China Airlines

Rinrada

Talk about changing my old fav China Airlines (Taiwan-yeah-goldie card) to avoid confusion with all of the up and coming new China "easyjets"airlines.

Air China,China Southern,China Dolls,China Cups,China and his mates etc.which I suppose makes sense.

Think of all of the guys on the way to Bangers from Amsterdam and after a couple of beers realise that they are really going to Peking,Shenzance (Penzance)or some godforsaken place like Urimechi :o

Hey mate wheres soi cowboy?......in Cantonese......eh what? :D

Suggested new lingo for "Taiwan Airlines" although I recon " Formosa Airlines "

sounds better..

anyway wot do u recon on a new name for you second favourite Tin budgy outfit?

China Airlines faces the prospect of having to adopt a new name for the airline

President Chen Shui-bian of Taiwan has proposed that the country changes the names of all government agencies to "Taiwan" in two years. Taiwan's Premier Yu Shyi-kun pledged to honor Chen's call and start implementing the policy.

Taiwan sees the move as a way of lessening confusion of their companies with those on the Chinese mainland - China Airlines of course being very similar in title to that of Air China based in Beijing.

No financial implications have been revealed, and in the case of China Airlines the company must surely attribute considerable worth to it's brand name. Ally to that the costs of actually implementing the changes, and the airline faces yet more upheaval.

Those familiar with China Airlines will know that it is only in recent years that they have completed a re-branding exercise to project their current image.

"I'm calling on the agencies concerned to handle the matter in accordance with the regulations and we'll also conduct an evaluation on the measure," said Taiwan's Premier, Yu Shyi-kun.

Taiwan's other major airline, EVA Air would not of course be affected by the proposed namke changes.

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/071204-china.htm

Absol.right there...also believe that there is a "Taiwan Airlines" but cant find the download for the F.F.Club. :D

So how about ..Chiang Kai Shek international Airlines,Alternative Mainline Airways, Dont want to play with China Air transport systems or maybe just simply ......no... :o I wont say airlines :D

Wot-ever I still got a soft spot for old C.I.for all the times I used to get courier flights to Bangers from UK for @ £250 :D appy days :D

They're the cheapest for me to fly out of Seattle..... but their past safety record doesn't inspire me. Mainland Chinese airlines are twice as bad though.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/asia.htm

cv

Great info site..Also have you noticed that most/all of their "accidents"tended to happen between Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Glad I fly from the other direction...so thats all right then..innit :o

• 1 month later...

Apparently China Airlines holds the dubious honour of being the only airline to ever take a 747 past the speed of sound. Off the coast of California in 1985 someone disconnected the autopilot and it went into an uncontrolled spin, did at leat one full 360 degree roll, losing several control surfaces in the process before regaining control at 9000ft. The aircraft briefly went supersonic during the incident. :D

Still wanna fly 'em? :o

cv

Apparently China Airlines holds the dubious honour of being the only airline to ever take a 747 past the speed of sound. Off the coast of California in 1985 someone disconnected the autopilot and it went into an uncontrolled spin, did at leat one full 360 degree roll, losing several control surfaces in the process before regaining control at 9000ft. The aircraft briefly went supersonic during the incident.  :D

Still wanna fly 'em? :o

cv

As a matter of fact, yes.

Two years ago, flying out of Anchorage, Alaska, (that's their refueling stop on their Taipei to New York), they decided to take off from a taxi way, the tower decided not to intervene as it may only confuse them further. The gear actually left marks in a snow bream piled at the perimeter fencing. All Internationals flying in US air space are required to have adequate communication skills( ie, English), apparently they were some issues in this area.

Anyway I actually talked to the flight engineer at a pilots pub ("F Street", Anchorage AK), he informed there was a technical reason for taking off from the taxiway and it was the right call.

Then several years back they lost a 747 near Taipei, it was due to be sold to another carrier.

They're pretty much the only show in town (Anchorage) if you want a straight route to the LOS, instead of flying down the coast and then over. I'm been flying with them the past eight years or so.

All that aside, I'm going to get that upgrade if it kills me ...

OK, the new name ... Golden Happy Sunshine Airlines ... mod8(smoking%20pipe)a.gif