Fibreglass And Cataloy Paste

husskydog

Don`t know the best section to post this so went for general, i need fibreglass and Cataloy paste.But my girlfriend doesn`t know what i mean, and i dont speak thai to that level, and when i ask her to ask in stores or car shops we get a big strange look..

Can someone please tell me what they call it in thai, i`m going crazy with this, i need to do a repair on my 750cc motorsia, and when they see it they just say (big motor bike no have) in fact no have is thailands most anoying phrase...i need to mention i`m in issan and not bk or patts...thanks so much

Find a car repair shop or car paint supplier and ask there may be able to help,after asking i got some from a picture framer ? but i'm not in Issan either so can't help any further.

You mean you want resin and calyst???

What is cataloy paste?

OK, to do repairs, any body shop will have the materials you need, but whether they will sell you you...that's something else. If you are used to using epoxy, then what you need to ask for is:

EE- Pok - See

not fibreglass, not resin, say it exactly EE-pok-See and then they will understand you need both resin and also hardener. You need to ask what ratio, some are 3 to 1 some are as much as 5 to 1

I guess you also are wanting some sort of filling compound? You can ask for 'bpang' which is the word usually used for filler, sometimes people call it other things as well. I assume you know how to actually do resin mixing etc. Once you get the resin, they will understand you need other things relating to that; chopstrand, pah etc they will understand.

Work with throwaway latex gloves, prep the surface properly, and do work out of sunlight; ask and check on cure times, in general once the filler goes into epoxy, it speeds up the cure rate a lot, also some issue for the work if you mix a lot of resin in one hit; you want to do small amounts lots of times, not 1 litre at a time.

Polyester resin is a total waste of time, it is total crap for anything.