Thai Airways First Class Lounge

Rinrada

Anyone tried it yet ..wot do u recon... :o

Thai Airways First Class lounge service ranks top in latest airline ratings.

The President of Thai Airways International is on record for stating that he wants to position the airline within the top three in Asia, and that such achievement depends on many planned changes coming into effect across the airline's airport and onboard environnments.

Their latest First Class lounge standards at the home base airport in Bangkok are a sure indicator that the airline is well on it's way to achieving these changes. The THAI first class lounge was recently ranked 1st in the world for combined quality of product and service in the Skytrax 2004/5 league. Ironically, THAI will only be using the facility for the next 12 months, as the planned opening of the new international airport in Bangkok will see the airline opening newer and further improved facilities. :D

Commenting on the lounge ratings, Peter Miller of Skytrax "our lounge ratings are the result of an exacting analysis of standards. We are not interested in which airline has the largest lounges, or necessarily the most technologically advanced services - we look for the combined quality of product and service. A good airline lounge is somewhere you feel relaxed, genuinely welcome, and the expected product facilities are available."

"The airport experience is now one of the most critical elements of today's air travel enjoyment, and in First class, passenger expectations are at their highest. Customers prepared to pay these fare levels want the best quality of service - from start to finish or their journey" added Miller.

Whilst not the largest airline First class lounge, Thai Airways was commended for the high quality of furnishing and lounge ambience. "It is a relaxing lounge" said Skytrax. Staff service is efficient but not intrusive. Washrooms are beautifully presented with an extensive choice of L'Occitane amenities - in lounge catering offers an array of cold buffet food as well as hot dishes prepared to passenger requests.

To help alleviate the general stresses of flying, customers can also enjoy neck and foot massage services during their lounge stay. Internet facilities are available, and for those with longer stays in the lounge, Thai Airways provide personal DVD players with a range of movies to enjoy.

The top airlines in the First Class lounge category :

1st - Thai Airways Int'l

2nd -South African Airways

3rd - Cathay Pacific

4th - Emirates

5th - Gulf Air

6th - Singapore Airlines

more....

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/301104-thai.htm

The President of Thai Airways International is on record for stating that he wants to position the airline within the top three in Asia, and that such achievement depends on many planned changes coming into effect across the airline's airport and onboard environnments.

Their latest First Class lounge standards at the home base airport in Bangkok are a sure indicator that the airline is well on it's way to achieving these changes. The THAI first class lounge was recently ranked 1st in the world for combined quality of product and service in the Skytrax 2004/5 league. Ironically, THAI will only be using the facility for the next 12 months, as the planned opening of the new international airport in Bangkok will see the airline opening newer and further improved facilities. :D 

Commenting on the lounge ratings, Peter Miller of Skytrax "our lounge ratings are the result of an exacting analysis of standards. We are not interested in which airline has the largest lounges, or necessarily the most technologically advanced services - we look for the combined quality of product and service. A good airline lounge is somewhere you feel relaxed, genuinely welcome, and the expected product facilities are available."

"The airport experience is now one of the most critical elements of today's air travel enjoyment, and in First class, passenger expectations are at their highest. Customers prepared to pay these fare levels want the best quality of service - from start to finish or their journey" added Miller.

Whilst not the largest airline First class lounge, Thai Airways was commended for the high quality of furnishing and lounge ambience. "It is a relaxing lounge" said Skytrax. Staff service is efficient but not intrusive. Washrooms are beautifully presented with an extensive choice of L'Occitane amenities - in lounge catering offers an array of cold buffet food as well as hot dishes prepared to passenger requests.

To help alleviate the general stresses of flying, customers can also enjoy neck and foot massage services during their lounge stay. Internet facilities are available, and for those with longer stays in the lounge, Thai Airways provide personal DVD players with a range of movies to enjoy.

1st - Thai Airways Int'l

3rd - Cathay Pacific

4th - Emirates

5th - Gulf Air

6th - Singapore Airlines

more....

I used it a few weeks ago and thought it was 'fine' - good service but hardly in the "blow me off my feet" category. Nice ambience and not too large. Toilets were a major improvement over the old ones but no showers. SQ first class lounge at Changi and CX First Class in HKG are both better in my opinion and have better selection of food & drink however TG does score well with the personalised service to your seat and wide range of international newspapers, whereas the others are help yourself affairs and locally printed newspapers only.

1st - Thai Airways Int'l

3rd - Cathay Pacific

4th - Emirates

5th - Gulf Air

6th - Singapore Airlines

more....

I used it a few weeks ago and thought it was 'fine' - good service but hardly in the "blow me off my feet" category. Nice ambience and not too large. Toilets were a major improvement over the old ones but no showers. SQ first class lounge at Changi and CX First Class in HKG are both better in my opinion and have better selection of food & drink however TG does score well with the personalised service to your seat and wide range of international newspapers, whereas the others are help yourself affairs and locally printed newspapers only.

I agree. For mine it is a bit cramped. I preferred the old lounge ( but the service was not too good in the old lounge )

I don't know about the first class lounge, but the business class one, near gate 15 has a long way to go.

Crowded.

No wireless internet. "Sorry not working, you can walk to the other end of the terminal to the other lounge......."

Well done THAI.

I don't know about the first class lounge, but the business class one, near gate 15 has a long way to go.

Crowded.

No wireless internet.  "Sorry not working, you can walk to the other end of the terminal to the other lounge......." 

Well done THAI.

on last visit they had no "soop lice" or pot noodles but quite like those little thai style sausages rolls with what ever they put in them. :D

Recon i am the one that leaves all them ground in flaky crumbs on the carpets that gives the cleaners nightmares trying to pick em up. :o

Crowded.

No wireless internet.  "Sorry not working, you can walk to the other end of the terminal to the other lounge......." 

Well done THAI.

Well technology is not exactly TG's forte. Even in the first class lounge they just have a PC in the corner and unless they have changed policy, you still have to pay to use it for internet access. Wireless? Not sure they even know what that is :o

Oh and if you think that business class lounge is crowded, try the small TG one in terminal two I think that has windows overlooking the gates and down the stairs from the main terminal level. Hopeless and way overcrowded.

I agree - I use the one down near Gate 32 even when I'm flying out of Gate 11... I assume that they are going to renovate the lounge near Gate 15 to the same standards as the other one but I've no idea when - anyone got any idea?

I assume that they are going to renovate the lounge near Gate 15 to the same standards as the other one but I've no idea when - anyone got any idea?

I can't imagine why they would want to waste money refurbishing any more lounges at Don Muang if the new airport is actually scheduled to open within a year or so.

I assume that they are going to renovate the lounge near Gate 15 to the same standards as the other one but I've no idea when - anyone got any idea?

I can't imagine why they would want to waste money refurbishing any more lounges at Don Muang if the new airport is actually scheduled to open within a year or so.

That one was refurbished last year.(checked map)

Visit before last one (about May- june)we tried to use it but it was a bit of a building site and half of it O-O-O.

Last trip in Oct was OK. :D

As you say why do anymore work on them at Don M.when the New Su-Wanna is supposed to open later THIS year :D:o

http://www.thaiair.com/Travel_Destination_...hid_lounges.htm

I like the TG First Class lounge even though its small... because of the salmon sandwiches and the massage center.....However, even if Im flying First, I sometimes go the large two story (renovated) TG business class lounge in the middle of the terminal....I avoid the one near Gate 15 cause its old.....

But I have to admit that Cathay Pacific's lounges in HK (Pier or Wing) are the best!

In my opinion much better than Singapore's...

I hope TG will have great lounges in the new airport to open this year or next.......

Yes, it will be interesting to see how well they deck out their new lounges at the new airport.

As long as they have free wireless internet that actually works, I'll be happy.

However, for the business class lounge, I'd like to see a decent one overlooking the tarmac. Can't stand these windowless dungeons like the one near gate 15.

Also would be keen to see them upgrade the snack selection. As Rinrada was mentioning the crumbs earlier - I dont know why they keep enduring with these oily flaky pastry surprises, they're awful, and they keep repeating on you in-flight.

picky picky :o

The new TG lounge on the way to gates 50 etc (near the Qantas Club) seems very good to me. As others have said, not a patch on the CX lounges in HKG, but then, what is?

I'd say that the new TG lounge is more or less on a par with the newly renovated PPS Club lounge at Changi, which I went into this week, and that surely makes it a big improvement over the old ones??

Still room for improvement but any progress is welcome. Now if only they could do something about their aircraft seats ......

I loathe Thai. Nice stewardesses - and that's it. They are the only airline I know that refuses to give airmiles if you join the frquent flyers club inflight or when you land. One friend who is a member didn't get miles for not stating clearly her membership no. when purchasing the ticket beforehand. Business class lounge is also very average.

:o:D Utter morons in the management there. It may not be a Garuda, but it'll never be a Sing Air either; delusions of grandeur.

The optimist in me didn't think of it that way. The realist in me also doesn't expect the new airport to open on time either so thought they may do something...

I guess with all the things I've heard about Thai improving inflight entertainment, etc. in 2005 I got carried away and hoped that they may improve the Gate 15 lounge... :o

The optimist in me didn't think of it that way. The realist in me also doesn't expect the new airport to open on time either so thought they may do something...

I guess with all the things I've heard about Thai improving inflight entertainment, etc. in 2005 I got carried away and hoped that they may improve the Gate 15 lounge... :o

Yeah dont hold your breath - we have been waiting for the new business class seats for only 4 years and still no sign of when they are coming. Must be very very special seats that take 4 years to make.....

The problem is that they are trying to fit 42"plasma TVs into the back of the seats :D

Oh thats ok then - I had assumed some air force bosses had stumbled on a great deal in 'exchange & mart' or 'used airline trader' offering re-conditioned 30 year old but hardly used tanks, oops sorry business class seats for a bargain US$50,000 a piece with a full supply of spare parts and they had been trying to orchestrate how TG would actually end up paying just $49,999 - thereby getting a fantastic deal and providing retirement benefits for some of the top brass :o

On the other hand, I was very surprised when they refurbished the piers at Don Muang for the 30's and 40's gates and also built the new pier that contains the 50's gates. Seems to me that sort of construction would not have occurred in most places with the opening of a new airport (supposedly) imminent. Seems like Airports of Thailand were hedging their bets to some degree.

The lounges we are talking about here are airside and legally/technically (5-5-5) in international "airspace"so probitation laws should not apply.

So in reality what it means if you really want/dieing for a beer between the "holy hours" then you can nip up to the airport and buy a cheap day return to Chiangers,Udon,Piss and hav a luk or somewhere that you dont particulary wanna visit and just sit in one of the "going away" bars for the afternoon and forget about the flights.(no beer on CM budgies anyway)

It might seem a bit extreme but if the same restrictions are applied to Bangkoks run of the mill gin joints and hotels...who knows

:o