Kickboxing Classes

chrisjune

hey everyone! =)

my buddy is coming over to bangkok in a few days and all he wants to do is take thai kickboxing classes...he only wants to train in striking and defense, but no cardio at all...he also wants to live close to the kickboxing school...does anyone know of any schools/places to stay near lumpini park? he wants to do this for 30 days...

thanks in advance! =)

There is a new Gym that just opened in Silom. Spirit Muay Thai.

They have homestay and the gym is kitted out with all the newest, clean boxing gear, ring, pads, bags plus a weight/cardio room. You saty in a great clean room attacted to the gym plus its walking distance to BTS and Siloms cheeky areas

Why would your friend not be interested in the cardio side?

• 3 weeks later...
hey everyone! =)

my buddy is coming over to bangkok in a few days and all he wants to do is take thai kickboxing classes...he only wants to train in striking and defense, but no cardio at all...he also wants to live close to the kickboxing school...does anyone know of any schools/places to stay near lumpini park? he wants to do this for 30 days...

thanks in advance! =)

the new gym on soi 13, boxer rebellion is starting daytime muaythai with a world calss instructor ( so I am told)

you will not have to spend hours running, skipping rope, etc

soon they may be opening a hostel too (again , so I am told) google them

I know what you mean when you say you just want the technical side of it,you know what, I know several who never used to run, skip rope etc, that included a many times world champ and super nice guy

oh boy, he will be here in a few day's, maybe not enough time

but good luck

The reason you don't opt for cardio is because you can do that in your own time, pay the instructors to teach you the striking and defence so you learn more of it in your paid time.

It's economics baby!

so true, who wants to pay good money to do something they can( but in truth sometimes usually do not due to laze factor) do at home

One kickboxer told me he never ran/jumped rope, but did do round upon round of light sparring fully kitted up, this way he claimed he got all the cardio he needed and the timing/distance/strategys down pat

He became a world champ, so I guess must know something, does this ring true to all you young muaythai guy's?

And how come muaythai does not spar?

My friend & Instructor back in mid 80s, was I think WAKO or an early version of WAKO that is now defunct,

anyway he was World Full Contact Champion for 7 years & European Titles, British & Irish belts too.

Have not see him in about 3 years he is aged mid 40s now, & does not train, just used to pop in

before I came to live in Thailand, into the gym every few weeks, & spar & kick the hel_l out of us

all.

Anyway... point is, He NEVER ran nor jogged once ever when he was World Champ.

Fought PKA champ think was John Longstreet when he was not 20 years old, & still no jogging

running, not once.

He just to spar all the time! ;-)

• 3 months later...