Private Schools And Labor Laws

TerryLH

The following story was in the paper a couple of weeks ago. I would like to know what law or act private school teachers fall under if not the Labor Act. Can someone give me a place to look for it?

I couldn’t come up with a private school bill.

I am especially interested in sections having to do with termination without cause.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The government will restore the rights of private school teachers and employees to access healthcare services under the social security scheme, Education Minister, Jurin Laksanawisit said yesterday.

Jurin said he had signed the draft of a private school 2007 bill to amend Article 86 - making private-school employees and teachers eligible for cover under the social-security scheme, and giving them access to government healthcare services.

The legislation - introduced by the previous government - says social security and labour laws no longer apply to private schools, and employers are not required to make monthly contributions to the Social Security Fund. For employees, the consequences are significant.”