Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

The Honda guy just told me we are Honda so no problem, I said you got a problem because you got no big bikes and every one is buying the Kawa and the Yamaha, he said when we sell they will buy Honda......again <deleted>.

Thing is.. Here hes probably right !!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Agree with both of you- the old ER6f had analog speedo and tach which looked great. Not sure why so many manufacturers are going for digital... Oh well. It actually does look pretty good when it's fired up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP3BLxyox_U

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony

The display looks a bit odd but i am sure you will get use to it - are you still going to get one!!!

Cheers kev

^ Agree with both of you- the old ER6f had analog speedo and tach which looked great. Not sure why so many manufacturers are going for digital... Oh well. It actually does look pretty good when it's fired up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP3BLxyox_U

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony

The display looks a bit odd but i am sure you will get use to it - are you still going to get one!!!

Cheers kev

Of course I'm still gonna get one! The display isn't great but personally I don't find it any better or worse than what's on the ER6n. (Took me a while to get used to the digital tack on the ER6n, but now it's all good :o ) Happy Trails! Tony

But its not just the LCD part.. Its the acre or so of plastic surrounding it..

I know the fairings useful.. But I see the N as a much more visually appealing machine..

Heh heh- well- room for speakers and an MP3 player perhaps :o

040509ER6fDash.jpg

I have no doubt that folks will get quite creative with all of that empty real estate in the cockpit. I think that like the ER6n the ER6f is lacking a temp guage, so nice to see there's plenty of space to add that. I bet you could make some little storage 'bins' to the left and right of the digital panel for phone/smokes/etc. as it's just empty space behind all of that plastic.

The Honda guy just told me we are Honda so no problem, I said you got a problem because you got no big bikes and every one is buying the Kawa and the Yamaha, he said when we sell they will buy Honda......again <deleted>.

Maybe he is right, but with these prices they are never going to stop the ( grey ) imported bikes. :o

Maybe he is right, but with these prices they are never going to stop the ( grey ) imported bikes. :o

Sure- the grey market will always exist, but with recent crackdowns all over the country owning and riding a grey market import is becoming a riskier proposition.

And with legal distributors like Yamaha and Kawasaki, and legal importers like Red Baron and others, I'm not sure why folks would still choose to deal with the risk and expense of grey market imports...

Suzuki and Honda are the only Japanese manufacturers that still haven't entered the Big Bike market here in Thailand. Honda is building a Big Bike showroom in Bangkok but has temporarily delayed the opening until economic conditions improve.

Plenty of non-Japanese legal bikes available from Triumph, BMW, Ducati and HD too!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sure- the grey market will always exist, but with recent crackdowns all over the country owning and riding a grey market import is becoming a riskier proposition.

And with legal distributors like Yamaha and Kawasaki, and legal importers like Red Baron and others, I'm not sure why folks would still choose to deal with the risk and expense of grey market imports...

Suzuki and Honda are the only Japanese manufacturers that still haven't entered the Big Bike market here in Thailand. Honda is building a Big Bike showroom in Bangkok but has temporarily delayed the opening until economic conditions improve.

Plenty of non-Japanese legal bikes available from Triumph, BMW, Ducati and HD too!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Tony, I went to the motor show last week and if you want a ( legal ) cruiser in Thailand you have to be rich. Suzuki wants 500.000 for an 800cc Intruder and that is just too much. I know the Vulcan is a bit cheaper but still expensive.

Ps. Enjoy the bike week in Phuket. :D

^ Well...

If ya can't afford an Intruder or a Vulcan and cruisers are you thing you can always get a Phantom! iconmotard2ka6.gif

The ER6n is a screaming deal at only 225,000 Baht- that's LESS than US MSRP price!

You are right the ER6n is a good deal but not my style. I will keep on riding my ( grey ) :o Dragstar. It is not a question of what i can afford or not, but there is no way i am going to pay these prices.

I can't wait!

Me neither! I'm considering one as a Christmas present, to me of course. I really like the looks of this blue one at the motor show.

Is there any reason to suspect they wouldn't have ABS like this green one?

They still look narrow from the saddle even with all the plastic.

Part of me still thinks flying through the air would be fun though, and the KLX250 looks great.

Enjoy the pictures! :o

According to the sales staff at Kawasaki Rama 9 even though Kawasaki makes ABS and non ABS versions, here in Thailand they plan to offer only the ER6f with ABS. Personally I think ABS is a great feature for greasy Thai roads but some folks don't like it. If you don't want ABS you'll have to remove it yourself, which is actually quite easy to do. The ER6n is normally available in ABS and non ABS versions too, but here in Thailand the ER6n ABS is not available. Go figure, huh?

If there are folks who remove the ABS from their ER6f's I'm sure there are some ER6n owners who will be happy to purchase the ABS as it's a pretty easy swap.

Happy Trails!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
I love this bike (for that price.) So does anyone know is the f available in Thailand yet?

Sorry I skimmed through the thread and couldn't find answer.

SB

ER6f ABS should be available in September for about 280,000 Baht

Happy Trails!

Tony

I love this bike (for that price.) So does anyone know is the f available in Thailand yet?

SB

Happy Trails!

Tony

wow! serious bang for your buck! 280k is a great deal.

SB

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Is the ABS going to be standard on the f then? I thought they made it an option. Different for Thailand market maybe?

I hate the fact that I want this bike because as I understand it, Kawasaki Thailand, and this bike specifically, is the reason why DMV is asking me to pay 14k baht to register my 1993 CBR400R. Of course nothing was mentioned about that when I bought it from a supposed reputable dealer in Chang Mai. In fact they promised specifically that wouldn't happen. Oh well. 250-280k when compared to 600k for equivelent Jap made bike, I have to admit it's hard to pass up. I'm just not ready to go naked yet. I love the sportbike look to much.

^ Well, in some ways you should feel fortunate that you can register your old CBR. A lot of the older bikes in Thailand no longer have import papers and tax invoices or have other 'issues' that make them un-registrable.

I'll be getting the ER6f in Green, which everyone knows is the fastest color :D:D:)

:D:D:D

kawasaki_er6f_2009.jpg

^ Well, in some ways you should feel fortunate that you can register your old CBR. A lot of the older bikes in Thailand no longer have import papers and tax invoices or have other 'issues' that make them un-registrable.

There 'un-registrable' and 'un-registrable' tho :)

And 14k is just a weird enough number that I wonder... Is this is a customs Page 18 issue ?? Cos a registration would be a fair chunk more..

There 'un-registrable' and 'un-registrable' tho :)

And 14k is just a weird enough number that I wonder... Is this is a customs Page 18 issue ?? Cos a registration would be a fair chunk more..

Yeah I don't know. It's the number my Mr. fix-it guy came back with, along with a very nebulous explanation about being a jap bike, and something about engine number being different than the frame, which, of course, they are supposed to be. I was planning on having another Mr. Fixit try.