Ban Krut Beach, 4 Hours South Of Bkk By Train

saeanao

• 5 months later...
I was planning a holiday at Ban Krut beach but have recently heard that the beach is pretty dirty and there are is a lot of fish farming in the area.

Can any one who has recently been there give me an update.

Thanks

Not sure if this is to late, but if its any reassurance I can say that the Beach in Ban Krut is the best ive seen in Thailand. There is a beauty full temple on a hill to the left of the beach and when you look to the right you see white sand that disappears into the distance to far for the eye to reach. Ban Krut is a small fishing village and the fish drying farms are more towards Ban Saphan which pose no threat to anyone. I have a 7 rai plot of land where ive built a small house, because i fell in love with this area years ago

We were there about a month ago, it was a pleasant clean beach, with hardly anybody else on it, so I would definitely recommend Ban Krut. The signposting off the main North-South Highway was poor however, lucky we were touring by car so this wasn't a problem, and there seemed to be plenty of places to stay on the main beach, some looking a bit run-down.

We, like many other farang visitors, stayed at the HI/YHA Youth Hostel, which is a beach-front resort with various grades of bungalows just north of the Wat on the headland, away from the main beach and a couple of km out-of-town. It was clean and friendly, but a bit pricey for an out-of-the-way beach-resort, with no dorm-bed option for those on a tight budget.

I was planning a holiday at Ban Krut beach but have recently heard that the beach is pretty dirty and there are is a lot of fish farming in the area.

Thanks

A train that will take you from Bangkok to Ban Krut in 4 hours doesn't exist. The 08.05 am from Hua Lamphong will take you there in just under 5 hours on a very good day. The rest of them will more likely be around 7 hours.

http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_PDF.asp

And don't worry. Ban Krut is a very nice beach.

Cheers

Nana

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this is rather a late reply, but, thought we would add a bit of an update for those new visitors. We live in Bangsaphan (Yai) about 20mins from BanKrut. Yes! the beach is beautiful and the locals are very accommodating. Well worth the visit, especially to the temple which holds a rather large Gold Budha. BangKrut is still a very quite, unique village. If you do decide to visit Bankrut, please note that they do not have any Supermarkets/7-Eleven as such. Any shopping needs, you will need to visit Bangsaphan (Yai), but saying that, they do have a wonderful market & the restuarants catering for most needs!

:)

Thanks

When are you going? We stayed there a few years ago around late December and early January, nearly every day there was a strong wind, so strong that the sand was blowing into us so it was unpleasant sitting on the beach. We were thinking of putting down roots there, however when we asked about the wind we were told that is always the same at that time of year. The sea was rough too. We decided to look elsewhere to stay long term because of it.