Pcd Air Quality Readings

earlofwindermere

I'm not sure if this has been answered before but on the PCD website, there are three readings for Chiang Mai. (Chiang Mai, Chiangmai and Upparaj). I know where Upparaj (Yupparaj) school is but I'd like to know where the other two locations are. I heard that one is at City Hall. Does anyone know where the other two locations are exactly?

THanks,

I'm not sure if this has been answered before but on the PCD website, there are three readings for Chiang Mai. (Chiang Mai, Chiangmai and Upparaj). I know where Upparaj (Yupparaj) school is but I'd like to know where the other two locations are. I heard that one is at City Hall. Does anyone know where the other two locations are exactly?

THanks,

Whatever the readings are, I'm sure they will be frightfully bad.

According to the information I have, which should be countds on as reliable, the three monitoring stations are located, as follows:

"Chiang Mai" Near the provincial office

"Chiangmai" At Pu Ping palace high on Doi Suthep

"Uparaj" At Uparaj College in the old city

A couple of years ago, around the time of the awful March 2007 pollution, it was reported that there was also a mobile unit in the province.

• 2 years later...

According to the information I have, which should be countds on as reliable, the three monitoring stations are located, as follows:

"Chiang Mai" Near the provincial office

"Chiangmai" At Pu Ping palace high on Doi Suthep

"Uparaj" At Uparaj College in the old city

A couple of years ago, around the time of the awful March 2007 pollution, it was reported that there was also a mobile unit in the province.

What provincial office is that?

Do you or anybody else know where Uparaj College is? Perhaps the name of some other "better known" place around the same

area would be easier to find via e.g., Google?

There's only one site in current use, on the way to Mae Rim. It's where the new jail is, does that help? :)

Do you or anybody else know where Uparaj College is? Perhaps the name of some other "better known" place around the same

It's Yupparat College. Can't get any better known than that.

(But for any readers who prefer their all directions relative to bars, the following: start at John's Place, across from Spotlight. Drive along Moon Muang past Thapae Gate, then take a left at Kafe towards the Irish Pub. Then at the second traffic lights near the Three Kings Monument (Sorry, no bar here, but before you get to the old jail) you turn right, towards where the Queen VIctoria Pub used to be. Can't miss it. :) )

EDIT: I hope this demonstrates the limitation of using bars as a frame of reference for directions. Alternatively of course, someone could open a bar at the old provincial offices. Or better: *AT* the old provincial offices, which aren't really in use. Well, one of them has a museum in it, but clearly it would be much better if it housed a Chiang Mai version of Nana Plaza. If only because it would aid giving directions.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

There's only one site in current use, on the way to Mae Rim. It's where the new jail is, does that help? :)

It's Yupparat College. Can't get any better known than that.

(But for any readers who prefer their all directions relative to bars, the following: start at John's Place, across from Spotlight. Drive along Moon Muang past Thapae Gate, then take a left at Kafe towards the Irish Pub. Then at the second traffic lights near the Three Kings Monument (Sorry, no bar here, but before you get to the old jail) you turn right, towards where the Queen VIctoria Pub used to be. Can't miss it. :) )

EDIT: I hope this demonstrates the limitation of using bars as a frame of reference for directions. Alternatively of course, someone could open a bar at the old provincial offices. Or better: *AT* the old provincial offices, which aren't really in use. Well, one of them has a museum in it, but clearly it would be much better if it housed a Chiang Mai version of Nana Plaza. If only because it would aid giving directions.

Very helpful, thanks. I hate when people give me directions based on schools. As I didn't grow up here, wasn't educated here, and don't have school aged children, I have no idea where any of these are located and really no reason to know. Using more well know landmarks is so much more helpful. Road names, monuments, gates, well know restaurants and pubs, etc (which is essentially what you did)are perfect.. Especially helpful if you can include usage of cardinal directions as well. I think the majority of the readers know where Thapae Gate is located. Most probably wont know where (insert random little private school here) is located.

-Mestizo