Cannot Make An Internet Connection

craig

I've been using Dtac with my Solomon Edge Modem for over a year. I first tried AIS and foung Dtac somewhat better. I live in Huay Yai south of Pattaya and no chance of a landline..so must use something like this. Last year around this time I began experiencing an inability to make an internet connection. I could contact Dtac but not the internet connection. Needed to try numerous times.

Then for over eight months no problems....now it is starting to say I cannot connect as I don't have authorization...I need to try a number of times before it works...also the internet is dropping off more frequently.

I have a Toshiba with Vista...

Is the problem more likely with Dtac network or my Solomon modem or what....

If I update my modem for would that help?

Thanks. Craig

I've been using Dtac with my Solomon Edge Modem for over a year. I first tried AIS and foung Dtac somewhat better. I live in Huay Yai south of Pattaya and no chance of a landline..so must use something like this. Last year around this time I began experiencing an inability to make an internet connection. I could contact Dtac but not the internet connection. Needed to try numerous times.

Then for over eight months no problems....now it is starting to say I cannot connect as I don't have authorization...I need to try a number of times before it works...also the internet is dropping off more frequently.

I have a Toshiba with Vista...

Is the problem more likely with Dtac network or my Solomon modem or what....

If I update my modem for would that help?

Thanks. Craig

I have using Dtac and solomom edge for quite a while too. The only problem it seems not ot detect the modem and usually i just pull it out the Usb and push it back in again and away you go. I found the service very good but now use a 3g modem I bought in Aus and works like a dream with dtac.

sammycic, thanks for your comments....I've done what you mentioned a number of times..usually it solves it the first time..this time it took about thirty attempts to finally get a connection....I wonder if the rainy season has something to do with it as during the last dry spell I had no problems...what 3G modem did you buy...As Thailand doesn't have 3G yet does this help with EDGE? In my ignorance, I wonder does a more expensive EDGE modem like Sierra have better connections and speed than SOLOMON?