Why live in thailand?

With a lot of the posts i read, it seems that many are not too happy in LOS, it's not just now that i have noticed this trend, back in 1990 when i came here many long term stayers where also moaning, now i know us farangs like a good moan, fair enough, but why are we really here.

As for myself i like it in Thailand.  I moan about it too!, but when i am away, i cant wait to get back! Not many places can compare with Thailand, yes we complain, but then again so do most minorities in another land. My friends in London used to complain that the police where only stopping their car  cos they where Black. I pointed out that maybe it was because they had no tax or insurance they where being stopped :o

Personally i dont think there will be a mass exodus of farangs leaving Thailand, look at the alternatives. I travel a lot, go to many countries, i go back HOME on Sunday, as always........ cant wait.... :D

This is just my view, i am not saying that some people dont have a good case for a moan, but ........i wonder if we can say in a few words why we are here, it may be interesting.

Cheers

for me it is the weather,the food,the lack of regulation(although that seems to be changing),the easy going lifestyle,the value for money,the lack of stress,the general friendliness and warmth of my thai in-laws and family and the thais in general and the easyness of it all, but not necessarily in that order.

complaints about thailand include a lot of racist attitudes to  foriegners,attitudes to wealth,the difficulty of a westerner to know exactly what goes on  inside the thai mind,the everyday hardships of the disadvantaged in thailand,the lack of justice and the poor education system that contributes to the unfairness of life here.but as a foriegner i am insulated from most of that.i feel lucky to be able to be here.