What Is The Latest Rule For A Thai Limited Company?

My understanding of the current regulations for registering a Thai limited company is that there must be at least 3 shareholders, of which one must be Thai (either person or jurisdic entity). Is that correct?

Assuming I got that part right, what is the situation for a tourism business in terms of shareholdings? I think I am correct in that for a hotel business, the non-Thai shareholders can actually be majority shareholders.

I ask because (praying to God, Buddha and anyone else), I am getting very near to buying my 'ex' out from her holding in our airport hotel. So, assuming that I am able to buy her out, I need to understand how I can structure a new Thai limited company which will assume ownership of the existing hotel business.

If I understand correctly about foreigner majority share ownership for a tourism business, then I would be holding 98% of the new business, with my ex holding 1% and another shareholder (maybe my son) holding 1%.

If majority shareholding is not possible for me then I presume that I structure the voting shares as preference shares for myself etc.

Thanks for any advice

Simon