Rosewood Restaurant Tarndong

foxyhooper

I have been passing by Tarndong and with great anticipation, first they said it was to open in January then February.I went with friends to try it yesterday and nothing no sign, no waiter ,no nothing what happen on them.At first it was going to be the Dukes, to be honest I could not care less if the Savoy Grill was the next purposed proprietor.I guess we will wait and see for me the moment has passed.

I have been passing by Tarndong and with great anticipation, first they said it was to open in January then February.I went with friends to try it yesterday and nothing no sign, no waiter ,no nothing what happen on them.At first it was going to be the Dukes, to be honest I could not care less if the Savoy Grill was the next purposed proprietor.I guess we will wait and see for me the moment has passed.

Hi Foxy,

I went inside yesterday, there was actually a table laid with place mats and napkins---they then told me that it was 'opening' on 09 March--not sure if that's 2009 or 2010, though.

By the way, they also said that they are part-owned by 'the Savoy Grill'--the one in Peckham, that is.

Hi Foxyhooper,

I also noticed that. The Japanese never showed up, either does Dukes. Right now is another try of Rosewood.

I also have been seeing many signs on that place. I know that Dukes did some marketing research and didn't open.

Than I know that one of the management try to open the place, but we will see. You can read more of this management in another 'Chiang Mai' topic about Kad Farang.

We will see and be amazed if it will open and for how long...

Rumor has it, that they are going for a high end customer. Seems to be the wrong location for this type of restaurant. I did pass by there today and they were moving boxes into the place so something is happening. My budget doesn't allow me to go to higher end places no matter where they are so unless they have a early bird special I wont be visiting Rosewood anytime soon anyway.

Rumor has it, that they are going for a high end customer. Seems to be the wrong location for this type of restaurant. I did pass by there today and they were moving boxes into the place so something is happening. My budget doesn't allow me to go to higher end places no matter where they are so unless they have a early bird special I wont be visiting Rosewood anytime soon anyway.

You speak right. They are going for a high price (I will not say a high end customer) The high end customer will

have dinner for this price at a nice location in the city. I've heard that the prices will be arround 1500thb for 2 persons

include some drinks. But, we might be suprised again and again with the management of this all ..... at least the studied abroad (I wonder what) and they always be very high on themselves.

The better they should do is open the old Country Place again (opposite) and have a beer garden with 3 brands of beer and some easy dishes. That might be a better idea.

Just past by today and they removed the sign of the opening on Februari (2009).

Right now they put an a4 paper at the front window that they will be opening on

8 of March. They also put a phone number for any requested information or bookings :o

Just past by today and they removed the sign of the opening on Februari (2009).

Right now they put an a4 paper at the front window that they will be opening on

8 of March. They also put a phone number for any requested information or bookings :o

Its going to open today i saw the menu and it looks very reasonable,I will try it for lunch or dinner today and report tommorow.

I had dinner there last night and it was o.k.I may go there again but it will be down to the place being convient rather than outstanding.It is clean the menu appears to be thought out but is not unlike a menu from mid range pub chain in the U.K.The biggest plus for me is the location maybe when visitors are here and i need a excuse not to go the town.The problem with the place is the drinks pricing they need to look at it quickly and revise it otherwise it will bite them HARD.