Probably because of the more impressive layout and a welcome jazz band.

I have never been to England but I would place the BT Rooftop equal to any restaurant in LA, San Francisco, Chicago or New Orleans I have dined in. I did try many restaurants all were tax write offs so go for the best.

I had Kobe beef and it was truly excellent.

Our servers could have worked anywhere in the States for they were out standing as well.

II had Kobe beef and it was truly excellent.

Funny... so had one of my guests during last dinner in Mezzaluna. He also reckoned it was excellent -but small. 6000up after service charge and VAT though for the Kobe beef only. Nice place, but be prepared to a consequent bill.

I think Mezzaluna is way too expensive ,closer to THB 6000 per head plus tax and service charge ,that is without wine, Supposesd to be Italian ,but i would say Zanotti, Gianni , etc better value and defintely better food

Sirroco is cheaper than Mezzaluna ,again food is not that great ,and wines very expensive

Breeze i find the best of the lot at state tower , food is actually good ,view great ,but again wines a killer

The indian / arab restaurant on mezzanine level Mozzu ( or something similar ) is again expensive and food below average ,they even sell pizza

Vertigo i find to be better value for money, On a side note corkage at Vertigo is THB 1000 , whilst at Mezzaluna ,Sirroco and Breeze it is

THB 10,000 , that is not a typing error it is THB 10,000 whilst at Mozzo it is THB 5,000

A rule of thumb is Spring fallows winter no matter where u are. winter in Thailand is usually short and in December-January so Spring would be after that and prior to Summer. I believe the actual date was April 3, 2007.

Eating on the streets can cost less, ordering drinks with out food will always cost less. The topic of this thread was concerning the cost of dining at the Banyan Tree Rooftop Restaurant.

the difference in eating and dining can really be different.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks.

to be honest i left after one drink... unless u like sitting on other peoples laps..... the tables are far too close together.... i would suggest the dome.... heres the link http://www.thedomebkk.com/web/index.html

I never found the food very good at Zanzibar. It's quite a nice ambience, but pretty expensive, bland fare ( though the wings were quite good, I don't think that should be the kind of food you're paying hundreds of baht for)

Never been to Vertigo, but most of the Thai women I know love it there.

• 3 weeks later...
My last visit to the Banyan Tree Rooftop was in the spring of 07

Is that northern hemisphere spring or southern hemisphere spring? Because Thailand does not have a spring...

Yes it does and arguably two, the Vernal and Autumnal Equinox.