Receiving New Visa Debit Card From The Us?

1960apache

I was just informed by my bank that Fed Ex, UPS etc won't allow Debit/Credit Cards to be shipped by them because of the magnetic stripe and some kind of International Regulation BS!! I have never heard of such an outrageous statement! And yes, I even spoke with a supervisor!

I know I can have it mailed or overnighted to someone coming over on Holiday, but at the present, no one has any plans to come over!

Anyone have any advice or experience getting a replacement Debit/Visa/ATM Card from a US Bank to Thailand??

Anyway, I just have never heard of such a ridiculous ordeal! I get my direct deposit to that account so it has become a huge hassle accessing money!

I was just informed by my bank that Fed Ex, UPS etc won't allow Debit/Credit Cards to be shipped by them because of the magnetic stripe and some kind of International Regulation BS!! I have never heard of such an outrageous statement! And yes, I even spoke with a supervisor!

I know I can have it mailed or overnighted to someone coming over on Holiday, but at the present, no one has any plans to come over!

Anyone have any advice or experience getting a replacement Debit/Visa/ATM Card from a US Bank to Thailand??

Anyway, I just have never heard of such a ridiculous ordeal! I get my direct deposit to that account so it has become a huge hassle accessing money!

I received my new debit cards from my bank through the US mail with out even calling them. They send me my statements every month to my Thailand address also. I bank with BB & T. Tell them to send it regular US mail.

I received my new debit cards from my bank through the US mail with out even calling them. They send me my statements every month to my Thailand address also. I bank with BB & T. Tell them to send it regular US mail.

I have your same problem so i have them sent to my sister in the states and she mails it to me

I have your same problem so i have them sent to my sister in the states and she mails it to me

That's kind of what I am thinking, but I worry about someone grabbing them from the mail because it can be used like a Credit Card without the pin, but I guess they would have to activate it first! I would just hate to see someone clean out what is left in my account!

Ughhh, what a mess!!!

That's kind of what I am thinking, but I worry about someone grabbing them from the mail because it can be used like a Credit Card without the pin, but I guess they would have to activate it first! I would just hate to see someone clean out what is left in my account!

Ughhh, what a mess!!!

It is essentially correct that many banks (or credit card issuers) will not send cards to Thailand due to the extent of credit card fraud in the realm.

I have also had FedEx decline. I had not heard of the bit about the magnetic strip but it's plausible.

I have had my cards wrapped in aluminium (aluminim for you Limey's) foil and FexEx have accepted the consingment.

Just told the consigner to list the package as "documents"

p.s. there are a bunch of other countries to which banks will not send cards.

Edited by john b good

Interesting as ikobo uses FedEx to send its visa debit cards. Sometimes they can use DHL. This seems to be your bank's decision since it is governed by US consumer protection law which could leave it on the hook for fraud. ikobo ships from Atlanta, GA

Edited by geriatrickid

I am not sure about the magnetic stripe, But most U.S. banks will not ship to Thailand. I had 4 banks ,same answer no go from U.S. To Thailand

I have them shipped to Chicago with my sister & sent here Fed X. Pin # sent in E mail & we use a special code we decided on before hand so if it gets scryed online they would have to know the code to get the pin number. The pin number is never shipped to avoid theft. And the pin # paper is burned after it is sent out . No problems with this method for me. Just don't send the card & the pin #'s together whatever you do!