Lmg Pacific Comprehensive Family Plan With Expander

antaray

Hello, everyone. I need your advice. 

We are 27 and 33 year old expat couple living in BKK with no serious chronical deseases, do not have a car or m/byke, do not often visit doctors in our home country. We plan to stay in LOS at least a year, so we do not actually need world coverage. But we do plan to visit some Thai islands for snorkelling. 

The problem is there are many homless dogs in our neighbourhood sois and also a 

bit afraid of infections such as hepatitis C, dengue, malaria and so on. (these are my fears).

My agent suggests me LMG Pacific Comprehensive Family Plan with Expander. A year cost is around 10, 000 baht. The details are on their web-site. I did my researches and found their coverage (1, 250 total, no OPD) good for this money, but I am not totally sure.

Is anybody using or used this plan? Or do you know a better variant for 10-12 000 baht?

I will appreciate any information.

Thank you

Alice

I use it for me and my family.

I needed only once to spend a night in hospital, that was at Samitivej Sukhumvit (one of Bangkok top end hospitals), I still had to pay 5 or 6000 THB on top of what the insurance covered.

My daughter had to be hospitalised at Vichaiyut hospital (cheaper private hospital), they covered all expenses.

To be honest, I think I'll stay with LMG but I'll upgrade to a better coverage when I'm due to renew.

After a lot of research I just switched to LMG Mega Max Care (a Thai subsidiary of a large US company Liberty Mutual) from my expensive high $10,000 deductible and 80%/20% copay US BCBS health coverage. By switching, I cut my premium by over 50%.

To lower my premium, I took the following discounts, a 40k baht deductible, limited treatment area and excluded outpatient coverage.