Visa Extention

:D This is my fourth year extension. Don't know why, or how I did it, but I got my dates crossed and was three days late.

Not a word was said, at Jomtien Immigration, and after about a fifteen minute wait, in the que, I was out of there in less than twenty minutes, and came back the next day, after one pm, to pick up my passport with another year stamped in it. I didn't even pick it up, my wife picked it up on the way home from class. Just couldn't have been any easier.

I did make one mistake though. My wife had to go next door to the "copy place" to get a copy of my passport page with the last entry when we came back from a 3-day visit to Malaysia in 2007.

For the NEWBIES.......you need:

Passport, and copies of the first page, the visa page, your last entry page, and your entry card, (the one you filled out on the airline on the last leg of your flight). (Stapled in your passport)

Your bankbook, showing at least 800,000 baht in your acct., and copies of the first, identification page, and the last page.

A letter from bank branch which holds your account, certifying your account, and the amount must match your passbook.

If you are using monthly income to qualify for the extension, then you need a letter from your embassy certifying income.

If you are using a combination of income and bank acct., then you need both the bank letter and the embassy letter.

Completed form "TM-7". You can pick one up at the immigration office, or download one here, if you have a printer.

ONE photograph, passport size.

Nineteen hundred baht, (1,900 bt.), for the extension.

I paid 100 baht for the letter from Bangkok Bank branch, at Carrefour, on Central Pattaya Road.

All the above information applies to a non-immigrant, "O", (NI-O) visa, one year extension for the purpose of retirement. Be aware that other rules apply for other types of visas.

There is a "copy shop" right next door to the Immigration Office in Jomtien, (about 30 meters), which will make copies of anything you missed, and also takes passport photos, all at very modest prices.

Good Luck.......and enjoy your life in Thailand..... :o

:D This is my fourth year extension. Don't know why, or how I did it, but I got my dates crossed and was three days late.

Not a word was said, at Jomtien Immigration, and after about a fifteen minute wait, in the que, I was out of there in less than twenty minutes, and came back the next day, after one pm, to pick up my passport with another year stamped in it. I didn't even pick it up, my wife picked it up on the way home from class. Just couldn't have been any easier.

I did make one mistake though. My wife had to go next door to the "copy place" to get a copy of my passport page with the last entry when we came back from a 3-day visit to Malaysia in 2007.

For the NEWBIES.......you need:

Passport, and copies of the first page, the visa page, your last entry page, and your entry card, (the one you filled out on the airline on the last leg of your flight). (Stapled in your passport)

Your bankbook, showing at least 800,000 baht in your acct., and copies of the first, identification page, and the last page.

A letter from bank branch which holds your account, certifying your account, and the amount must match your passbook.

If you are using monthly income to qualify for the extension, then you need a letter from your embassy certifying income.

If you are using a combination of income and bank acct., then you need both the bank letter and the embassy letter.

Completed form "TM-7". You can pick one up at the immigration office, or download one here, if you have a printer.

ONE photograph, passport size.

Nineteen hundred baht, (1,900 bt.), for the extension.

I paid 100 baht for the letter from Bangkok Bank branch, at Carrefour, on Central Pattaya Road.

All the above information applies to a non-immigrant, "O", (NI-O) visa, one year extension for the purpose of retirement. Be aware that other rules apply for other types of visas.

There is a "copy shop" right next door to the Immigration Office in Jomtien, (about 30 meters), which will make copies of anything you missed, and also takes passport photos, all at very modest prices.

Good Luck.......and enjoy your life in Thailand..... :o

And, as long as you're at Immigration, best to go ahead and get at least a single Re-entry permit for baht 1,000. That'll cover you in case something unforeseen comes up and you need to depart the LoS. A multiple Re-Entry runs baht 3,800.

Mac