Dream World Bangkok

sillybilly

Flying into Bangkok early April with a good friend and her 2 daughters (10 and 16) and was thinking of taking them to Dream world in Bangkok. :D Has anybody been before and would like to share what they thought of it?? Would the kids and my friend enjoy themselves and should they bring bathers?? How long to see everything??

Any other places you can think of that the children may want to see...?

space.gif3573.jpg

Wonder World Fun Park

Rides include Thailand's first centre-less ferris wheel, a rodeo bull, 'Red Baron', 'Ball House', a carousel, and the 'Crazy Bus'. Adrenalin junkies are recommended to try the 'Tower Shot' and 'Tower Drop', where they'll be sent off into the sky and dropped to the ground at exhilarating speed. Kids will love the 'Water Symphony', a spectacular musical fountain combining light and sound. Don't forget to watch out for concerts and events, which are held regularly at the 'Wonder World Stage'.

Hungry crowds are also well-catered for as Wonder World Fun Park offers a food center and The Buffet Terrace, an international buffet where, for 150 baht, a great variety of tasty international dishes can be enjoyed. The park is planning to unveil more exciting rides and attractions this year, so expect scream squeezers such as the 'AS1 Simulator', 'Tornado Coaster', 'G-Force', 'Sling Shot', 'Windmill', 'Garden Rafting', 'Locomotive Train', and 'Slalom Coaster'.

Location: 41 Kanchanapisek Road, Khannayao (opposite Fashion Island)

Open: Monday to Friday, 17:00 - 23:00, weekends 11:00 - 23:00

Admission: Free to the park (rides extra)

Check out this site..http://www.bangkok.com/kids-fun-amusement-parks/index.html

You will find heaps to do here.Have fun!!

space.gif3573.jpg

Wonder World Fun Park

Rides include Thailand's first centre-less ferris wheel, a rodeo bull, 'Red Baron', 'Ball House', a carousel, and the 'Crazy Bus'. Adrenalin junkies are recommended to try the 'Tower Shot' and 'Tower Drop', where they'll be sent off into the sky and dropped to the ground at exhilarating speed. Kids will love the 'Water Symphony', a spectacular musical fountain combining light and sound. Don't forget to watch out for concerts and events, which are held regularly at the 'Wonder World Stage'.

Hungry crowds are also well-catered for as Wonder World Fun Park offers a food center and The Buffet Terrace, an international buffet where, for 150 baht, a great variety of tasty international dishes can be enjoyed. The park is planning to unveil more exciting rides and attractions this year, so expect scream squeezers such as the 'AS1 Simulator', 'Tornado Coaster', 'G-Force', 'Sling Shot', 'Windmill', 'Garden Rafting', 'Locomotive Train', and 'Slalom Coaster'.

Location: 41 Kanchanapisek Road, Khannayao (opposite Fashion Island)

Open: Monday to Friday, 17:00 - 23:00, weekends 11:00 - 23:00

Admission: Free to the park (rides extra)

Check out this site..http://www.bangkok.com/kids-fun-amusement-parks/index.html

You will find heaps to do here.Have fun!!

try also safari world. i dont know if a 10 year old will get a charge of hand feeding a giraffe, but i certainly did.

my two year old was pretty chuffed as well.

the 16 year old wont like anything.

better yet take them wakeboarding or waterskiing

totalentertainment.co.th.

run by an american, one of the instructeor is currently 6th on the US pro tour.

beautiful state of the art boat too.

I am out there every chance i get, no other interest in the operation, i just enjoy the place.

Edited by t.s

• 5 weeks later...

I have taken my daughter to Dreamworld twice - almost unwillingly funny in its low-budget, Disney ripoff style, but the kids love it - and thats the important part! An btw the rides seems pretty ok, as far as maintainence goes. Latest, I took her to Suan Siam, a place that have a bad history with accidents, but from my pow (im scandinavian, where we have VERY high security standards) it seemed at least as good as Dreamworld. And I now prefer Suan Siam. OK, in Suan Siam there is no 7-11 and KFC´s, only Thai food - but we live in Thailand right? Instead there´s also a water land, with many different rides and you can even rent bathing suits - cheap, so dont bother to bring. The mechanical rides are better and the price is the same - in my oppinion, go to Suan Siam anyday!

I haven't been to the "new and improved" suan siam yet but I've also heard good things about it. Went to Dreamworld for the first time last weekend...quite impressed. Kids love the "mouse" rollercoaster, no height restriction on that one. Many rides do have a 110cm height restriction though including the water rides which seem harmless, so your 500 baht unlimited rides child's ticket may not be good value for money if they're under that height.

Queuing is not bad there, staff seem vigilant, water rides give you waterproofs to wear and best of all....the snow park! Go in there and slide down a big slope in a rubber ring. It's fast.

I have a big issue with Dreamworld, though others may disagree. They practice double pricing and I refuse to support businesses that do this. This is a private company and this type of business practice should not be supported.

Edited by Furbie

Dream world is good fun for the kids if you have a Thai ATM or Thai DL they let you pay the same entrance fee as Thais,

Snow world was extra when i went but was worth it just to see my wife and daughter shiver at -10c

Colino

Ps its just the traffice getting there can be a pain before 9.30 am

First time I went to Dream World, I was with a bunch of coworkers when I found out they did dual pricing. I wasn't going to turn around at that point. Funny thing was the dual price was a better deal if you rode the rides a lot. The Thai price was for a limited number of rides while the foreigner price was unlimited. We were all having fun riding the bumper cars when most of the Thais decided to stop and the farang continued. They said they had used up the number of rides and if they kept riding it would be something like 20 baht per ride. Next time I went to Dream World I showed them an insurance card and they gave me the Thai/local price.

As far as safety, there is one ride there that happens to be near a tree. While on the ride, I felt something scratch the back of my neck a couple of times. It was a long leaf at the end of a tree branch. I'm tall but not that tall.

Any way, Dream World is a nice place to take kids or go on a date.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone suggest me as i'm planning to send my 7 & 4 years old kids to Dream World.

I saw package tour for 1000 bht. each ( don't know yet about the kids though ) and which would be more

convenient for us of 4 family members ?? Thanks in advance.

Dreamworld isn't a great theme park, but it's a nice day out with the right company.

Snowtown is good for anyone who has never experienced the cold (take socks).

Look on Youtube for some vids of it.

Dream world is a great place for rich kids that can afford to blow Bt2000 a day or more, a bit expensive in my view for the average Thai Child. :)

Interesting....

Right now, it appears that Dreamworld is offering a package for 1.000 baht.

Dream World Package

One Entry with Re-riding, Snow Town, Buffet Lunch include Round Trips Transfer from any hotel whitin Bangkok. Only THB. 1,000

Dream world is a great place for rich kids that can afford to blow Bt2000 a day or more, a bit expensive in my view for the average Thai Child. :D

Thanks everyone for your kind replies. As my (2) cousins from spore will join us and thus there'll be 4 adults & 2 kids. Which option would be better renting a car of our own for round trip from hotel to Dream world ?? or just following Dream World 's package ?? If I can save money, it'd be better isn't it ? :)

Dreamworld isn't a great theme park, but it's a nice day out with the right company.

Would it be a good place to take a date? :)

RAZZ

Not so far from Bangkok on the way to Pattaya is the SRI RACHA TIGER ZOO, they have some nice attractions if children, youngsters are interested in animals and contact with them.

I was today there and 2 times before with my smaller boys which liked it.

In the moment there is the possibility to touch, make fotos 150 B. on 3 different places in the Tiger zoo, cubs as young as 1 month can be touched, cuddlet.

As well as feeding a large group of Baby Tigers with milkbottles 50 B.

Fotos with two funny dressed Orang Utans and Bambi, Crocodile and so on.

The price is worth it, many shows, Tiger, crocs, Elefants, Pigs, feeding crocs ect.

I like it there.

Not so far from Bangkok on the way to Pattaya is the SRI RACHA TIGER ZOO, they have some nice attractions if children, youngsters are interested in animals and contact with them.

In the moment there is the possibility to touch, make fotos 150 B. on 3 different places in the Tiger zoo, cubs as young as 1 month can be touched, cuddlet.

The price is worth it, many shows, Tiger, crocs, Elefants, Pigs, feeding crocs ect.

I like it there.

That's nice, i haven't hear about it before. Thanks for your suggestion.

:)

I like it there.

I get really ticked off by people who think that dressing up animals for display is in some way "cute" – and especially by people who take their children to such displays thereby perpetuating the same pathetic, shameful attitude in their minds.

In addition I would never allow my children close to any “tamed” wild animal – for example there have been instances at that Zoo where people have been attacked by the tiger when it was startled.

Patrick

Would it be a good place to take a date? :)

RAZZ

Yes, i would say so. In fact there are some photo props there for couples..

I'll show the 16 year old around :D My girlfriend is only a little older :D

Flying into Bangkok early April with a good friend and her 2 daughters (10 and 16) and was thinking of taking them to Dream world in Bangkok. :D Has anybody been before and would like to share what they thought of it?? Would the kids and my friend enjoy themselves and should they bring bathers?? How long to see everything??

• 3 weeks later...

Mr p Brownstone,

its not a perfect world,

But maybe your Posting and suggestions will make it a better place. There are also a lot of poor dogs and cats on the roads and beaches in TH maybe look there first!

Good luck! Heal the world! You should also open your mouth whenever you see a circus or Zoo anywhere Mr.Pope Benedict!

Mr p Brownstone,

its not a perfect world,

But maybe your Posting and suggestions will make it a better place. There are also a lot of poor dogs and cats on the roads and beaches in TH maybe look there first!

Good luck! Heal the world! You should also open your mouth whenever you see a circus or Zoo anywhere Mr.Pope Benedict!

I think mr brownstone is absolutly right and i cant understand why you reacting so angry.

i see this bulls... every where in thailand where animals of any kind have to do stupid sh.. just to satisfy stupid tourists.and if people just would stop to pay for this crap there wouldnt be so many parks like this!and by the way,circuses and zoos are the same bulls...!

i also wouldnt bring my daughter there!

its not about healing the world its just about do what you believe in and try to change the mind of some people and this already helps,because as we all know,alfredo is not gonna heal the world!Peace!

I hope you stick to your words,

Mr. Brownstone and bkk and you are also vegeterians!

If not you are nothing else than Pharisaeers to me!

I love animals had and have dogs, take care them well but eat meat and find the Sri Racha Tiger zoo,

Over all nice.

Not to buy play guns for children did usualy not stop them from playing shooting cowboys, indians, wargames ect and there is still war on the world.

So for what that discussion! Not worth the time!

So

First of all I am a meat eater and come from a country background often used to work as a beater on shoots. So this is not some tree hugger speaking.

But I for one will never take my kid to the Sriracha Tiger Zoo it has an appalling track record of abuse (not just tigers but poor chimps without teeth and suffering from untreated infections) and has even been accused by internationally recognised bodies of dabbling in the illegal wildlife trade.

See the Environment Investigation Agency's report on the export of 100 tigers from Sriracha Tiger Zoo to China in the following link.

http://www.eia-international.org/cgi/repor...mplate&a=49

Government raids there in the past identified 116 illegal orang-utans that were later sent to a rescue center in Indonesia.

Plus then there's the time when they fed the tigers chicken contaminated with Avian Influenza and up to 80 tigers reportedly died. (Although some rumoured that it was much more)

Also check out some of the other threads where this place is mentioned here on TV

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Special-Inve...and-t41808.html - this one talks about the results of a special investigation that showed how easily the tigers could escape into the audience

As for the visitor experience I will never be able to tell you, I can't morally support such activity.

Dream World however I have been to, and thoroughly enjoyed. A great family day out.

Edited by quiksilva

Can anyone suggest me as i'm planning to send my 7 & 4 years old kids to Dream World.

I saw package tour for 1000 bht. each ( don't know yet about the kids though ) and which would be more

Been to Dream World many times and it was a very enjoyable experience.

You can get there from the city center via the expressway in about 40 min.

(traffic allowing) Taxi meter will be about 320 baht with you paying the tolls.

The highlights are Snow Town where you can actually do some snow sledding.

A nice 4D movie ( costs extra ). A Sky lift that rides you over top of the entire

park. The haunted house and of course I love the roller coaster (see my photo)

There’s lots of food (KFC) and fun here for the kids with themed characters running

around to entertain them and the elephant ride is a must. Many other things to

do too numerous to mention. Wear some good shoes….lots of walking.

-quicksilva-

Its not a perfect world.

Tiger escape possibly easy in Sri Racha Tiger Zoo?

I do not think so.

They wanted to export Tigers to China where they are maybe or sure used to be part of the Chinese medicin?

I think a better idea to use for that medicins Tigers from a Zoo, than from the wild.

They gave the Tigers the wrong, poisoned food?

I think that was not on purpose, but also when,

What shall they do with to many Tigers when they are useless and unsaleable-see the Chinasale!

Have also one more nice thing in the Tiger Zoo, you can peel out Crocodile Babys out of there egg.

• 2 months later...

Been to Dream World many times and it was a very enjoyable experience.

You can get there from the city center via the expressway in about 40 min.

(traffic allowing) Taxi meter will be about 320 baht with you paying the tolls.

The highlights are Snow Town where you can actually do some snow sledding.

A nice 4D movie ( costs extra ). A Sky lift that rides you over top of the entire

park. The haunted house and of course I love the roller coaster (see my photo)

There’s lots of food (KFC) and fun here for the kids with themed characters running

around to entertain them and the elephant ride is a must. Many other things to

do too numerous to mention. Wear some good shoes….lots of walking.

Is it best to plan for a whole day, or is an afternoon enough?

Ancient City

With a wide range of architectural symbols combined with fine arts and craftsmanship, structural layout and natural environment that integrate harmoniously, The Ancient City creates kind of atmosphere that induces visitors to perceive and appreciate the continuity of history, cultures, religions, arts and customs of Thai people from dawn until now.