Can I Catch A 17:40 Flight Back From Udon

Is it possible to pick up a visa and make it back to Udon Thani for a 5:40pm (17:40) departure time? I have done a few runs to Laos by bus, but this is the first time I'm flying.

I wanted to fly in Sunday; drop off Monday; pick up Tuesday and catch a 17:40 flight home Tuesday evening from Udon. Has anyone done it? What's the travel time from Vientiane bus station to Udon Airport. I know there's a 14:00 bus leaving Vientiane bus station. Is that cutting it too close?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I made it with plenty of time to spare, in fact I was at the airport about 3 hours early. I collected passport at 12, got tuk tuk to the border, spent maybe one hour getting through and then got in someones pickup truck to he airport. there are guys there who will take you for 200 baht each if there are three people. even getting the van to the centre of udon and then onto the airport should give plenty of time.

taking the 2pm bus might cut it fine, imagine it will be maybe 4 by the time you get into thailand as the bus has to wait for people to get through immigration, and then you need to get from town to the airport. Dont bother with this bus, make the journey yourself and you will be fine for time

I made it with plenty of time to spare, in fact I was at the airport about 3 hours early. I collected passport at 12, got tuk tuk to the border, spent maybe one hour getting through and then got in someones pickup truck to he airport. there are guys there who will take you for 200 baht each if there are three people. even getting the van to the centre of udon and then onto the airport should give plenty of time.

taking the 2pm bus might cut it fine, imagine it will be maybe 4 by the time you get into thailand as the bus has to wait for people to get through immigration, and then you need to get from town to the airport. Dont bother with this bus, make the journey yourself and you will be fine for time

Great thanks for the advice.

Cheers.

I've used that flight twice before and both times got to the airport with at least 2 hours to spare.

Don't use the bus. Take a tuk-tuk from the consulate to border and get a ride for 200 baht in the shared minivans waiting at the exit of Thai border control.