When Is It Okay To Hit Women?

dreaminthai

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only in self defence if she is using a weapon.

Those who are saying "never". Get real.

Agreed..... I had to do it around ten days ago. The weapon she was using were her teeth.

I have a fairly large chunk of flesh missing from my wrist, so I considered a quick slap a reasonable level of force to try and calm her down, which it did...... just using harsh language wouldn't have done it.

However the actions in the OP are way over the top.

Agreed..... I had to do it around ten days ago. The weapon she was using were her teeth.

I have a fairly large chunk of flesh missing from my wrist, so I considered a quick slap a reasonable level of force to try and calm her down, which it did...... just using harsh language wouldn't have done it.

However the actions in the OP are way over the top.

serves you right Thad. why didn't you feed her properly? :o

I think i will wait for Simon to get back with an update,before uttering the evil word (Troll),because it is all very possible to be true.I have never hit a woman,and could not stand by and watch an attack as vicious as this without intervening :o (Not picking on op.)

I have never found myself in a situation where I needed to hit a woman

Hardly surprising considering your sexual orientation.

lol .. yes gay men never ever have spent time around women.

That I haven't spent time with hookers and druggies may be FAR more relevant :o

some gay men a repulsed to even touch a woman , let alone strike her.

sure they can be around them but physical contact makes them stressed.

perhaps you would call this hetrophobia .

Edited by mc2

Obvious you haven't spent time around women as non-hookers can get very violent, too. It's a Thai thing. Not a class thing.

As you don't live with a woman, or, chase women, your exposure is far more limited than heteros.

Don't believe me? Check out the Thai soap operas where Hi-so girls are always losing it.

Dunno if it is art imitating life, or, the other way round.

Edited by Sir Burr

Obvious you haven't spent time around women as non-hookers can get very violent, too. It's a Thai thing. Not a class thing.

As you don't live with a woman, or, chase women, your exposure is far more limited than heteros.

Ahhh... You obviously don't have any gay friends do you Sir Burr? My brother is gay and if I had half the women he has hanging off him when I was his age I would have been one happy hetero!

All the gay men I know are like women magnets so I'm not sure where you are coming from.

Don't believe me? Check out the Thai soap operas where Hi-so girls are always losing it.

Dunno if it is art imitating life, or, the other way round.

Neither men or women hit people they respect, regardless of the circumstances.

No idea what was happening here, but it's v suspicious if the locals weren't getting involved as a previous poster had pointed out.

Ahhh... You obviously don't have any gay friends do you Sir Burr? My brother is gay and if I had half the women he has hanging off him when I was his age I would have been one happy hetero!

All the gay men I know are like women magnets so I'm not sure where you are coming from.

Yes but there isnt quite the same emotional attachment / jealousy / insanity issues tho is there ??

And it isnt just hookers.. Thais in general seem to have anger management issues.. There also the lost face thing farangs seem to trigger in them sometimes..

How many times do we have to read about someone getting shot over trivial face issues.. And the killer makes no thought for the consequence of thier actions or the life in jail they are now going to suffer.. One down here was where a drunk guy reffered to a guy in a service station with the 'mung' title.. The other guy (100% sober) went home got a knife and came back and killed him, then was caught.. A life in jail because because someone didnt give refer to him with the polite term.

Yes but there isnt quite the same emotional attachment / jealousy / insanity issues tho is there ??

So what do you make of the fact most violence is male on male? We're all a bunch of closet gays?

So what do you make of the fact most violence is male on male? We're all a bunch of closet gays?

So now I cant hit a guy thats attacking me either ??

Of course men on men violence happens.. But no one says I cant try to knock someone teeth out if hes trying to do the same to me.. Yet if a woman attacks, even when armed then its a sin to defend yourself ??

But male on male violence stems more from (alcohol) tribal battles like footy fights, and mens general agro side.. Men generally fight men they dont know well or for a specific understood reason.

Male female violence is far less random, happens far more between people with emotional bonds.. In couples.. In relationships..

When was the last time you had a 'what you <deleted> looking at' scene with a woman ??

So now I cant hit a guy thats attacking me either ??

Of course men on men violence happens.. But no one says I cant try to knock someone teeth out if hes trying to do the same to me.. Yet if a woman attacks, even when armed then its a sin to defend yourself ??

But male on male violence stems more from (alcohol) tribal battles like footy fights, and mens general agro side.. Men generally fight men they dont know well or for a specific understood reason.

Male female violence is far less random, happens far more between people with emotional bonds.. In couples.. In relationships..

When was the last time you had a 'what you <deleted> looking at' scene with a woman ??

I hear what you are saying. However I believe violent situations can always be avoided with people you know (unless there is mental instability). Violent outcomes are a direct result of your actions. Surely hitting a woman (or anyone) you know is the result of a series of wrong actions.

And a 'what the <deleted> you looking at' situation with a women or a man. A very long time ago. I've been a passivist for near on ten years and find if you know what course of action you will take ahead of time violent situations do not occur... Unless it's a random crazy..

LOL

So Sir Burr .... how many women have you hit since you say it is so common?

Soap Operas? WOW!! Now I should gauge life by Thai soap operas! Do the men in those soap operas hit the women back?

Obviously Sir Burr has no clue about how decent people behave and tends to hang out with people with emotional issues :D

Nuclear Weapons, anyone?

It's about "domestic issues", about hitting someone, not about self defense, not about being mugged or physically attacked!

Soap Operas? WOW!! Now I should gauge life by Thai soap operas! Do the men in those soap operas hit the women back?

Obviously Sir Burr has no clue about how decent people behave and tends to hang out with people with emotional issues :o

Obviously you don't understand what I'm trying to say and I certainly can't explain it any better.

Last time I hit a female, was when I was ten. My excuse was, that I thought it was a boy.

Nuclear Weapons, anyone?

It's about "domestic issues", about hitting someone, not about self defense, not about being mugged or physically attacked!

What are you babbling about?

The OP title is when is it OK to hit a woman. I (and others) have said in self defense, if they have a weapon.

It's ALL about self defense.

Obviously Sir Burr has no clue about how decent people behave and tends to hang out with people with emotional issues :D

Obviously you don't understand what I'm trying to say and I certainly can't explain it any better.

Last time I hit a female, was when I was ten. My excuse was, that I thought it was a boy.

So

Your reasoning above is all shot to crap (regarding my sexual orientation -- unless yours coincides with mine :o since you have not found a 'need' or 'excuse' to hit a woman either (and likely in FAR more years than me :D

Now ---- will some guys in here get themselves into stupid situations that they don't know how to de-escalate without hitting? Probably. They will most likely be the guys in intergenerational relationships with people they cannot manage more than rudimentary communication. (easily avoidable by adult decent people!)

So

Your reasoning above is all shot to crap (regarding my sexual orientation -- unless yours coincides with mine :o since you have not found a 'need' or 'excuse' to hit a woman either (and likely in FAR more years than me :D

Now ---- will some guys in here get themselves into stupid situations that they don't know how to de-escalate without hitting? Probably. They will most likely be the guys in intergenerational relationships with people they cannot manage more than rudimentary communication. (easily avoidable by adult decent people!)

Your logic is faulty.

I have been fortunate enough never to have found myself in such a situation that would require me to hit a woman, BUT, if a woman tried to attack me with a knife, broken bottle etc, yes, I would use violence. However much it would require so that I wasn't harmed.

I don't have any experience with Thai gay males, but, I do know that Thai women can be extremely jealous and totally irrational. This can explode into violence very suddenly. I've seen it in real life. I have seen more Thai women attack men than the other way round, but, that's just what I have seen.

Domestic violence is endemic in Thailand, usually with the female on the receiving end, but, violence against men by women isn't unknown.

Ever heard of a "Thai Haircut"?

It's no coincidence that Thai surgeons are the worlds best at reattaching male appendages.

Edited by Sir Burr

So

Your logic is faulty.

I have been fortunate enough never to have found myself in such a situation that would require me to hit a woman, BUT, if a woman tried to attack me with a knife, broken bottle etc, yes, I would use violence. However much it would require so that I wasn't harmed.

I don't have any experience with Thai gay males, but, I do know that Thai women can be extremely jealous and totally irrational. This can explode into violence very suddenly. I've seen it in real life. I have seen more Thai women attack men than the other way round, but, that's just what I have seen.

Domestic violence is endemic in Thailand, usually with the female on the receiving end, but, violence against men by women isn't unknown.

Ever heard of a "Thai Haircut"?

It's no coincidence that Thai surgeons are the worlds best at reattaching male appendages.

So, you keep saying it is so common (and that you are ever so hetero) and yet .... no experience?

Why? Probably because you aren't an idiot. (eeeks did I say that?) Adult decent people just don't get into those situations ...

All people can be jealous and I have been all over and in many situations and like you have never found it necessary to hit a woman (or another gay male). Why? Not being stupid? Not getting involved with crazy people? Do you think it is worse here or in Central America? (hel_l ... or Alabama for that matter!)

So far there's been the guy that was bitten (with no other info) and our friendly "TexasRanger" that admit to striking women. One did it in the course of 'working' and I assume that means as a peace officer. The other? ....

Brains and decency goes a long long way :D

Seems to be that was your JOB. As for it being justification, possibly but just as likely was that you failed to control the situation without allowing it to escalate.

I think I did a pretty good job that night and many others, no one died and no one was stabbed (least of all me), thats what i call a good resullt and a good part of that was because I clumped that woman. I have worked with some women that would take the head off of a lot of men i know, gender doesn't give you carte blanche to attack people without consequence.

Some people live in a fairy tale world where men don't hit women and people won't hurt you for no good reason. Reality check, this is a lovely world we live in and it has it's fair share of sick individuals both male and female and while there is no real justification for unprovoked violence, sometimes violence IS the only answer.

A woman smashed a beer bottle over my mates head (while her and her balloon chaser boyfriend crashed a bar party I had put the food on for) and then went to stab my mate with the remains..

I am not ashamed to say I disarmed her and knocked her flat on her arse with a push and open hand.. her boyfriend was ejected from the bar and she was doing the usual 'I am Thai.. I kill you' <deleted> in the street having to be restrained.. Luckily we knew the MB taxis well enough who came over and meant we didnt need to do any more.. The boyfriend realised he would get a stomping if he wanted to have a ruck as an uninvited gueast when the rest of the bar were all close and was sensibly willing to leave, she was the one who stood in the road in a freaking rage..

Now with a crazy bar girl.. Smashing bottles on peoples heads.. Trying to stab people.. Doing the usual Thai 'I kill you' routine.. what would you suggest.. I wai her ?? Ask her nicely to leave ??

Thing is when a man swings a punch he knows he is going to fight, and the end result of most male fights is real damage and a trip to hospital for someone.. Women do it safe in the knowledge that even if they get restrained or pushed they are unlikely to have their nose or jaw broken as most of us are good guys hence many can and do play up to that.

Druken farang explains it all. Should be banned from Thailand forever.

However it is Thai custom not to get involved if there is an arguement between a couple. Husband and wife thing, etc.

many countries have 'customs' that are not moral. doesn't necessarily make them right.....

I stand by my opinion.

If you are being attacked by a woman with a weapon I would use force. Jdinasia, are you saying you wouldn't?

Yes, or, no?

LOL .. but your opinion is 100% at odds with your stated experience versus your stated observations/beliefs.

No .. I'd run away :o