Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

^ Well, in some ways you should feel fortunate that you can register your old CBR. A lot of the older bikes in Thailand no longer have import papers and tax invoices or have other 'issues' that make them un-registrable.

I'll be getting the ER6f in Green, which everyone knows is the fastest color :D:D:)

:D:D:D

kawasaki_er6f_2009.jpg

How do you get the photo to be big like that? Mine came out a thumb.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuba. your fixit guy means. the engine has been swapped out so that the engine number and frame number do not correspond. it sounds like you have 'green book' but that you are doing a transfer into your name. am i correct?

Allan

Scuba. your fixit guy means. the engine has been swapped out so that the engine number and frame number do not correspond. it sounds like you have 'green book' but that you are doing a transfer into your name. am i correct?

Allan

Hi Allen,

Yes thats right I have a green book.

When I checked the frame and engine numbers, they both fit within the range for NC29's for 1993, so how do they know they are swapped? They have lists from manufacturer or something?

Sorry getting OT.

Thanks

Different on the existing green book. if you have the import document for the engine or a reciept with the importers stamp then it cost's about 1,000b to change /transfer. If not then i presume either a back hander is being paid OR a tax payment to customs. and yes the er6f is the ninja 650 in the US of A

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

This red Ninja looks almost identical to the ER6f. Is it branded different in different markets or something?

Only a few minor differences between the North American Ninja 650R and the ER6f. Identical frames and engines, so essentially the same bikes.

Biggest difference is that ABS is not available on the Ninja 650R.

Next obvious difference is that the Ninja 650R doesn't have the aluminum grab bars that the ER6's do.

Understand that there are some minor differences with signal lights and emissions which have to do only with the different rules in different countries.

Happy Trails!

GreenER6f2009.JPG

^ Well, in some ways you should feel fortunate that you can register your old CBR. A lot of the older bikes in Thailand no longer have import papers and tax invoices or have other 'issues' that make them un-registrable.

There 'un-registrable' and 'un-registrable' tho :)

And 14k is just a weird enough number that I wonder... Is this is a customs Page 18 issue ?? Cos a registration would be a fair chunk more..

Yeah I don't know. It's the number my Mr. fix-it guy came back with, along with a very nebulous explanation about being a jap bike, and something about engine number being different than the frame, which, of course, they are supposed to be. I was planning on having another Mr. Fixit try.

You have a book and plate ??

If so I suspect its got an engine that has no history (import tax / invoice) put in it and thats the tax on the engine (which seems high to me)..

Books are a total mystery.. the more I learn, the more I find you can simply never know.. Theres always something more, something different, in a different province..

Allan

Hi Allen,

Yes thats right I have a green book.

When I checked the frame and engine numbers, they both fit within the range for NC29's for 1993, so how do they know they are swapped? They have lists from manufacturer or something?

Sorry getting OT.

Thanks

Its probably the engine in the bike doesnt match the engine number in the book.. Someones done a swap and used a non tax paid engine..

There 'un-registrable' and 'un-registrable' tho :)

And 14k is just a weird enough number that I wonder... Is this is a customs Page 18 issue ?? Cos a registration would be a fair chunk more..

Yeah I don't know. It's the number my Mr. fix-it guy came back with, along with a very nebulous explanation about being a jap bike, and something about engine number being different than the frame, which, of course, they are supposed to be. I was planning on having another Mr. Fixit try.

You have a book and plate ??

If so I suspect its got an engine that has no history (import tax / invoice) put in it and thats the tax on the engine (which seems high to me)..

Books are a total mystery.. the more I learn, the more I find you can simply never know.. Theres always something more, something different, in a different province..

Yes I have book and plate. Your explanation makes as much sense as any.

I've checked and the book matches the numbers on the bike.

BigBikeBKK, yeah I noticed the passenger handles are absent on the Ninja. Didn't realize it was the same bike until I saw the pictures. I'm glad they dropped the Ninja name here, I've always thought that was a bit campy.

My next and last question is, is the E6f available in Thailand in red or just the black, blue and "fastest color" Kawi green?

Thanks,

SB

BigBikeBKK, yeah I noticed the passenger handles are absent on the Ninja. Didn't realize it was the same bike until I saw the pictures. I'm glad they dropped the Ninja name here, I've always thought that was a bit campy.

My next and last question is, is the E6f available in Thailand in red or just the black, blue and "fastest color" Kawi green?

Thanks,

SB

Hiya SB,

The ER6f comes in 3 colors. It will be available in Thailand in the Green shown above (which is not Kawasaki Green, but a slightly darker shade they are calling "Lime Green")

The other color will be "Plasma Blue":

2009ER6fBlue2.jpg

The ER6f is also made in Diablo Black but apparently that color will not be sold in Thailand.

Happy Trails!

Tony

If the book matches both engine and frame.. Then we are once again into weird territory.. Have a look at the page 18 info and see if it has taxes paid on the bike as import as parts and see if the same frame and engine numbers are listed.

14k sounds high to fix that.. Even if it needs engine taxes paid that seems high for a second hand imported engine.

Good luck

EDIT :: It just clicked.. Your on Phuket are you not ?? Suddenly everything is becoming clear.. The most unfriendly big bike province in the country strikes again !!

Edited by LivinLOS

If the book matches both engine and frame.. Then we are once again into weird territory.. Have a look at the page 18 info and see if it has taxes paid on the bike as import as parts and see if the same frame and engine numbers are listed.

14k sounds high to fix that.. Even if it needs engine taxes paid that seems high for a second hand imported engine.

Good luck

EDIT :: It just clicked.. Your on Phuket are you not ?? Suddenly everything is becoming clear.. The most unfriendly big bike province in the country strikes again !!

Lol yes. Thanks for the info LILOS.

Hi Scuba, try Dropshots.com which is free picture hosting.

Thx. I used imagevenue but I think I can only get clickable thumbs with them.

I am well sold on flickr..

And PM replied to.. Depending on weather maybe a few lads are meeting up to watch the motoGP.. Maybe come and chat..

• 3 weeks later...

I went to a Kawi dealer in Phuket Town today and got price qoute for E6R-n at 225k and E6R-f 235k. I was surprised because I had heard it was 280k for the f. A 5k baht deposit gets you an ER6-n in 10 days, and the f will be here in September, so he says.

I went to a Kawi dealer in Phuket Town today and got price qoute for E6R-n at 225k and E6R-f 235k. I was surprised because I had heard it was 280k for the f. A 5k baht deposit gets you an ER6-n in 10 days, and the f will be here in September, so he says.

Ah- wouldn't that be a treat! 280,000 Baht is the price Kawasaki announced at the Bangkok Motor Show.

If you'll recall Kawasaki had initially spread the word back in 2008 that the ER6n would sell for around ~280K Baht, and it was a wonderful surprise when they launched it instead for only 225K. Here's hoping they do the same with the ER6f.

To be honest, 235K for an ER6f with ABS sounds impossibly cheap...

Happy Trails!

040509ER6f.jpg

Would love to see it..

But I will say that in talking to him a few times hes been, well, a little optimistic.. About a few things..

But for Tonys sake :) still keep my fingers crossed.

but about in keeping with the price difference around the world. The F is only 500 pound more in the Uk. so a little cheaper here in LOS at 235,000. as you all say hopefully

Edited by thaicbr

but about in keeping with the price difference around the world. The F is only 500 pound more in the Uk. so a little cheaper here in LOS at 235,000. as you all say hopefully

^ Is that UK price with or without ABS Allan? So far Kawasaki has said they'll only sell the ABS version here in Thailand...

The US version, called a Ninja 650R doesn't have the ABS option and retails for $6799 MSRP, or about 231,xxx Baht.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Would love to see it..

But I will say that in talking to him a few times hes been, well, a little optimistic.. About a few things..

Please help me! Where is the Kawa dealer in Phuket? Iv been fooling around with bigbikes funny books, and can now get a machine like this for 225k in 10 days all legal. Im off to the dealer as soon as I know where it is :D

Would love to see it..

Please help me! Where is the Kawa dealer in Phuket? Iv been fooling around with bigbikes funny books, and can now get a machine like this for 225k in 10 days all legal. Im off to the dealer as soon as I know where it is :D

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...009656&z=17

Easy to find.. Montri rd, heading to the prison, on the left hand side..

You will be the 3rd person locally who I personally know, these things are selling like hot cakes..

Once you get it, we can organize some rides from the island around the south, as now theres more riders on 'non cruiser' bikes..

Edited by LivinLOS

Would love to see it..

But for Tonys sake :D still keep my fingers crossed.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...009656&z=17

Easy to find.. Montri rd, heading to the prison, on the left hand side..

You will be the 3rd person locally who I personally know, these things are selling like hot cakes..

Once you get it, we can organize some rides from the island around the south, as now theres more riders on 'non cruiser' bikes..

Thanks LivinLOS. I m off today, probably by car since its raining :) Still miss my T max though, but at 555k I ll shift myself. And get a full face helmet :D

I think in the UK. its a no cost option for ABS. but not sure because the sheer depth of available bikes is higher so the dealers tend to discount heavily especially 2008 models. Example. One shop had a 2008 er6f (2009 spec) for 3,495 pounds

Thanks LivinLOS. I m off today, probably by car since its raining :) Still miss my T max though, but at 555k I ll shift myself. And get a full face helmet :D

Re Helmets.. Not that many good options that dont cost the price of a small bike on the island.. West Coast (also on map) has some high end and stocks 'real' brand and can order all styles and sizes. I will pick something up in the west..

I am off next week for some Euro summer fun, but when I get back, lets hook the few riders on the island together before there was only big twin type bike clubs but thats changing now..

Re Helmets.. Not that many good options that dont cost the price of a small bike on the island.. West Coast (also on map) has some high end and stocks 'real' brand and can order all styles and sizes. I will pick something up in the west..

I am off next week for some Euro summer fun, but when I get back, lets hook the few riders on the island together before there was only big twin type bike clubs but thats changing now..

lets see when Kawa can deliver, before I get a good fullface. Never wanted one in 120kmh on v-twin or tmax. I guess tshirt/shorts and flipflops needs some upgrade for riding this machine too

Then lets go for a ride. :D

have a nice trip to Euro LivinLOS

Edited by katabeachbum