True Connection Drop All The Time

simcity

I have a hopeless connection with TRUE the last few weeks, broadband but only 256 speed.

They told me in my area that all I can get ( Balamphu / kowsan ).

I have a LINKSYS modem, and TRUE ask me to change to a different one, after what I paid for the LINKSYS I said no.

My connection drop every 30 minutes, after 30 second start again, but all my page (site) and download are dead.

Is there something I am doing wrong ? use to work ok for 2 years

If I am looking to change to a different company, will I have to change my land line ? My number start by 02629****

I have UBC too, not sure if they have internet service.

Some information will be helpful, Thank

I have the same problem. Started few days ago, so I checked True's network status and there are 2 gateways down, so I believe this is what is causing the problem.

UBC (renamed True Visions some time ago) is the same company as True Internet, so you cannot use them to change ISP provider, but having an account with both means that your internet subscription is cheaper than if you don't have a True Visions account.

I have the same problem. Started few days ago, so I checked True's network status and there are 2 gateways down, so I believe this is what is causing the problem.

UBC (renamed True Visions some time ago) is the same company as True Internet, so you cannot use them to change ISP provider, but having an account with both means that your internet subscription is cheaper than if you don't have a True Visions account.

my prob bit more complicated, TRUE told me LINKSYS not compatible with them .

i am trying to find more from Linksys

TRUE told me LINKSYS not compatible with them.

That's BS, they just didn't know what to tell you. I'm using a Linksys WAG200G, and I can tell you it's perfectly compatible with True (True settings were even preset in the router's wizard).

The fact that it used to work Ok for 2 years means it's a temporary problem from True (or that something went wrong with your line/the cables from your router to your phone line).

I have some problems with TRUE also. I just changed it to weeks ago. Before I had TOT. My problem is I get the DNS error or site not responding error very frequently. I even get that for some local site. Every time I get it, I have to refresh and sometime it went okay and sometime it didn't. Some website like mail2world.com can't be browsed at all. Never had any problem with TOT! I think TRUE network is messed up pretty bad lately. Maybe someone at their site is playing with it. :o

TRUE told me LINKSYS not compatible with them.

That's BS, they just didn't know what to tell you. I'm using a Linksys WAG200G, and I can tell you it's perfectly compatible with True (True settings were even preset in the router's wizard).

The fact that it used to work Ok for 2 years means it's a temporary problem from True (or that something went wrong with your line/the cables from your router to your phone line).

No not the line, it happen before, where my connection drop and I need to ring them.

They told me they need to send a technician to my place, next day everything works fine, technician never came to my place.

i ring them and ask why, the technician told me they came to my area to reset something.

This scenario happens 3 times already but once every 5-6 weeks.

Every time I call I get the same message regarding Linksys compatibility.

This time are bit different, the connection do not go completely dead for good, but by pulse.

This morning it looks fine, presume they went to do the resetting.

Next time I will say I know someone using TRUE & Linksys and he do not have problem.

Perhaps my area needs a new hardware upgrade from True

I have some problems with TRUE also. I just changed it to weeks ago. Before I had TOT. My problem is I get the DNS error or site not responding error very frequently. I even get that for some local site. Every time I get it, I have to refresh and sometime it went okay and sometime it didn't. Some website like mail2world.com can't be browsed at all. Never had any problem with TOT! I think TRUE network is messed up pretty bad lately. Maybe someone at their site is playing with it. :o

configure your router to use www.opendns.com it will certainly help you with your problem