Phetchabun Hotter Than Bangkok

canopy

As my thermometer says it is hitting 99 degrees F in Phetchabun lately, it prompted me to look at historical records on temperature. For the first half of the year, Phetchabun reaches temperatures considerably hotter than Bangkok. Being closer to the pole, I did not expect this. The last half the of the year Phetchabun is usually cooler though insignificantly: just 1 degree or less.

post-63956-1235119876_thumb.png

As my thermometer says it is hitting 99 degrees F in Phetchabun lately, it prompted me to look at historical records on temperature. For the first half of the year, Phetchabun reaches temperatures considerably hotter than Bangkok. Being closer to the pole, I did not expect this. The last half the of the year Phetchabun is usually cooler though insignificantly: just 1 degree or less.

post-63956-1235119876_thumb.png

its further from the sea so experiences more extreme temperatures. closer to the sea and the more constant sea temp tends to moderate air temp.

however, in petchaboon you can get up into the mountains and escape the heat there can't you?

Edited by stevehaigh

Petchabun always has been a hot province! and this year its going to be a scorcher!

The Pa sak river is really low at the moment.

The locals are fairly astute around here! there has been several huge pits excavated for water storage out in the fields in January.

I use the Thai Meteorological departments website for weather info on Petchabun, it covers our Amphur - Wichien Buri plus Lom Sak and Petchabun.

I never knew that folk still used Fahrenheit!!!