Visa Consulting Service Co.,ltd Bangkok

The words 'Visa Agency/Consultancy/Service' make me shudder these days. There are a fair few companies which will sort out legal visa documentation if you can't be bothered with the hassle and paperwork but if there is a sniff of anything dodgy eg you are being promised a visa you are not entitled to then get out of it and do it yourself. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

Edited by ProfessorFart

• 2 weeks later...
The words 'Visa Agency/Consultancy/Service' make me shudder these days. There are a fair few companies which will sort out legal visa documentation if you can't be bothered with the hassle and paperwork but if there is a sniff of anything dodgy eg you are being promised a visa you are not entitled to then get out of it and do it yourself. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

I havent run into any of those problems, there was a contract done up between us that clearly stated no visa no pay. They have been moving very fast with the paper work and even helped me out in getting the documentation to receive compensation for support and seperation from the military. I was just wondering if anyone on here has used this company and what their experiences where and how fast it got done.

there was a contract done up between us that clearly stated no visa no pay

get visa and deported next day, how's that sound.

could you be more detailed? why would she be deported when we are going through the embassy. This isnt some pay for instant visa, they actually takes us through all the paperwork (which i have verified)

All this visa service is doing is to fill out a few forms for a fee. Nothing illegal involved in that and for those unable to fill out a tax form perhaps worthwhile but for most people the instructions are enough to do it yourself so there probably are not a lot of people here who have used them.

However, if I were to use a firm it would a least be a law office rather that what, by the name, I assume to be someone who may have no real qualifications and could cause problems. :o

my bad :o , remember don't let anybody tell you that they can get a visa for you without you being there.

This firm is accredited in both the states and Thailand ( they have american lawyers who work there ) i was there when we started the immigrant visa process and talked to both the thai and american lawyers. It was a little higher priced then other places we checked out, but this was the only one to show real credentials. Others claimed to be accredited in the states and have american lawyers, but couldnt show proof. They will also help my wife prepare for the interview and tell us all the paperwork we can show to help us get a yes. I'll keep this board posted on our progress with them. I just wondered if anyone here has had an experience with this company or not.

Thanks to all for your advice/input. I have been following this board for awhile now and alot of problems have been avoided due to it. Its the reason i checked out every firm before selecting this one.

Clarification: I am getting an immigrant visa for my wife to go to USA.

• 1 month later...

Devildog,

I engaged this firm in late January 2005 to help with me with my Fiance Visa application. Yes they were quick with submitting the paperwork. Unforunately I didn't review the application before they submitted to INS. After I finally reviewed the application I discovered that they changed MY information that I had given them as to where and when my fiance' met. They also totally fabricated my fiance's biographical information. So now that the application has been submitted I have to wait for a case number so I can inform the INS that this company submitted a false application on my behalf.

A little history.....I had been working the last two years at Atsugi , Japan NAF. This is where I met my fiance'. She had come to Japan on a 90 day visa in 2000 and overstayed for four years. We lived together the last six months of 2004 and when we realized that I would be leaving Japan in January 2005 she decided to voluntarily surrender to Japanese Immigration and was deported back to Thailand. This is the part that Visa Consulting Service changed or deleted from my application. Instead they put down that my fiance' had lived in Thailand the entire time for last five years and on my application put down that I met my fiance' while vacationing in Thailand. This wasn't some innocent misunderstanding on Visa Consulting's part. I filled out all my required forms and FedEx'd them to their Bangkok office prior to them sending out to the INS from BKK. And I had definitely wrote down that I met my fiance' while working in Japan. I have a suspicion these changes were made to reduce the complexity otherwise they would need to document her prior Japanese work and docimile information.

Needless to say I was majorly pissed when I realized what they had done. The info as they submitted would have required my fiance' to lie and fabricate our history together during her interview. This is not something I am willing to attempt. If they catch my fiance' in an outright lie she will NEVER get a visa. I just don't understand what they were thinking. My fiance' and I have nothing to hide and are willing to take our chances with the truth.

It's been over a week since I informed Visa Consulting of this problem and they are suddenly silent. Only one return email saying that, geez, we didn't know your fiance' lived so long in Japan (bull#*^t) and yes maybe this is now a problem. But since then nothing else.

I hope your experience has been better. As for others who may be in the market for an agency I can only say...caveat emptor.

I'm sure this will set me back several months once I receive the initial application receipt. No telling what the INS will think when I inform them I need to resubmit.

If others are curious I'll post updates as they happen.

This is the question I have: Do you apply to get the visa or do you apply to exhibit your high moral standards in front of the embassy people?

Unfortunately, the US Embassy does not apply the same high moral standards to themselves. In fact, they go out their way to take every possible opportunity to screw your life.

Visa submission company has probably lots of experience dealing with them. They know exactly what will happen if you disclose this information. The information that the embassy are not able to get unless you yourself provide it to them. It will also stay on their files forever.

I can just see a smirk on the face of embassy guy when you tell him that your gf got deported from Japan and visa processing company lied on the application. Something like: you are a good and honest man Charlie Brown and here is your denial letter.

Sorry to be so negative. Just another point of view.

I am not familiar with the company you have mentioned, but in the past was involved with the similar firms as Internet consultant. Without commenting on their ethics, I've saw quite a few gratified ladies in their offices. If money isn't an issue, for some ladies I guess they are realy helpful.

• 1 month later...
Devildog,

I engaged this firm in late January 2005 to help with me with my Fiance Visa application.  Yes they were quick with submitting the paperwork.  Unforunately I didn't review the application before they submitted to INS.  After I finally reviewed the application I discovered that they changed MY information that I had given them as to where and when my fiance' met.  They also totally fabricated my fiance's biographical information.  So now that the application has been submitted I have to wait for a case number so I can inform the INS that this company submitted a false application on my behalf. 

A little history.....I had been working the last two years at Atsugi , Japan NAF.  This is where I met my fiance'.  She had come to Japan on a 90 day visa in 2000 and overstayed for four years.  We lived together the last six months of 2004 and when we realized that I would be leaving Japan in January 2005 she decided to voluntarily surrender to Japanese Immigration and was deported back to Thailand.  This is the part that Visa Consulting Service changed or deleted from my application.  Instead they put down that my fiance' had lived in Thailand the entire time for last five years and on my application put down that I met my fiance' while vacationing in Thailand.  This wasn't some innocent misunderstanding on Visa Consulting's part.  I filled out all my required forms and FedEx'd them to their Bangkok office prior to them sending out to the INS from BKK.  And I had definitely wrote down that I met my fiance' while working in Japan.  I have a suspicion these changes were made to reduce the complexity otherwise they would need to document her prior Japanese work and docimile information. 

Needless to say I was majorly pissed when I realized what they had done.  The info as they submitted would have required my fiance' to lie and fabricate our history together during her interview.  This is not something I am willing to attempt.  If they catch my fiance' in an outright lie she will NEVER get a visa.  I just don't understand what they were thinking.  My fiance' and I have nothing to hide and are willing to take our chances with the truth.

It's been over a week since I informed Visa Consulting of this problem and they are suddenly silent.  Only one return email saying that, geez, we didn't know your fiance' lived so long in Japan (bull#*^t) and yes maybe this is now a problem.  But since then nothing else.

I hope your experience has been better.  As for others who may be in the market for an agency I can only say...caveat emptor. 

I'm sure this will set me back several months once I receive the initial application receipt.  No telling what the INS will think when I inform them I need to resubmit.

Devildog,

I engaged this firm in late January 2005 to help with me with my Fiance Visa application.  Yes they were quick with submitting the paperwork.  Unforunately I didn't review the application before they submitted to INS.  After I finally reviewed the application I discovered that they changed MY information that I had given them as to where and when my fiance' met.  They also totally fabricated my fiance's biographical information.  So now that the application has been submitted I have to wait for a case number so I can inform the INS that this company submitted a false application on my behalf. 

A little history.....I had been working the last two years at Atsugi , Japan NAF.  This is where I met my fiance'.  She had come to Japan on a 90 day visa in 2000 and overstayed for four years.  We lived together the last six months of 2004 and when we realized that I would be leaving Japan in January 2005 she decided to voluntarily surrender to Japanese Immigration and was deported back to Thailand.  This is the part that Visa Consulting Service changed or deleted from my application.  Instead they put down that my fiance' had lived in Thailand the entire time for last five years and on my application put down that I met my fiance' while vacationing in Thailand.  This wasn't some innocent misunderstanding on Visa Consulting's part.  I filled out all my required forms and FedEx'd them to their Bangkok office prior to them sending out to the INS from BKK.  And I had definitely wrote down that I met my fiance' while working in Japan.  I have a suspicion these changes were made to reduce the complexity otherwise they would need to document her prior Japanese work and docimile information. 

Needless to say I was majorly pissed when I realized what they had done.  The info as they submitted would have required my fiance' to lie and fabricate our history together during her interview.  This is not something I am willing to attempt.  If they catch my fiance' in an outright lie she will NEVER get a visa.  I just don't understand what they were thinking.  My fiance' and I have nothing to hide and are willing to take our chances with the truth.

It's been over a week since I informed Visa Consulting of this problem and they are suddenly silent.  Only one return email saying that, geez, we didn't know your fiance' lived so long in Japan (bull#*^t) and yes maybe this is now a problem.  But since then nothing else.

I hope your experience has been better.  As for others who may be in the market for an agency I can only say...caveat emptor. 

I'm sure this will set me back several months once I receive the initial application receipt.  No telling what the INS will think when I inform them I need to resubmit.

please do update, i plan to as well

• 6 months later...

Well....if your girlfriend was deported from Japan due to her overstaying 4 years....she will probably not be able to get a visa for ANY country in the world....unless she hides the truth.....and lie....which means you have to lie too....BUT....the embassies have their ways to seek info....and if they find out that your gf was deported....bye bye visa.....

Of course it is not ethical to fabricate a story, but this company claims NO VISA NO MONEY.....and they charge a HEAVY fee....and do what it takes to prevent them to pay money back....they are SHARKS......money before honor.....with their 80,000 Baht pricing for a Fiancee Visa process, they can for sure afford to pay money back once in a while.....I guess they have a success rate around 50% for this kind of visas....compared to my own company, I have a success rate at 90%....and I NEVER submit false information....but I have a 100% money-back-guarantee in case I fail.....take it or leave it....and my price is only 1/4 of this company.

BUT.....I always recommend my clients to apply by themselves in case they know the procedure and what docs is needed....and save the agent's fee....most visa application can be made by the clients themselves....no need for a visa agent to file the forms and inform about the docs needed, cos in most cases the embassies will supply this information free of charge....but in other cases the embassies are quite un friendly to advise visa applicants....and they do not always reveal to the public what docs is actually needed.....some of the info they want to know is considered confidential....to prevent false information....

I can only say: BE AWARE of the sharks that overcharge you and claim a success rate at 100%....it is IMPOSSIBLE! Why on earth pay 80,000 Baht for visa assistance to any company? What can they do, that is worth this heavy fee? NOTHING! And.....you don't need a lawyer to assist you applying for a visa....everyone, like myself, who has the knowledge and the experience dealing with the embassies, can assist you applying for a visa.....no need to be a lawyer...this only means higher fees!

Well....if your girlfriend was deported from Japan due to her overstaying 4 years....she will probably not be able to get a visa for ANY country in the world....unless she hides the truth.....and lie....which means you have to lie too....BUT....the embassies have their ways to seek info....and if they find out that your gf was deported....bye bye visa.....
If she has been deported from Japan then there is almost certainly a record of that in her passport.

Last year on another board a poster was seeking advice about his girlfriend who was after a German visa. She, too, had been deported from Japan, and some people advised him to "lose" her passport and get a new one without the embarrassing stamp. Unfortunately he listened to this "advice." Naturally her deportation was on record with the Thai authorities, who flatly refused to believe she had merely lost the passport and have so far refused to issue her with a new one!

Past misdemeanours may make future applications difficult, but trying to hide them will make it impossible.

As for the principle of using agents; don't. Why pay an exorbitant fee for information which is obtainable for free on official sites and for advice which can be got from places like this? Certainly, if the agent suggests lying or trying to cover something up, walk away. Visa officers at all embassies are on the look out for inconsistencies from the applicant. The only way to ensure that your story is consistent is to tell the truth!

• 2 weeks later...
If she has been deported from Japan then there is almost certainly a record of that in her passport.

Last year on another board a poster was seeking advice about his girlfriend who was after a German visa. She, too, had been deported from Japan, and some people advised him to "lose" her passport and get a new one without the embarrassing stamp. Unfortunately he listened to this "advice." Naturally her deportation was on record with the Thai authorities, who flatly refused to believe she had merely lost the passport and have so far refused to issue her with a new one!

Past misdemeanours may make future applications difficult, but trying to hide them will make it impossible.

As for the principle of using agents; don't. Why pay an exorbitant fee for information which is obtainable for free on official sites and for advice which can be got from places like this? Certainly, if the agent suggests lying or trying to cover something up, walk away. Visa officers at all embassies are on the look out for inconsistencies from the applicant. The only way to ensure that your story is consistent is to tell the truth!

I agree.......partly.....but agents who know their business can actually save their clients a lot of time....the agents know the application procedure, they know all the forms to be filed, they know how to deal with the embassies.....in some cases clients cans ave up to 8 or 10 months! I am aware of people waiting 18 months for a US Fiancee visa....waiting time caused by missing and wrongfully filed docs and forms.... And of course not to forget those people who are unaware about ThaiVisa.com or too lazy to seek information by themselves.... :o

• 10 months later...

Where is there office?

My niece travelled to Bangkok to submit forms i filled in for her.

She was applying for a domestic workers visa.

She applied at:

The UK Visa Application Centre

2nd Floor, Regent House

183 Rajdamri Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330.

As I am in England at the moment I was not with her when she made the application.

She phoned me to say that the "man at the office" said she could only get a 6 month visa and will be altering the forms.

When I spoke to him on the phone he sounded like he knew what he was doing.

He told me that a 6 month visa would be easy to get and could be extended here in the UK.

He said the fee would be 20,000 baht.

Sounded ok for a guarenteed visa(he was acting on behalf of the UK embassy)....

Alarm bells now ringing.

He took the passport and visa fee and said he would email me with info on more information that I need to send ie photos of bedroom where she would be staying etc.

That was Friday,yes you are right.....no email.....

I have checked at the Home Office and they DO NOT extend 6 month visa in the UK as the applicant must leave the UK after staying for 6 months and can not return for another 6 months.

I have emailed the Embassy in Bangkok for there advice.

I feel like I have been conned.......

Paul,

Whatever you do, do not pay the 20,000 baht. From the information you have given, it sounds as if your niece was waylayed by the agents who inhabit premises adjacent to the visa application centre. They are in no way connected to either the centre or the embassy. What's more, they have little (and that's being generous) knowledge of UK immigration law and policy. Evidently, they do not know what the criteria are for a domestic worker, and are, therefore, attempting to con your niece into applying under a category which they think they know something about. I suggest your niece goes and asks for her documents back and then makes the application by herself. If she does want professional advice, there are specialist immigration advisers in Bangkok and the UK.

Scouse.

PS. The 20,000 baht fee, was that for his services, or the cost of the visa? If the latter, they might have been trying to shoe-horn your niece into a fiancée application, as that is roughly how much it costs. A fiancée visa is for 6 months and is extendable once the applicant has married. However, in your niece's case, such an application is evidently a total and utter fabrication.

If this bloke was trying to convince her to apply as a visitor, then she would not be allowed to work, which would defeat the object of employing her as your domestic worker.

Scouse.

There are signs at nearly all Western Embassies to be aware of Person who claim that they can offer assistance.

The problem is that many Applicants are simply scared or afraid to submit/fill out documents by themselves.

Most of them do not know how to fill in forms , can not search the internet for info , etc.

Using a agent seems to be easy and convenient.

With a 4 yers overstay in Japan she surely will not get entry into another country.

Niece said she was told by UK Visa Service at Regents house to go next door to visaworldconsulting....

This is email I got from Embassy.

Thank you for your email of 16 October.

As you have already suspected the gentlemen your niece is dealing with is a visa consultant and not a representative of the Visa Application Centre. Details of the documents required to support a Domestic Worker visa application are available on the Embassy website at :www.britishembassy.gov.uk/thailand or the Visa Application website at www.ukvac-th.com. The fee for a domestic worker application is Baht 6375.

I hope this clarifies the current situation.

A Howard

Entry Clearance Manager

British Embassy Bangkok

14 Wireless Road

Lumpinee

Bangkok 10330

Tel +66 (0) 2305 8333

Email: [email protected]

Seems strange that she was told to go to an agent as all the relevant information was filled out and she had the visa fee!!

I suspect a con,possibly by persons working in ukvisacenter.......

• 4 weeks later...
Devildog,

Hi David, this is Mike in NAF Atsugi. I'm in very close situation you are in. Thai fiance in Japan 11 years, having overstay visa. I brought her on base and she got deported. Wanting to get fiance visa. Want to know where you are with this! Thank you very Much, this is very IMPORTANT!

Devildog,

in april last year I went to a such visa consulting office opposite the usa embassy, close to the corner Wireless/thanon sarasin. The office was on some 10th floor of a skyscraper. They were handing out their brochure outside the UK consulate.

I never wanted to use them (their fee is $1500 for a successful application for a fiance visa for my than gf, now wife, to the UK) - just wanted some info what to do the next day in the UK consulate. They photocopied all our paperwork and gave advice what the other documents will be useful. They are chinese, speaking reasonable thai, american educated - they specialise in american visas and don't know much about the UK reality.

Anyway, at same stage they asked me about my credit card as a guarantee of the future successful application. I did not have it on me so they asked when my card expires - I remembered it I gave it to them.

On my May statement there was £1020 missing to their office. I called them and they explained that they had my credit card number from my MBNA bank statement but their accounts charged me by mistake and they are returning money - at this same time I called my bank to report unauthorised use of my card. In mid of May I went there personally and they said that money is on my way. Nothing happened so I went there again with a cop from the local police station on Wireless (friend of my friend of my friend cost me some 2500 baht and another 500 baht for his officer in charge). I believe only this was way I had a chance to get my money back - after at least one hour of waiting for the paperwork (they tried to privately 'talk' to my cop) I got a cheque.

I don't have their exact address now - but if anyone wants to write a story I will find all the details.

(at the end of May we get married - but my wife was refused visa as the consul believed it was a marriage of convenience. She came to Poland, where I am from, where she got easily her EU spouse visa for 6 months).

• 2 months later...

here is a very belated followup.....

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

they took us for 100,000 baht (over $2500 american) and were very helpful up until the final payment....then they quit calling me, quit calling her. When we would call and ask for an update, they told us they would let us know when her interview was. Almost a year passed and I got my wife over here in Japan with me on an accompanied military tour. I then went to the American consulate here in Okinawa and asked them what i needed to do. They told me it was as simple as having the case forwarded to them. SO we called our "wonderful" visa "lawyers" and told them to forward it to the Naha Consulate in Okinawa. They told us they could not do that, but if we would call NIS in America, they could track down our case and send it out. But that could take 3 months we were cautioned.

To make a long story short, 3 months and about $1000, we did the paperwork on our own (not hard at all) and she and her son have their immigrant visa's.

The company has changed their name since then, and are probably ripping more people off.

If you are able to be in Thailand and make sure they do what they promise, it might not be so bad. But do not trust them to take care of you once the last guranteed baht hits their account. Especially if you are in another country. There is no such thing as a "fast" visa.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles Devildog but at least you are OK now -best of luck.

I must admit I would use a visa company just for the paperwork as I am a lazy git but story's like yours make me think twice - thanks for the cautionary note.

My paperwork and my GF's was all sorted out by a agency but I do work for a large MNC and its as smooth as James Bond - they even got my GF a visa which we were told was impossible.

I know I am being naive when I think it would be as smooth with an agency in Bangkok - now I would ask the company's agency for a referral to one if I need.