The Truth About Kard Farang (hang Dong)

eurothai

I'm working to open the scene behind the people and managing of Kard Farang (moo baan and shopping plaza)

There is a lot of terrible things going on and people should be informed. If anybody has some more info and dare

to post it. It would be more that welcome.

I will post soon the stories of my own experience over there.

What the hel_l are you on about??????

OK--so, that's 'what you are on about'---apologies, but as other posters have intimated the expose came in an odd sequence--this is not to say that the incident you describe is not true and also very sad--I remember the old guard as being a very nice, and conscientious worker and the gate did indeed fall on top of him in the middle of the night [ 02.00 a.m., I think--but Eurothai will know the time, for sure] and, if you really are paying the guys wages on a monthly basis then you really do deserve applause--good for you.

The attitude of the management of Kad Farang, with regard to this incident and several others, is very typical--of rich, land-owning Thais [ actually all Asians, to be true] and, though sad and very wrong, does not surprise me at all--these people have no respect for their workers or, in fact, anyone else who doesn't own as much as they do.

First against the wall--springs to mind.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the first of some stories.

The man on the pictures was a security guard at the small village in the back. (the village what used to be a cemetary)

At the other picture you can see the gate that weights more than 250 kilo's.

The man reported that the gate was broken already 2 months. The management didn't take care at all.

In the night time I received a call from this man. He was under the gate. The gate fell down on him. The head

of the security was just only facing him without doing anything. He said "I have no car to bring him to the hospital"

His pick up was parked at the tarng dong office group (what is for sale right now). So, I brought him to the hospital

and the final result was

+ broken hip on 3 places

+ broken leg on 2 places

+ broken jeaw on 1 place

+ inside bleedings

Imagine this 60 year old man.

I told the story to the management and they didn't do anything. They offered his family 2000 thb.

his normal salary was 4500 for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We asked the management about his bills for the hospital. They just don't care. They gave him 2000 thb already.

They also didn't pay any social security or insurance for him. So, he was left on himself.

We paid his bills and we still supporting his family 4500thb a month. This was the only income for this family.

The man was never sick, always on time for almost 2 years there.

If you understand my point now, and you also feel sorry for this I can give you his number so he can confirm this

story and feel free to give him some money as well. He is really a good guy.

Do I need to tell more? If you want I can.

It is a nice thing you have done helping this old guy, there is no safety net in Thailand. Many of these lovely older folk are the Thais the tourist brochures promote about but few tourists get to see any more. Many wealthy Thais treat the serf class as animals, you will see many of them at PAD rallys yearning for the full return of the feudal system so they can get the homage they think they deserve.

Continue your stories and lets see what else there is. Somehow I suspect that you have seen what are really common occurrences here and haven't realized how prevalent it is.

The man on the pictures was a security guard at the small village in the back. (the village what used to be a cemetary)

The man reported that the gate was broken already 2 months. The management didn't take care at all.

In the night time I received a call from this man. He was under the gate. The gate fell down on him. The head

of the security was just only facing him without doing anything. He said "I have no car to bring him to the hospital"

His pick up was parked at the tarng dong office group (what is for sale right now). So, I brought him to the hospital

and the final result was

+ broken hip on 3 places

+ broken leg on 2 places

+ broken jeaw on 1 place

+ inside bleedings

I told the story to the management and they didn't do anything. They offered his family 2000 thb.

We asked the management about his bills for the hospital. They just don't care. They gave him 2000 thb already.

They also didn't pay any social security or insurance for him. So, he was left on himself.

We paid his bills and we still supporting his family 4500thb a month. This was the only income for this family.

If you understand my point now, and you also feel sorry for this I can give you his number so he can confirm this

It is a nice thing you have done helping this old guy, there is no safety net in Thailand. Many of these lovely older folk are the Thais the tourist brochures promote about but few tourists get to see any more. Many wealthy Thais treat the serf class as animals, you will see many of them at PAD rallys yearning for the full return of the feudal system so they can get the homage they think they deserve.

Continue your stories and lets see what else there is. Somehow I suspect that you have seen what are really common occurrences here and haven't realized how prevalent it is.

I will continue with this topic. I only want to write what's not based on rumours.

The most thing that pissed me of is that they pretend to be international and some of the 'kids' has studied

abroad and running the managment now. They are a company and they also need to pay for social security and

insurance for their employees. Even the employees right now are deducted from their salaries. Also another manager

left the 'group' . He was earning about 20.000 thb a month. They offer him 4500thb right now. Even the staff they have right now have to wait for their payment about 2 months. Just visit the office (not the one is for sale right now)

the new office is in the old 2-sit building. You will see they also have a certificate of appriciation from the American Consul. I think the American Counsul didn't know that. They try to get the people in with sweet sugar water, when they get, they will piss them over with acid. Right now they only have a debt with one bank over 200 million thb.

Sure, they getting hungry and a bit depressed.

and the final result was

+ broken hip on 3 places

+ broken leg on 2 places

+ broken jeaw on 1 place

+ inside bleedings

I will continue with this topic. I only want to write what's not based on rumours.

The most thing that pissed me of is that they pretend to be international and some of the 'kids' has studied

abroad and running the managment now. They are a company and they also need to pay for social security and

insurance for their employees. Even the employees right now are deducted from their salaries. Also another manager

left the 'group' . He was earning about 20.000 thb a month. They offer him 4500thb right now. Even the staff they have right now have to wait for their payment about 2 months. Just visit the office (not the one is for sale right now)

the new office is in the old 2-sit building. You will see they also have a certificate of appriciation from the American Consul. I think the American Counsul didn't know that. They try to get the people in with sweet sugar water, when they get, they will piss them over with acid. Right now they only have a debt with one bank over 200 million thb.

Having read this post and the replies I could not believe the content as there really did'nt seem to be any, but on reflection I knew there had to be a punch line hence no reply from me, a case of wait and see,eventually we do see what the man means, really the confusion was/is down to his english but he certainly has a good heart and has the utmost respect from me.

and the final result was

+ broken hip on 3 places

+ broken leg on 2 places

+ broken jeaw on 1 place

+ inside bleedings

Having read this post and the replies I could not believe the content as there really did'nt seem to be any, but on reflection I knew there had to be a punch line hence no reply from me, a case of wait and see,eventually we do see what the man means, really the confusion was/is down to his english but he certainly has a good heart and has the utmost respect from me.

Thanks for the respect. Yes, my English is not that good as I'm not from England or America. I just did the spell check on your post. Here it goes: did'nt should be didn't --- see,eventually should have a space between collum --- and english should be written with a capital E --- English.

What does matters? How it's written down or what you can understand. It's a topic about Kad Farang not about teaching or learning English.

Hey! This thread is fun! I just knew if I waited around long enough I'd find a weird thread where we could have some fun bantering about nothing. Now that the original poster tweeked my interest I might even have to take the ride out to that plaza just to check it out. I don't normally bother with plazas. They are usually too expensive and full of useless crap that nobody really needs. It DOES keep the economy going though.

When I think of something silly to say I'll join right in. Have fun and stay out of trouble gang. :o

and the final result was

+ broken hip on 3 places

+ broken leg on 2 places

+ broken jeaw on 1 place

+ inside bleedings

Thanks for the respect. Yes, my English is not that good as I'm not from England or America. I just did the spell check on your post. Here it goes: did'nt should be didn't --- see,eventually should have a space between collum --- and english should be written with a capital E --- English.

What does matters? How it's written down or what you can understand. It's a topic about Kad Farang not about teaching or learning English.

Wrong my friend, the confusion that reigned while the majority understood what you were trying to get across is the reason that numerous posters were initially taking the p--s out of you, and yes your right English is spelt with a capital but the difference is one or two typing errors my friend.