Go To Court For Visa Extension, Anyone Done It?

Right ive been to immigration at jomtien and the only way im gonna get this visa extension is to goto court and do whatever i have to do there to get proof im the father and will take care the baby forever.

Has anyone gone through this ordeal who can tell me the best way to proceed. i presume i just got to sign something in front of a judge, why would i need to pay expensive lawyer fees for that and how long does it take to get a court date for this, of course i wil be going to the court to ask but just wondered who has done it yet. thanks

Right ive been to immigration at jomtien and the only way im gonna get this visa extension is to goto court and do whatever i have to do there to get proof im the father and will take care the baby forever.

Has anyone gone through this ordeal who can tell me the best way to proceed. i presume i just got to sign something in front of a judge, why would i need to pay expensive lawyer fees for that and how long does it take to get a court date for this, of course i wil be going to the court to ask but just wondered who has done it yet. thanks

Has your son got your name on the Thai birth cert and has he also got a UK pasport as he would be entitled to it even if you have not married ( I am thinking you are a UK subject and not already married) you should also get him a UK birth cert.

It depends on what immigration want from you. Proof you are the legal father or proof that you have sole custosy. Although the first should be enough, some offices require that you have sole custody.

Being recognised as the father can be done at the amphur, although soem require you will go to court if the child is very young. For sole custody you will have to go to court. The court procedings will take about a month.

It depends on what immigration want from you. Proof you are the legal father or proof that you have sole custosy. Although the first should be enough, some offices require that you have sole custody.

Being recognised as the father can be done at the amphur, although soem require you will go to court if the child is very young. For sole custody you will have to go to court. The court procedings will take about a month.

Im on the birth certificate and done everything i can so far but jomtien require i go to court , they will accept nothing less. I just need to know what they require or what the procedure is in court......you say it takes 1 month.......is that to get a court date or is that after ive been court that i get some letter/document?? Has anyone here done this yet as will make it easier for me to do the same?

Why do i require a lawyer? immigration told my girlfriend that it costs 25k baht and he had a lawyer i could use... i bet he has!!....and if i did it with someone else then would take about 6 months...<deleted>!

I dont think they want proof of sole custody as the new rules just say that extension is for taking care of child, which is what i will be doing and dont want/require sole custody......we will probably get married but i dont like immigration telling me to do it to make it easier for them!

Another member reported it took one month to complete the process of getting sole custody. But of course it will depend on the court also. Some are bussier then others.

If they don't want sole custody, then it is a different procedure. You then have to legalise the child as yours. If you are not married being on the birth certificate is not enough, you also have to be the one who registered the birth at the amphur. If yu ddn't do that yourself then you are not considered the legal father, as anyone can name you on the BC as the father. Only when you registered the birth yourself you acknowledge that you are the father.

Normaly when the child is older then 7 this can be done at the amphur, if younger you will have to go to court.

Jomtien is a joke. I was there and they now have this UK guy, Barry Kenyon or whatever licking the ground clean so the Thais can walk on it. What a waste of space. For example, the law is 400k, not 405k or 607k but 400k. Now Somchai says Pattaya want 500k (which to me makes more sense as roughly 12 x 40k) but the law says 400k. Utter crap. Doesn't worry me on the numbers but BK doesn't know anything about situations like this and the Thais don't understand either. He just confuses matters and reinforces the Thais' beliefs that they are right when they are clearly wrong.

If your partner lives in another province, then go there and do it there. Korat for instance does understand and will sort it out if you live there. Pattaya / Jomtien is just a money pit for the police coffers.

I mentioned your query to a mate of mine who went through a somewhat similar situation, though upcountry not Pattaya. And the first thing he said was, “He needs a lawyer and it’ll probably cost him around 25,000 baht.”

My mate’s impression is that Immigration does not always trust birth certificates – too many forgeries about. The court appearance will be more than just signing a piece of paper. The court wants to be assured that whatever custody action they take will best benefit the child. If the child is old enough they will ask him/her to point out their father in the court room and if not then there will likely be additional evidence/documentation – etc. - required. And of course the whole procedure will be conducted in Thai.

He used his Pattaya lawyer even though the court hearing was held upcountry. PM me if want the lawyer’s name.

-redwood

Another member reported it took one month to complete the process of getting sole custody. But of course it will depend on the court also. Some are bussier then others.

If they don't want sole custody, then it is a different procedure. You then have to legalise the child as yours. If you are not married being on the birth certificate is not enough, you also have to be the one who registered the birth at the amphur. If yu ddn't do that yourself then you are not considered the legal father, as anyone can name you on the BC as the father. Only when you registered the birth yourself you acknowledge that you are the father.

Normaly when the child is older then 7 this can be done at the amphur, if younger you will have to go to court.

I personally registered the birth at the city hall and amphur although amphur didnt give any paperwork but city hall gave certificate alll in thai ofcourse but with my name in thai as the father.

i guess the court thing is then to legalise it but 25k is a bit steep just to got there and get a bit of paper .......the baby has just been born so i dont expect she can point me out yet.

To be honest its probably easier and cheaper if i just fly to uk and get a year from hull, than deal with all this bullshit, they make the rules and then just do what they want anyway.

Il visit the court and see what they say..maybe give the judge 10k under the table and get it on the spot!!! worth a try anyway.