Irishman Commits Suicide At Suvarnabhumi Airport

Treborz

I have just watched the ' Cencored ' Video online.... he was on the railings for what looked a long time...

why oh why did no one help him !! .... not even the police seem to do anything??? ........

on another note, do they have english speaking staff at the airport who could have spoken to him ??? ... as he seemed very agitated, and appeared at first as if it was just a cry for help.

boater,

the news report said he taunted the Police at the railing for about 10 minutes before jumping.

I dont think it wasnt a case of the Police not doing anything to help him, I have been there with jumpers too.....no doubt he was telling them to stay back or he will jump....it takes a very skilled negotiator to speak with people in those situations.

I have just watched the ' Cencored ' Video online.... he was on the railings for what looked a long time...

why oh why did no one help him !! .... not even the police seem to do anything??? ........

on another note, do they have english speaking staff at the airport who could have spoken to him ??? ... as he seemed very agitated, and appeared at first as if it was just a cry for help.

boater,

the news report said he taunted the Police at the railing for about 10 minutes before jumping.

I dont think it wasnt a case of the Police not doing anything to help him, I have been there with jumpers too.....no doubt he was telling them to stay back or he will jump....it takes a very skilled negotiator to speak with people in those situations.

It feels as though maybe he was angry at thai people and was one of the reasons he wouldn't listen to the cops trying to talk him out of it?

Hello all, the chap in question was my mate, we came to thailand on the 8th of Feb, he was only due to saty for two weeks, he had enough money to do him for two weeks. I left him on the night of the 20th, his flight was schedueld for 2.30am on the 21st, the last thing he said was "im going for a few drinks and and then to the airport. Ill see you in Ireland whenever I see you".

We went our seperate ways, I went to a different part of thailand then, I rang his phone to see if he got his flight okay but it was off. A few days later his brother rang me from Ireland and told me the story, hit me like a ton of bricks.

Those who know who he is dont need his name, but they'll also know he wouldn't have harmed a fly, its the weirdest thing that this happened?

I cant imagine him begging for money, all he would have had to do was contact me or any of his other mates?

He had mates in Australia as well and he rang one of them, which I only found out later, and told them he missed his flight.

RIP MAN. Dont know if we'll ever know the full story.

Hello all, the chap in question was my mate, we came to thailand on the 8th of Feb, he was only due to saty for two weeks, he had enough money to do him for two weeks. I left him on the night of the 20th, his flight was schedueld for 2.30am on the 21st, the last thing he said was "im going for a few drinks and and then to the airport. Ill see you in Ireland whenever I see you".

We went our seperate ways, I went to a different part of thailand then, I rang his phone to see if he got his flight okay but it was off. A few days later his brother rang me from Ireland and told me the story, hit me like a ton of bricks.

Those who know who he is dont need his name, but they'll also know he wouldn't have harmed a fly, its the weirdest thing that this happened?

I cant imagine him begging for money, all he would have had to do was contact me or any of his other mates?

He had mates in Australia as well and he rang one of them, which I only found out later, and told them he missed his flight.

RIP MAN. Dont know if we'll ever know the full story.

Sorry for the loss of your freind

But i thought he killed himself yesterday? You said his brother rang u a few days later????

Sorry but that doesnt add up :o

he was suppossed to get his flight on saturday which is y his mate only got call off his brother a few days later, as in yesterday. fairplay to ya mate for filling in the gaps, your right never know wat really happened, hard to believe he is gone n we wont be seeing him about the village for drinks anymore :o

Very Sad RIP

But in the event this does happen to anyone and they end up in this Situation, the Embassey can Help, they have funds aviable for Air Tickets if needed.

Thanks

Do they? It was my understanding embassies generally don't offer any financial help. Or else wouldn't every bum go to the embassy and claim they have no money left?

An expatriate without funds to return home may not even be able to borrow money for a ticket from his embassy, or be unable to pay it back, or to survive when he gets back home. When these folks get suicidal, they think crazy. Sorry to hear about it

l

he's Irish.......It's a wel :o fare state

destillers, I have been told before that embassays do offer help to their citizens in certain situations but one must attend their embassy to discuss this and APPLY. Once again it is on a loan basis & it has to go thru some type of approval system & you need to repay your govt the money. I don't know how long any of this takes.

Without letting this turn into some offensive thread, a few things don't add up for me.....You stay in LOS for an extension to a short holiday, then you SUDDENLY run out of funds (how does that happen?), then you goto the airport and miss your flight (Okay that can happen) so then you start begging other tourists for money before you jump over a railing, taunt local authorities for 10 minutes before launching yourself to your death (I seem to be missing something in this last part....THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO THIS STORY).

Before someone said something about him being robbed or something, it would be interesting to know where that fits into it all. Also with most airlines if you miss your flight, due to one reason or another, they will rebook you on a later flight. I wonder who he was flying with & how often the flights run to his destination.

I always travel with a credit card, a couple of them, I don't holiday on them but they are great for emergencies, I'm wondering how many people travel without allowing an emergency funds account or something for times of trouble.

Finally, as this persons friend has already pointed out, a simple telephone call to friends could have rectified his situation, its highly likely family will be saying the same.....some things seem strange to me, there has to be more too it.