Thai Air Ways

WilliamCave

I flew Business Class with Thai in January and it was crap compared with Singapore Airlines on the same route, food was very bland and would have been pretty rank even in economy and in flight entertainment was almost non existent, didn't even have a power point for a laptop, rubbish.

What plane was that?

747/400, very disappointing, didn't even have screens in the seat rears, just 15 channels on a crap pull out of the armrest screen that was ancient, no games, no power points, this supposed to be business class <deleted>.......it was like going back in time.

65,000 Baht return Bkk/Tokyo/Bkk.

Never again.

Must have been the old cabin. The new cabin has power points.

The 777-300 has a better cabin again. Large screens in the seat back as well.

How "specific" are you here?

What aircraft are you talking about?

Don't bull-it.

777-300 They have 6 of them that are being upgraded and have a great new cabin.

How <deleted> specific do you want? Reference to any other 777 is irrelevent to the point I was making.

I flew Business Class with Thai in January and it was crap compared with Singapore Airlines on the same route, food was very bland and would have been pretty rank even in economy and in flight entertainment was almost non existent, didn't even have a power point for a laptop, rubbish.

What plane was that?

747/400, very disappointing, didn't even have screens in the seat rears, just 15 channels on a crap pull out of the armrest screen that was ancient, no games, no power points, this supposed to be business class <deleted>.......it was like going back in time.

Never again.

Don't bull-it.

How <deleted> specific do you want? Reference to any other 777 is irrelevent to the point I was making.

You have to really spell things out to 'the gifted' :o

What plane was that?

Never again.

Don't bull-it.

I said 6 out of 20 and one has to get lucky rather than a norm. You had no idea, you thought they were all the same.

And they are not being upgraded. They came like that, brand new. in November and December 2006. The newest one is TJW, October 2007.

You know, airplanes in service have regististrations, pretty much like cars. That was, to you mystrerious, "HS-TJS".

From outside, the planes look the same. But, inside, it could be heaven and earth (I gave 3 pictures before).

Again, yet another picture for you. Look above the nose leg (that red circle, you can't miss it), that's where it says what plane you are boarding.

hstjs1.jpg

So, the 6 new planes, not upgraded, are:

HS-TJR

HS-TJS

HS-TJT

HS-TJU

HS-TJV

HS-TJW

It even goes in alphabethical order, look at the last letter.

Edited by think_too_mut

"Excuse me sir,but are you Maigo6" Why yes i am..."Here's yar f@#$ing food sir"!LOL :o

That's another thing......

They don't use your name in Business Class, Singapore Airlines staff come up and greet you a smile and a " Welcome aboard Mr Go6, we hope you have a pleasant flight and don't hesitate to call upon us for any service you require"

The personal touch, heck I even had a Hostess sitting down with me once chatting about Singapore, ans she asked if I was staying in bangkok that night, mind you, I'm very good looking so that in itself is not that unusual, but still, it's a nice gesture.

The Thai flight was completely full and to my horror they overbooked in Economy so upgraded people from peasant class to completely fill Business Class also, I could tell they were economy passengers as they had that wide eyed look that says " wow these seats are bigger than in Economy and we get it for free, whilst that poor prick ( me ) paid through the nose for it, smug bastards !

Then again it was the last day of the Japanese New Years holidays so it was bound to be packed going to Tokyo, still out of order though upgrading them, should have left them stranded at the airport till the next available cattle class was available!

Singapore Airlines for me next time for sure, Thai is as smooth as sandpaper.

Maigohok - often your posts make me want to chew on cast iron railings...but this one i read a while ago and still can't stop smiling..."to my horror - etc"

Incidentally...what is with the new business class seats? the old ones were like comfy old gentleman's club seats. Those new horrors with the hard blue plastic shell - well the edge of the shell behind the non-table armrest is exactly placed to serve a katana strike to the elbow at every arm movement. Anyone else noticed this? or just my strange anatomy?

J.

I said 6 out of 20 and one has to get lucky rather than a norm. You had no idea, you thought they were all the same.

And they are not being upgraded. They came like that, brand new. in November and December 2006. The newest one is TJW, October 2007.

You know, airplanes in service have regististrations, pretty much like cars. That was, to you mystrerious, "HS-TJS".

From outside, the planes look the same. But, inside, it could be heaven and earth (I gave 3 pictures before).

Again, yet another picture for you. Look above the nose leg (that red circle, you can't miss it), that's where it says what plane you are boarding.

What the hel_l?

I specified 777-300 because I know that they ARE being fitted with a new cabin. That's why I said 777-300 and not just 777. It's because I follow the industry in general and TG specifically because I fly them regularly and have gold ff membership. Nothing lucky about it. Not a guess. Can you comprehend this concept? I never said anything about them being the same.

Maybe "think_too_mut" needs to think a bit smarter not harder and stop being a know all.

Edited by tw25rw

My apologies. You could be talking about biz class cabin upgrade. That is needed for those 13 years old wrecks bought without seats and contract given to some (whose?) local plastic manufacturing company to make and fit them in.

There is no reference in the world about whole plane upgrade. They (TG) were forced by Star Alliance to be in line with general biz class offer.

Right about the time - just when biz class market has all but disappeared.

In 2001 & 2002 I burned 1.2 mil FF miles on SYD-BKK-SYD in iny available class, thanks to my employer.

Now, even in better times, biz class layout is of no relevance to me and many others here.

I would not have paid biz class out of my pocket for 6 hours flights, 36 return flights since 2003.

It would have been 2.34 mil baht (67,000US$) only for travel, even from discounters. More flexible biz class tickets would be twice as much. Don't know how many here would burn that much of their own money on 6 hours flights.

Economy was about 23,000US$ overall, even that is not insignificant when paying myself.

[

In 2001 & 2002 I burned 1.2 mil FF miles on SYD-BKK-SYD in iny available class, thanks to my employer.

TTM, in two years, even in J, that's abt 1 SYD-BKK every 4 days without vacations... slavery I'd call it... and with the jet lag and time in the air and the airport... did you have time to work in any office at all ??

As of flying 6hours in Y, well, I wouldn't do it, to each his own, and the business class old config on TG planes is noticeably less comfortable and less spacious than the new one. I prefer F of course, but we are in a very dire period :o

Back to the food, gentlemen. :D I just flew into L.A. on Thai 5hoours ago and there Food were better than I expected. I had Salmon for dinner and Thai Omelet for breakfast at 5:30 p.m. L.A. time. :o

I would have paid to eat both meals. Good for airline food, I thought.

[

TTM, in two years, even in J, that's abt 1 SYD-BKK every 4 days without vacations... slavery I'd call it... and with the jet lag and time in the air and the airport... did you have time to work in any office at all ??

No, it was about 12-13 trips, something like 80K points for economy, 120K for biz, 150K for first, whatever was available on QF/BA. Once in 2-3 months. Still have just enough for 1 return in biz NRT-SYD-NRT.

Worst food on intra-Asian flights. My father in law's dogs get fed better! Unfortunately I have to fly them a lot due to destinations and for them having the best time slots (for me). Cutting down as much as I can.

Try to compare CX with TG on BKK-HKG route. Better prices, better food, better service.

When you complain (via email), TG does not even respond.