Fencing

rhino533

Does anyone know the price of 2m tall by 1m chain linked fencing (price per meter) and what the cost of a basic 2m tall concrete wall will be per meter. It would be great if prices per meter included all accessories need to build a fence. I have seen older topics talking about fencing but nothing really recent. Any help would be great. Thanks

If anyone has any pictures of there Fence/Walls that would be great to.

Just throwing this out as an alternate as something similar is mentioned in the ref. thread. My mother-in-law had put a barbed wire fence around the entire 7 rai our house is built on before we started building. I thought the prices for concrete or chain link fencing were way out of line. I went to a large florist, cut a deal and bought 100 small bouganvillia trees for 25 baht each and planted 5 between each fence post (2,5 meter centers) The pics show the results with which I am fairly pleased.

post-47492-1235441382_thumb.jpg

post-47492-1235441434_thumb.jpg

Just throwing this out as an alternate as something similar is mentioned in the ref. thread. My mother-in-law had put a barbed wire fence around the entire 7 rai our house is built on before we started building. I thought the prices for concrete or chain link fencing were way out of line. I went to a large florist, cut a deal and bought 100 small bouganvillia trees for 25 baht each and planted 5 between each fence post (2,5 meter centers) The pics show the results with which I am fairly pleased.

I liked it but the problem is I have 4 dogs which I need to keep from escaping. My dogs aren't soi dog friendly. They like to fight! I have 2.25 rai I need to fence. Just trying to find an inexpensive way to build the fence. I pretty sure Chain link is much cheaper than concrete? Does anyone know if this is true?

You can't see it in the pix but I "laced" some of that green nylon mesh into the bottom 3 strands of barbed wire and then anchored it to the ground with bamboo I cut off my land. I believe this will last a long time. I did this to keep the dogs and chickens out, but it will keep them in as well.

PS. I think the mesh is expensive around here because only one shop handles it. I paid 600B per 10 meters but if you live near a city you can probably do better.

I live close to Rayong City. I wonder if a big store like Global House would carry chain link for a decent price?

Cost of materials for a basic block wall with pre formed concrete posts is about 300 Baht per linear metre. It was 250 Baht a year ago, but cement etc has increased in price since then. Khon Kaen prices.

Add labour to that, should be no more than 250 Baht per m. using a local handy man if you can find one to do a decent job. A "builder" would probably want 500 Baht per m. + whiskey + food.

Rendering, if required would be additional.

Does anyone know the price of 2m tall by 1m chain linked fencing (price per meter) and what the cost of a basic 2m tall concrete wall will be per meter. It would be great if prices per meter included all accessories need to build a fence. I have seen older topics talking about fencing but nothing really recent. Any help would be great. Thanks

If anyone has any pictures of there Fence/Walls that would be great to.

I had a concrete one built 3 years ago around our house. Dont know cost per metre but house garden area is about .5 of a rai. It cost 200,000 but with steel gate and front iron railings.

Tim

I live close to Rayong City. I wonder if a big store like Global House would carry chain link for a decent price?

I don't believe Global House carry this product. Never seen it in there.

It can usually be found however at the same shops that sell the steel for building roofs.

Edited by Rimmer

I had a concrete one built 3 years ago around our house. Dont know cost per metre but house garden area is about .5 of a rai. It cost 200,000 but with steel gate and front iron railings.

Tim

I think one rai is 400sqm (please correct if wrong) which is the equivalent of 80m at 20+20+20+20 (assuming a square plot). Thus, if you took off 40k for the gate and railings (no idea if anywhere near correct), the price would appear to be Bt160,000/80 or Bt2,000 per metre.

Of course, the railings etc. could be far more expensive but I don't think Bt500 a metre (Bt40,000 in total) needs Bt160,000 spending on gates !

1 Rai is 400 Sq Wah or 1600 Sq metres

Tim

Half Rai equals 800 Sq Metres, maybe 25m x 32m or 114 linear metres

In a previous relationship we had 80 metres of wall built with a 4m sliding gate. The wall averaged about 1.8 metres high. The builders charged 16,000 Baht for building the wall, but only rendered one side!. They used rebar and cast concrete top and bottom. I think that materials, food and whiskey came to about 25,000 Baht.

The 4 metre sliding gate was supplied and fitted by others and cost 11,000 Baht, but we had other quotes over 30,000 Baht.

That was in Phrae about 4 years ago.