You Know You Are In Thailand When....

NewLifeNY

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a group of drunk farang men at a crowded pool in a low cost resort in PTY loudly makes tasteless, condescending jokes about a Western woman and her male Thai partner at that pool ... :o

Birdman..what things did they say??? :D

When a group of drunk farang men at a crowded pool in a low cost resort in PTY loudly makes tasteless, condescending jokes about a Western woman and her male Thai partner at that pool ... :o

Birdman..what things did they say??? :D

...you can imagine what...!

Why? It's hate. Why? They can't handle the fact, that Farang women, who ignore them at home have a Thai lover here.

Well ive been dating a Thai guy for a year..and ive never heard anything negative said (at least not within earshot). So thats why I asked. Hope never to have to deal with that. Although somehow i think a lot of guys wouldnt dare, my bf is tall, broad shouldered, and imposing looking. Sad to hear that happened to that lady and her partner.

Well ive been dating a Thai guy for a year..and ive never heard anything negative said (at least not within earshot). So thats why I asked. Hope never to have to deal with that. Although somehow i think a lot of guys wouldnt dare, my bf is tall, broad shouldered, and imposing looking. Sad to hear that happened to that lady and her partner.

So he is not Thai then? Tall? Broad shoulders???? Imposing looking??? You know you are not in Thailand when you see one of these.....jk

Edited by NewLifeNY

You know you're in the real Thailand when you wake up and look for some breakfast and real coffee and the only thing offered is Birdy and last nights left-overs (which have been sitting in an unrefrigerated pantrybox).

You know you're in the real Thailand when that meal is eaten on the floor with the young 'uns dropping and picking up to consume their food--but you have to sit cross legged cause feet are dirty.

You know you're in the real Thailand when the old lady bitches you out because you wasted electricity by putting your laptop in sleep mode all the while having the aircon running in an empty bedroom.

You know you're in the real Thailand when all this starts off by the tambon speakers blare the morning news.

You know you're in the real Thailand when, although there's a perfectly good well with a filtration system, the local water delivery guy drops off a load of "rain water" that the M.I.L just HAS to have.

You know you're in the real Thailand when the in-laws bust out the shotgun upon seeing a dove and decide that's what's for lunch. Speed at which shotgun disappears will tell you the legality of that weapon.

You know you're in the real Thailand when it's only the government that has the dual pricing; otherwise you'll pay the same for food and everything else.

You know you're in the real Thailand when you can look out at the fence row and see tonight's dinner blissfully picking away at whatever assorted bugs there happens to be.

You know you're in the real Thailand when despite the mobile noise pollution adverts, tambon speakers, screaming family, you still get 'shushed' when attempting to make a phone call to a mate.

You know you're in the real Thailand when it's perfectly natural to see most of your meals cooked on a clay 'BBQ' pot.

You know you're in the real Thailand when you go to town and hear 'falang, falang'.

You know you're in the real Thailand when you don't have salt and pepper on your table, but rather sugar, ground chili, fish sauce, and fish sauce with chili.

You know you're in the real Thailand when you go out and buy drinking water which the family immediately empties into the communal water igloo with a single steel cup that may have been last washed when Ghandi was still alive.

You know you're in the real Thailand when you start knowing which manufacturer of tak-tak engines is the best.

You know you're in the real Thailand when knowing about tak-tak engines let's you know which is used in the 'bus' that takes the family member's kids to school.

That's about it for now, but I'd like to say I love each and every one of those aforementioned examples.....well possibly with the exception of the breakfast!

how much time do you spend around the pool in pats?

* When you fly Perth (Australia) to Singapore to Bangkok to Khon Kaen and get met by the family and are told: 'Welcome home.'

* When you look forward to joining friends on the back of a pick-up throwing water at farangs.

* When you don't blink when a baby elephant wanders down the street.

* When you can walk to the corner Mum and Pop shop at any time of the day or night and feel 100% safe.

Peter

You know you are in Thailand when you see a whole bunch of people wearing yellow T-shirts and sleep in Government House for 3 months, sleep in some airports in the South and finally sleep in 2 airports in Bangkok :o and Army does not do anything.

When you sit next to two old German blokes on the BTS with typically dodgy travel attire (all that was missing was the Ledenhosen, would have been perfect otherwise!)

When you're shopping in a supermarket and using a trolley is almost as dangerous as driving in Bangkok, getting cut-up or blocked by other inconsiderate trolleyers! Grrrr....!

When you want to walk up/down an escalator but you can't because of everyone standing all over the place yet they queue orderly to get on the BTS!

When you see a dog every twenty metres on the street but never actually see someone walking their dog, but when you do they are one of those tiny things that fit in a handbag which a street dog would have for breakfast!

When you are so lazy to go out because of the heat and resort to reading/writing posts on thaivisa.com!  :o

When you sit next to two old German blokes on the BTS with typically dodgy travel attire (all that was missing was the Ledenhosen, would have been perfect otherwise!)

When you're shopping in a supermarket and using a trolley is almost as dangerous as driving in Bangkok, getting cut-up or blocked by other inconsiderate trolleyers! Grrrr....!

When you want to walk up/down an escalator but you can't because of everyone standing all over the place yet they queue orderly to get on the BTS!

When you see a dog every twenty metres on the street but never actually see someone walking their dog, but when you do they are one of those tiny things that fit in a handbag which a street dog would have for breakfast!

When you are so lazy to go out because of the heat and resort to reading/writing posts on thaivisa.com!  :o

so you complain first of all about Germans, than about trolleys, people at escalators, dogs and something (?) and the heat

I am sure, there are many other issues you have on your list.

Best thing to do: Tell your self daily: I am in Thailand. I will be more tolerant and patient.

In time you can cross all the issues you can already handle from that list and you will feel good.

good luck

sounds like you are hitting the high points.

You know your in Thailand when you go to the dentist in a hospital and see hundreds of receptionists/nurses that where hired by there looks.

You also know your in Thailand when you want to go to the hospital to mainly pick up.

Anyone been to Yanhee international hospital? I suggest you go if you havent. Fake a neck injury or something

Edited by Underbelly

You know you are in Thailsnd when Thais decided ot get on a escalator and finally the "ride" is over and you bump them at the bottom or top of the stairs cause they have no clue :D what so ever what to do after they get off the escalator!!!! Grrrrrrrr

And you know you are in Thailand when you google Yanhee hospital to see if its close to where you live. :o:D

... but you never see any doggie droppings on the footpath ... and wonder where they end up !!!!!!!!

Peter

You know your in Thailand when you go to the dentist in a hospital and see hundreds of receptionists/nurses that where hired by there looks.

You also know your in Thailand when you want to go to the hospital to mainly pick up.

Anyone been to Yanhee international hospital? I suggest you go if you havent. Fake a neck injury or something

They are only two hospitals that I prefer in Bangkok that attracts me.

1. Yanhee hospital. The ladies there are pretty, young, attractive, really take good care of you. My GF at the time have to stay for a few nights at the time because of a kidney infection. One gets really confused when you see two nurses in short tight uniforms working on your girl. Even the doctor was young a pretty. It like the hospital just hires hundreds of young ladies to just be in the hospital. The hospital isn't the best however.

2. BNH Now this is how a hopsital should be. However I was confused at first if this was a hospital or hotel. I liked it because the doctors speak very good english and some are even Westerners.

Edited by mdechgan