Renew Thai Passport

Ok - I am not sure about this so here goes.

My wife has a Thai passport and in that it states her ID card number etc. The ID card is on the current Thai address.

She is asking me that when we move house and so she goes from one blue book to another, gets a new ID card, does she need to get a new passport also.

I said I really did not think so but she wants me to check it out.

Does anyone know?

Also where is the nearest place to get a Thai passport in Phuket?

Thanks

This is not exacly the right forum but I will leave it here and answer your questions.

A new passport is not needed if she changes her house book or registered address.

There was a recent news report that they will be opening a passport office in Phuket. When?

For the moment Songkla is the nearest office.

You can go to this webpage and get the location of all passport offices by clicking on Deparment of Consular Affairs.... which is a link. http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2633.php

Your wife could also have a look at the passport info that is on the website also

This is not exacly the right forum but I will leave it here and answer your questions.

A new passport is not needed if she changes her house book or registered address.

There was a recent news report that they will be opening a passport office in Phuket. When?

For the moment Songkla is the nearest office.

Ok as long as it is certain the a change in house registeration does not require a new passport then I am happy. Do you have a link which states this? I can't find anything....

BTW - can you renew the passports by post?

I was doing an edit while you were writing your post. The MFA website has info about Thai passports but in Thai only.

My wife did not have to change her's when she got her own house book after we built our house.

Edit: No she has to go in person because they take a digital photo for the passport. They will mail them to you so you don't have to wait a day or two,

I was doing an edit while you were writing your post. The MFA website has info about Thai passports but in Thai only.

My wife did not have to change her's when she got her own house book after we built our house.

Ok, sounds good enough to me.

I will tell her to look at the website....

Cheers