Prime Rib

Bel Mondo

There are many good British restaurants in Pattaya serving a Sunday brunch featuring "British" style "roast beef".

What I am looking for is the American style "Prime Rib" -- the kind of meat that is served on a cart and cut to your preference -- 2 or 3 inches in width for a rare or medium rare cut or an end cut............

Tried to get this in Bangkok at both the well known steak houses -- I was very disappointed and paid a lot of money for the dinner!!!!

So we have Manhattans Steak House , Bruno's, Casa Pascal, Mantra, El Toro, Cafe New Orleans, Amors, Royal Cliff, Dusit, etc., etc, ---

Is there any place here that serves a "San Francisco" or "Las Vegas" Prime Rib?

Thanks for your suggestions...........

I doubt they have a cart and I don't know if it is good, but there is an American oriented food place that does a prime rib special dinner weekly for about 500 baht. They also sometimes have the meat cheaper on other days. Not sure about the exact day of the special dinner (sat or sunday?), but the place is called Rich Man Poor Man on Soi 9, Beach Road, Jomtien. Its just a guesthouse restaurant but it does have some character (and some characters as well). Their normal quite decent specials are between 100 and 200 baht so who knows, if they are going for 500B, it might even be good.

Edited by Jingthing

There are many good British restaurants in Pattaya serving a Sunday brunch featuring "British" style "roast beef".

What I am looking for is the American style "Prime Rib" -- the kind of meat that is served on a cart and cut to your preference -- 2 or 3 inches in width for a rare or medium rare cut or an end cut............

Tried to get this in Bangkok at both the well known steak houses -- I was very disappointed and paid a lot of money for the dinner!!!!

So we have Manhattans Steak House , Bruno's, Casa Pascal, Mantra, El Toro, Cafe New Orleans, Amors, Royal Cliff, Dusit, etc., etc, ---

:o

Have you tried the All American BBQ Rib Co on Threprasit Road, Its about 1km up the road on the right travelling from Jomtien.

They do smoked American ribs and good steaks but they are a bit pricey.NB they don't do Thai food if you take your girlfriend/wife.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the Richman - Poorman Restaurant?

Also -- can you provide a contact number?

I called Manhattans Steak House and spoke to the chef.

He indicated they do have a version of prime rib.

Unfortunately, due to import restrictions regarding beef on the bone (mad-cow disease prohibitions), the only way they can cook the prime rib is on an individual portion basis -- but cut to your preference (2, 3 or more inches thick).

Cost anywhere from 1,500 Baht upwards --- which is reasonable.

Has anyone tried the Prime Rib at Manhattans?

Its just a VERY casual guesthouse restaurant. Seems to attract a crowd of loud Americans. No, I am not saying all Americans are loud, just describing the crowd there.

They are right at the beach road, Soi 9, Jomtien

http://www.rmpm-guesthouse.com/guesthouse.html

I think their prime rib dinner is 500 baht and not served everday, probably on Sundays (?).