Bts To Launch Emergency Evacuation Rehearsal

george

BTS to launch emergency evacuation rehearsal

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Mass Transit System Co. (BTS), the operator

of the city's skytrain, will continue to launch its annual rehearsal on emergency evacuation of passengers

The company's rehearsal this year will be launched on 16 January at the National Stadium Station, according to Dr. Anat Apapirom, an advisor to the company's board.

"BTS, with the cooperation of agencies concerned, including Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), local police and emergency relief teams, will launch the rehearsal next Sunday at the National Stadium Station, from 06:00-07:00 a.m.", he told journalists here yesterday.

"The company will, therefore, have to temporarily close the National Stadium Station during the period, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to our passengers", he said.

BTS has opened a hotline, 02-6176000, for passengers who want to call for more detailed information.

--TNA 2005-01-11

When I was in the military, we were always running drills...and the most effective form was to have them unannounced and unscheduled. That is the only true measure of how things will occur if it does happen in reality. It's easy to "put on a show" and have every event go off without a hitch if everyone knows when it's going to happen and can plan for it.

It'd be interesting to see how the Skytrain folks would react if the drill was unscheduled.

When I was in the military, we were always running drills...and the most effective form was to have them unannounced and unscheduled. That is the only true measure of how things will occur if it does happen in reality. It's easy to "put on a show" and have every event go off without a hitch if everyone knows when it's going to happen and can plan for it.

It'd be interesting to see how the Skytrain folks would react if the drill was unscheduled.

I agree, there is nothing like panic to screw up a plan!!!!

O/T Slogan on the back of a bomb disposal guys t-shirt "I am a bomb disposal engineer, if you see me running, follow quickly" :o