Gambling-no Health Insurance?

DONEWITHIT

How many people are without health insurance?With the percentages of uninsured worldwide growing surely there is an equivalent percentage here taking the risk.When it comes down to surviving(food,clothing and shelter)vs health insurance(especially for the over 60 crowd)what is the decision?Do you pay out of pocket and just go to the doc once and do the pharmacy thing yourself?Use chinese herbal and homeopathic meds?Believe like the Thais ,when it's your time it's your time.Really tough decisions on this topic when your over 60.I never see anyone say they don't have insurance and am just going with it,whatever happens happens.Maybe it's just too much of a private matter for someone to say?I'm also sure that unless you have children,life insurance consideration is the same as health insurance.

How many people are without health insurance?With the percentages of uninsured worldwide growing surely there is an equivalent percentage here taking the risk.When it comes down to surviving(food,clothing and shelter)vs health insurance(especially for the over 60 crowd)what is the decision?Do you pay out of pocket and just go to the doc once and do the pharmacy thing yourself?Use chinese herbal and homeopathic meds?Believe like the Thais ,when it's your time it's your time.Really tough decisions on this topic when your over 60.I never see anyone say they don't have insurance and am just going with it,whatever happens happens.Maybe it's just too much of a private matter for someone to say?I'm also sure that unless you have children,life insurance consideration is the same as health insurance.

i gambled without health insurance for years. the year i resumed coverage i was struck with dengue, had a severe athsma attack and got bit by a centipde, all of which put me in the hospital at least overnight.

strange.

I believe that when it is your time to go then just get on with it and bugger off instead of lingering on for years in ever deteriorating health with a piss bag at your side etc. That is not life, not life for you and not life for your family.

Insurance is to protect your family from either having to watch someone suffer through lack of resources or having to watch as your life deteriorates through the use of your resources to pay for medical care.

However, for many over a certain age, premiums are prohibitive. There is other accident insurance which would cover you for that but as you get older, sickness from body deterioration becomes very expensive.