Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

So Beahchbum did you get it? There was a nice black n in there today that already had a deopsit on it just waiting to get picked up, and also a bronze one yet unclaimed.

And I confiremed, the deposit is 50,000, not 5,000 as I thought I was previously told and previosly posted in here somewhere. by the sales dude.

Same salesdude said he isn't sure but the f is expected to be 20,000 baht more, so that puts it around 245,000. Let's hope. ETA July 21st, but that is not 100% either.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Beahchbum did you get it? There was a nice black n in there today that already had a deopsit on it just waiting to get picked up, and also a bronze one yet unclaimed.

And I confiremed, the deposit is 50,000, not 5,000 as I thought I was previously told and previosly posted in here somewhere. by the sales dude.

Same salesdude said he isn't sure but the f is expected to be 20,000 baht more, so that puts it around 245,000. Let's hope. ETA July 21st, but that is not 100% either.

ETA July 21st? Last I heard the original launch date was in October, and that it already got pushed back to November. But I read it on the internets, so could be bull.

Hi Scuba

Iv tried to get used to the looks of n, but decided to wait for a f, in blue, July 20th. Going to town today to service my yammy, and will check again on delivery f. But really dont expect anything before september/october. Clear sky today, so I wish....but I can wait, I guess

LOL- TiT :)

I can not repeat here what I just heard about the owner of the Phuket Kawasaki dealer as I've no doubt it would lead to a slander charge. :D

Suffice to say that those of you who have put down 50k Baht for the ER6f in Phuket are being promised impossible delivery dates for bikes that you can reserve elsewhere for only 10k Baht down.

I'm number one on the list in Bangkok for a green ER6f, final price still not set in stone, but guaranteed not to exceed 280k. Implied that final price will come down some but the sales staff can't make any promises as the final price has not yet been determined by management.

Delivery date not set- could be as late as October but said they'd try their best to get me one earlier. Implied that perhaps late August delivery might be possible.

Happy Trails!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scuba

Iv tried to get used to the looks of n, but decided to wait for a f, in blue, July 20th. Going to town today to service my yammy, and will check again on delivery f. But really dont expect anything before september/october. Clear sky today, so I wish....but I can wait, I guess

Ah we are competitors for the same bike! I am still leaning towards the Candy Plasma Blue, but Tony's Lime Green is starting to grow on me. (wait, that didn't come out right!) :) We'll see who gets it first...by that I mean which day in November. lol

LOL- TiT :)

I can not repeat here what I just heard about the owner of the Phuket Kawasaki dealer as I've no doubt it would lead to a slander charge. :D

Remember Tony, as I had to explain to the shop in Chang Mai I bought my CBR from, it's only slander if it's not true. :D

Edited by Scubabuddha

So Tony, are you going to stick with your same exhaust or change to a different make??

Those Er6f's sure do look sweet. Will look even sweeter with a few mods.

Hi Neverdie,

I've been very happy with the Two Bros on my ER6n and may well use the same pipe on the ER6f. Some other pipes I'd like to try are Arrow, Akrapovich and Ixil... Decisions decisions :)

^^ Okay thanks for that Tony. Ohh well, if someone comes along and wants to give you good coin for the n when your ready to sell, you could sample another brand of pipe, i guess, if not then at least you have the one from the n to slip over to the new bike. Interestingly, have you spoken to your mates at the bike shop about a trade? (easy way out, not the best).

^^ Okay thanks for that Tony. Ohh well, if someone comes along and wants to give you good coin for the n when your ready to sell, you could sample another brand of pipe, i guess, if not then at least you have the one from the n to slip over to the new bike. Interestingly, have you spoken to your mates at the bike shop about a trade? (easy way out, not the best).

Hiya Tim,

Kawasaki Rama 9 doesn't do trades. No worries.

I stopped by Kawasaki Rama 9 today to check on the estimated delivery date of the ER6f and Khun Chan said it may not arrive until October... :D Thank goodness I've got the 'n' to hold me over until then :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

ER6f and Khun Chan said it may not arrive until October

Sheeeeeeet. I can't wait that long!!!!

Bet yer wishin' you hadn't sold your CBR, huh? :)

Actually, it's not so bad because the guy is paying in installments, with delivery on September 30th. I get to keep till then :D

I saw a black ER6 at Tesco in Chonburi about a week ago. My wife spotted it in the car park, she said "look at the bike, swai". We walked right up and checked it out. Looks really nice, too bad I can't afford it.

hey tony i noticed on some of the er6f's the shocks are painted the same colour as the bike and i reckn that looks really good, are they able to do that with the 'n' if ask them when order the bike, do you know?

So I figure I'll want to get an aftermarket exhaust when I get the ER-6f.

Any thoughts on which one to go for? Two Bros is popular, but should I get aluminum, steel, titanium, or carbon? What are the benefits/drawbacks of each, apart from price? What would you go for?

I don't know if I can hold out much longer. November?

Whaaaaaa... :)

I did my bi weekly (or is it semi-monthly?) check in with my local dealer. Now they say 3 months. :D

But it's Phuket so take it with a grain of salt. I don't really care just so I can ride it to MotoGP at Sepang Oct 25th.

So I figure I'll want to get an aftermarket exhaust when I get the ER-6f.

Any thoughts on which one to go for? Two Bros is popular, but should I get aluminum, steel, titanium, or carbon? What are the benefits/drawbacks of each, apart from price? What would you go for?

The Two Bros pipe is excellent, but there are certainly many others worth looking at.

LeoVince- ER6LeoVince650RGP.jpg

Micron- ER-6nCustomScreen3.jpg

Devil- ER6nDevilPipe.jpg

Scorpion- ER6Scorpion650r.jpg

Muzzy- ER6Muzzy650R.jpg

I'm considering an Arrow for my ER6f as it's received excellent reviews- ER6_arrow.jpg

A friend has an Akrapovich on his ER6n. Sounds great but it's an unusually large diameter pipe and interferes with the rear brake pedal... ER6nAkrapovic.JPG

The Ixil pipe is stunning but quite difficult to source- ER6Ixil.jpg

As far as material- the Two Bros is available in Aluminum, Carbon Fiber and Titanium. I don't think there's much difference in weight but there's a big difference in price.

ER6TwoBrosCF.jpg

Carbon Fiber looks great, but on a bike like the ER6 where the pipe is under the bike I opted for the cheaper aluminum can since you can't really see it anyway. :) (Carbon Fiber and Titanium are both about $100 more than Aluminum)

I have two new Two Brother Slip-On V.A.L.E.™ Exhaust Systems on the way and they should arrive Bangkok in a couple of weeks. I think Scubabuddha wants one, the other is not yet spoken for so send me a PM if intereted. Price has gone up slightly to 15,500 Baht. (This pipe retails in Thailand for 19,900 Baht at Red Baron and more elsewhere.) I'll post an ad in the ThaiVisa classifieds once the pipes arrive.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Thanks a lot Tony, that was a great overview! I've listened to the Scorpion on YouTube and it sounds great, too. I'll check up on the Arrow reviews. Is there any particularly good website for that kind of review, or did you just google it?

As for your spare Two Bros... Thanks for the offer, but I think it's best to get the bike first :)

I don't know if I can hold out much longer. November?

Whaaaaaa... :D

I did my bi weekly (or is it semi-monthly?) check in with my local dealer. Now they say 3 months. :D

But it's Phuket so take it with a grain of salt. I don't really care just so I can ride it to MotoGP at Sepang Oct 25th.

yeahh, 3 weeks before expected delivery they change to 3 months :D No wonder they want 50k deposit :D

Sun is shining this morning, and my only bike presently is a Nouvo. :)