The Last Week Has Been Sweltering Hot

dave9988

Its definately warming up.

Its a bit different here in Chiang Rai because we still have some very cool mornings and then its too Hot to think in the afternoon.

I lit a Fire yesterday morning to keep warm and had a cool beer infront of a Fan to keep cool in the heat of the afternoon .

Just an observation, no complaints about the weather here from me :o

I am here four years have A/c but never use it and we live in Isan a shade warmer then bkk,I only use AC in the car.We have patlom in every room and that is what we use and on the moment not even the whole night early in the morning we switch the fan off to cold.We get up at 6 in the morning.

I used to work in Abu Dhabi 52 Centrigrade in the summer no place to hide in the dessert.

I have never owned AC at home and only use fans to comfortably cool me off. I lived in NYC most of my life. NYC can get as hot as 95F in the summer with medium humidity. I also spent 5 summer months in Tuscon. I have always believed in allowing my body to adapt (within reason) to the surrounding temperature.

I also used a bicycle to get around in NYC, Tucson and now CM.

IMO, using artificial AC in hot climates creates more discomfort and possible illness when going outside, because of the extreme immediate difference in temperature.

I have also wondered how many more degrees the outside temperature increases, because of the heat generated by high use of ACs. I know it certainly puts a strain on some world power grids.

Talking about weather i have been here for 105 days and haven't seen rain once.... Thats concerning and odd.

where?

BTW, it's not the hot season yet and some very sensible posters here can't handle the thats/that's issue mentally and physically...

well i havent seen rain since the first week of november in bkk, so thats over 100 days.

Tomorrow its forecast to be 39C and feeling like 42C

Yes its not the hot season but it rarely feels like 42C does it?? I mean i check the temperture everyday and even in the hot season its rare its gets to "feeling" like 40c+ even then :o

I think next month is going to be killer. I hope it rains soon.

It doesn't make you lazy just you lose so much energy in the heat and feel so uncomfortable.

If its cold I just put on a jacket and a cup of hot coffee and I'm good to go. But when its hot its still going to be hot no matter what I wear. The less I wear the more mosquito bites I get.

Thailand would be a tough place to live without a/c during april-may. Well maybe Africa or Mongolia is worse.

I've tried driving with my car a/c not working once (it had a freon leak). It was just horrible stuck in traffic and no a/c. No air movement and black clouds coming from buses.

my air con packed up on me last week and it was like sitting in a sauna with your clothes on.i was wringing wet thru when i got home

Talking about weather i have been here for 105 days and haven't seen rain once.... Thats concerning and odd.

where?

BTW, it's not the hot season yet and some very sensible posters here can't handle the thats/that's issue mentally and physically...

well i havent seen rain since the first week of november in bkk, so thats over 100 days.

Tomorrow its forecast to be 39C and feeling like 42C

Yes its not the hot season but it rarely feels like 42C does it?? I mean i check the temperture everyday and even in the hot season its rare its gets to "feeling" like 40c+ even then :o

...so, if it will not rain, we are all looking to a really hot hot season this year...could be hotter than known before...

Its wonderful,been for a 10k walk today,got back home and had a cold shower and up for anything.Must admit my feet are a bit sore but a good massage will cure that.

If i had a choice between this weather and UK i would choose Thailand any day.

I think the current weather seems hot because it came so soon after a especially cold winter which was great. UK weather is great for me - like the seasons and changeability of it - probably more changeable than almost any other country. Thai weather is ok, but boring except when it rains - that is much more exciting than the drizzle in the UK. Nothing, but nothing beats snow!

i didnt think the weather was good when i was driving 300-500 miles a day,not good for your blood pressure.

Edited by patklang

Its wonderful,been for a 10k walk today,got back home and had a cold shower and up for anything.Must admit my feet are a bit sore but a good massage will cure that.

If i had a choice between this weather and UK i would choose Thailand any day.

I think the current weather seems hot because it came so soon after a especially cold winter which was great. UK weather is great for me - like the seasons and changeability of it - probably more changeable than almost any other country. Thai weather is ok, but boring except when it rains - that is much more exciting than the drizzle in the UK. Nothing, but nothing beats snow!

I have the feeling that March and April this year will be unusual hot. Prepare yourself...

Edited by Birdman

wow. if this continues how do you think it will effect the "rainy" season. I live in the central US and its been around 24 degrees cel all week. so nice! but, i am prepared for my visit in june and i look forward to enduring the heat!

Ill take thai weather over Australia mid north coast any day.They've really been copping it at home, very humid,very sticky and believe me 40 degrees in Thailand is nothing compared to 40 degrees at home.Humidity is a killer.

That said i havent been here for the duration of a summer so i better not talk to soon.They say this one will be a scorcher.

Yes I feel it too.

Especially feel it in the evenings. Normally it cools a bit down in the evening,but it is still hot and humid.

Read in the Post a week or two ago that it would be very hot soon when the warmer period starts.

Im heading up towards Karasin province in a few weeks.

Cant say I look forward to it this time.