Farang Caused Me To Lose Serious Face

dave9988

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I introduced a farang friend of mine to a Thai lady who is a good girl from a good family. I did so warning him not to do her wrong or make me look bad. At the time, I thought him to be a honest, worthy man. Boy was I wrong. They get into a relationship 6 months on and he ends up sleeping with another woman behind her back, completely disgracing himself. This women is important to my wife's business and I do believe that this will affect that business relationship, so on top of the loss of face I have suffered there is also a likely financial loss. I introduced him to her because I thought that even though he was a foreigner in this country, he understood the culture and would represent himself according and morally, but I guess I was wrong.

What action can I take against him legally? I have heard of slander lawsuits but not "loss of face" suits, although I imagine that they exist. I guess this might fall under slander of character? Thanks.

Fridays on TV are my favorite. Where else can you get soap operas online all day at work. Brilliant stuff this is.

oh, you were being serious? sorry.

Mate, the part about disgracing himself above, you need to learn a few things about here. That kind of behaviour is looked up upon by the locals...you should pay him for giving you face. Secondly, he should sue you for making unsubstantiated claims about him in public. Get yourself a lawyer. You might need it.

I introduced a farang friend of mine to a Thai lady who is a good girl from a good family. I did so warning him not to do her wrong or make me look bad. At the time, I thought him to be a honest, worthy man. Boy was I wrong. They get into a relationship 6 months on and he ends up sleeping with another woman behind her back, completely disgracing himself. This women is important to my wife's business and I do believe that this will affect that business relationship, so on top of the loss of face I have suffered there is also a likely financial loss. I introduced him to her because I thought that even though he was a foreigner in this country, he understood the culture and would represent himself according and morally, but I guess I was wrong.

What action can I take against him legally? I have heard of slander lawsuits but not "loss of face" suits, although I imagine that they exist. I guess this might fall under slander of character? Thanks.

Fridays on TV are my favorite. Where else can you get soap operas online all day at work. Brilliant stuff this is.

oh, you were being serious? sorry.

Mate, the part about disgracing himself above, you need to learn a few things about here. That kind of behaviour is looked up upon by the locals...you should pay him for giving you face. Secondly, he should sue you for making unsubstantiated claims about him in public. Get yourself a lawyer. You might need it.

Word... :o

....First of all, after 6 months of them being together and what not, its not on you anymore, as in, Its not your fault in ANY way that this happen. So if this "scorned Thai Lady" wants to take it out on YOU, because the guy you introduced HER 6 months ago cheated oh her..well she is dead wrong! If you feel a bit of guilt then say to this Thai lady you are sorry, you didnt know he would turn out like this etc etc, but you are also not responsible for another grown mans behavior, Period. :o

Add to that a grown womans decision to have a relationship with the a hole. She's an adult. How could any of this be your fault?

As far as you suing him, you're in Thailand now. Dog eat dog & everyman for himself. F'ing absurd.

You make me sick. This is why I left Amerika.

Actually OP, your friend is just in my office & I am going to act on his behalf. So as his Lawyer & since your here now I can tell you that we are going to launch a legal action against you on two counts:

1. You introduced my client to a dud lady, shes rejected on all counts, quality and quantity.

2. You lost face, is cluttering our front door area & people are wiping their feet on it.

You seriously need to get over yourself.

Edited by neverdie

Well I was going to let it slide after reading these comments but it turns out my wife took matters into her own hands. She sms'ed me on my mobile "I am going to handle this situation like Tiny." I had no idea what she was talking about until an hour later when it hit me. She meant Tony. She must have picked his name up from all The Sopranos episodes I would fall asleep watching. I rush into action scared at what she might do in her hatred to this farang but its too late as only minutes later I receive a call from the adulterous farang who now apparently has to kick up 100,000 baht a month if he plans to keep his remaining nine fingers. He begged me for mercy but its already out of my hands.

Edited by dave9988

Well I was going to let it slide after reading these comments but it turns out my wife took matters into her own hands. She sms'ed me on my mobile "I am going to handle this situation like Tiny." I had no idea what she was talking about until an hour later when it hit me. She meant Tony. She must have picked his name up from all The Sopranos episodes I would fall asleep watching. I rush into action scared at what she might do in her hatred to this farang but its too late as only minutes later I receive a call from the adulterous farang who now apparently has to kick up 100,000 baht a month if he plans to keep his remaining nine fingers. He begged me for mercy but its already out of my hands.

haha ok there Dave. nice try to scrape off the egg mate.

Yall are both Idiots! sorry but this is so stupid! So now YOUR WIFE is fighting for HER business friend??? Its all about money isnt it???? wow...you and your "Tiny" wannabe wife need help, if i was the other Farang and some one called me tellling me that, I would have some one call you and tell you the same thing... Dont be stupid, now everyone knows something ilegal might happen and only you are to blame....I could go on and on, but i have to go and chop someones fingers off too. :o ....dummies!

Ok I'm baffled :o

OP introduced a man to a woman.

Man is with woman for six months.

Man sleeps with alternative woman...

Where do you come into this OP???

Are you saying if I introduce two people I am responsible for their relationship from thereon in? And, if things don't work out I lose face?

What on earth are you on about???

And the Soprano thing... Mate you are smokin some baaaad <deleted>!

Report him to the Farang makes another Farang lose face police.

I also suggest that you challenge him to a duel, pistols at dawn, as your honour has been insulted.

Sorry to hear that this could affect your business. Why not give the girl 200000 baht as compensation for her suffering, that should make things all right.

OP, please don't listen to any of the answers to this thread.

I am the head partner in a multinational law firm that represents individuals whom have lost face in various situations.

Just last week we we're successful in our representation of a woman whom had forgotten to wear a bra under a white silk blouse. Of course it rained that day and she was quite embarrassed having to walk home with her breasts plainly visible, and as such we brought an action against the local weather station for failure to accurately predict the rain shower. I am very happy to report we won the case and got her well into the three figures.

Please PM me and I will provide our account number for our bank in Vanuatu for you to wire our retainer fee.

I feel we have an excellent chance of getting compensations for you.

Okay, I'm convinced that this has to be 100% troll material.

It's even written like a terrible soap opera.

Be careful about pushing people's button with this BS stuff. Someday you might want some real advice about an actual situation.

Might be an idea for TV to award a marker for those who post months years dumbest, wittiest, etc posts.

Which one would this one vie for ?

Hmmmm.... sounds ok to do....something like " the nominees for dumbest Post in TV this month are.. Dave9988 with "Farang Caused Me To Lose Serious Face" .....and so on and so on...

The nominees for best post so far this month are " NewLifeNY with "You Know You Are In Thailand When...."..and so on and so on...

But i am not sure of the ranking on this one, but i know what category it should be on.... :o

Might be an idea for TV to award a marker for those who post months years dumbest, wittiest, etc posts.

Which one would this one vie for ?

Hmmmm.... sounds ok to do....something like " the nominees for dumbest Post in TV this month are.. Dave9988 with "Farang Caused Me To Lose Serious Face" .....and so on and so on...

The nominees for best post so far this month are " NewLifeNY with "You Know You Are In Thailand When...."..and so on and so on...

But i am not sure of the ranking on this one, but i know what category it should be on.... :o

Yes? :D No? :D

What can you do (in Thailand) - NOTHING - let go and move on.

See a shrink - for your own mental health

Okay, I'm convinced that this has to be 100% troll material.

It's even written like a terrible soap opera.

Be careful about pushing people's button with this BS stuff. Someday you might want some real advice about an actual situation.

this is true, but why, in such a case, would i look here?

I have heard of slander lawsuits but not "loss of face" suits, although I imagine that they exist. I guess this might fall under slander of character? Thanks.

Yes .. if you mention his name it certainly could fall under defamation of character. His. He'd be able to sue you.

Other than that, you had no 'face' to begin with and this whole thread is troll bait.

Can I sue you for wasting my time? I didn't even smile. Nothing. Unfortunately for you, my time is more valuable to me than loss off face, so this could end up costing you millions!