Buying A Condo

BritRakThai

Some free advice. Do not buy anything off a plan even if it may be a tad cheaper. If it ani't finished and fully ready to move in, forget it.

PS Unrelated, your name "Britrukthai" ??

Edited by barky

If I was you I would rent here for 6 months and then look at buying a existing condo. With the number of condo being built here, there prices are dropping. You might also look at existing houses, with the number of people leaving Pattaya because of financial problems there are some real bargain. My friend sold his house fully furnished and including his car for less than it cost him to buy.

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

I've just got a job in Pattaya with a housing allowance - I'm thinking the best thing to do is use it to buy a condo, preferably away from the nonsense.

Any recommendations or places to avoid anyone please? With a pool would be nice.

Cheers,

Jeff

Is your housing allowance a lump sum or a monthly payment? If it is the latter, it is likely to be very hard to get a mortgage here as a foreigner. If you can, I know of a great value 96 sq m, 1 bed, 2 bath condo available for 3m Baht in a very nice block in Wongamat. If you would like more info, please just send me a pm

Some free advice. Do not buy anything off a plan even if it may be a tad cheaper. If it ani't finished and fully ready to move in, forget it.

PS Unrelated, your name "Britrukthai" ??

Good advice.

Most of the off plan buildings I was looking at during my home search 2 years ago haven't been completed yet, some not even started. The only one I can think of that has been completed is Hyde Park.

So if you want somewhere to actually live in, go for a completed place.

Hi Jeff

Just take your time before you commit. Rent first and check out the area and the numerous offers. I can recommend "Diana-Oasis"

(diana-oasis.com) as a good starting point. They are in a perfect location, have beautiful gardens, full amenities and make you feel very welcome. They have many long term tenants and I have stayed with them twice during their first year.They offer the only newly remodeled rooms in the popular Diana-Estate. Best talk to their manageress Kh. Meow, she is happy to show you around and takes good care of her customers! Sometimes there are some nice units for sale, too. JL. :o

I purchased a condo in Jomtien Beach Condos a year ago, July. I have been really pleased with the management and the area. It is a quiet (relatively) area, has two pools, two work out areas, lots of shops for restaurants, sports bar, massage, beauty salon, laundry, internet etc.

The management does an excellent job. Everything is always clean and well maintained and it is only about 5,200 baht a year. Utilities are reasonable. I pay about 2,000 baht a month for water and electricity and that is with a washing machine etc in my condo.

pm me if you have further interest. I have a friend who has a language school here and also manages property. she is honest and will take good care of you.

You could also rent before you buy so you could determine if you like the area. She could probably work out a rent/purchase agreement with you which would let your rent apply toward purchase if you decided to buy.

Micheal

I would suggest renting to start with, then look for somewhere.

If your job does not work out or you have to relocate you will get stuck with trying to sell the property, and if you are not in Pattaya this could be dificult.

If the financing for the purchase is not Thai Baht, then you could loose out (or even make a profit) when you come to sell as currencies are very volatile in the current circumstances.