What Do U Think Of The Trio Condo?

nokia

It's location is fine but I wouldn't buy there.

That building sat empty and un-maintained for over 10 years, didn't it?

I see no reason to be wary of renting there.

Hi CM folks,

What do you think of the new Trio Condo along Huay Kaew Rd?

I did some research, and found it's refurbished & used to be called VIP Tower a decade ago.

Any comments on it?

Hi CM folks,

What do you think of the new Trio Condo along Huay Kaew Rd?

I did some research, and found it's refurbished & used to be called VIP Tower a decade ago.

Any comments on it?

The company Karnkanok is doing a number of projects near the new convention center like Ban Saam Greenery Hill and the already completed Karnkanok III and they seem to do good quality and use some fairly new features like fingerprint security.

With that old VIP building I would be concerned they really could update things like plumbing but maybe they have done it well. If nothing else that old building has to be full of crazy ghosts.

Also it's right across the street from the Chiang Mai Hills hotel so no problem going for a sex mongers massage.

Karnkanok web site

• 1 year later...

I'd like to revive this thread with news from anyone who lives there now/looked at it. I have heard that the plumbing system isn't great, but that's through a friend of a friend so not sure. If you don't recommend Trio, why, and where do you recommend that is in the same price class?

Punna is doing a project on Huay Kaew. Prices to come out next month. I imagine it will be 2-3 times more expensive than Trio...

I'd like to revive this thread with news from anyone who lives there now/looked at it. I have heard that the plumbing system isn't great, but that's through a friend of a friend so not sure. If you don't recommend Trio, why, and where do you recommend that is in the same price class?

Punna is doing a project on Huay Kaew. Prices to come out next month. I imagine it will be 2-3 times more expensive than Trio...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the units in Trio that I've looked at on the web appear to have any balconies.....

• 1 month later...

A 3 star condo that charges as a 5 star. Only been open a few months. Swimming pool un-useable for over 2 months. Jacussi frequently dirty and empty. Furnifure round pool broken for over two months. Very weak management. Definately not a place to buy. Plumbing poor. most condos have balconies although many are small and an odd shape' not very user friendly. O.K. in you don't mind paying for the communal facilities which are un-usable. If they put in a manager and spent a little money then place could quickly be turned round but no signs of that happening. I pity anyone thats bourght. It looked smart in December but you have to do the maintainance.

• 7 months later...

A 3 star condo that charges as a 5 star. Only been open a few months. Swimming pool un-useable for over 2 months. Jacussi frequently dirty and empty. Furnifure round pool broken for over two months. Very weak management. Definately not a place to buy. Plumbing poor. most condos have balconies although many are small and an odd shape' not very user friendly. O.K. in you don't mind paying for the communal facilities which are un-usable. If they put in a manager and spent a little money then place could quickly be turned round but no signs of that happening. I pity anyone thats bourght. It looked smart in December but you have to do the maintainance.

I want to rent for about 1 year to give me plenty of time to look around for something

to buy - maybe new.

What about The Trio as far as renting for 1 year and why did CobraSnakeNecktie say

" If nothing else that old building has to be full of crazy ghosts."? :lol::vampire:

If you decide to live in this area... be prepared for nightly LOUD Music. Not good music just LOUD until as late as 2 a.m. each night.

You have many many bars that we can hear from almost 1 km away. We live right next to Kad Suan Kaew Mall and we can hear the noise from all the way to the Food Festival located on Canal ROAD.

It takes us 20 - 30 minutes to walk there but you can hear the music and noise like you were at the BAR somethings.

Actually standing in front of the Bar seems quiter than the noise at our condo on the 14th floor.

Not sure why... just a fact.

We used to live at Chang Klan Residence right off Chang Klan Road. Nice size room for 8,000 baht.

Get some noise in the day time from the school but much quiter at night or so it was a year ago.

Highly reccommend spending some time at NIGHT near where you want to RENT to give you an idea if there is a KARAKOE bar right down the road.

Good luck with your search.

If you decide to live in this area... be prepared for nightly LOUD Music. Not good music just LOUD until as late as 2 a.m. each night.

You have many many bars that we can hear from almost 1 km away. We live right next to Kad Suan Kaew Mall and we can hear the noise from all the way to the Food Festival located on Canal ROAD.

It takes us 20 - 30 minutes to walk there but you can hear the music and noise like you were at the BAR somethings.

Actually standing in front of the Bar seems quiter than the noise at our condo on the 14th floor.

Not sure why... just a fact.

We used to live at Chang Klan Residence right off Chang Klan Road. Nice size room for 8,000 baht.

Get some noise in the day time from the school but much quiter at night or so it was a year ago.

Highly reccommend spending some time at NIGHT near where you want to RENT to give you an idea if there is a KARAKOE bar right down the road.

Good luck with your search.

thanks for that warning ! :)