Monthly Cellphone Billing?

BFD

So, I've just bought my Nokia 5800 (which I love), but it's running through 1-2-Call money like it's going out of style. This is because I'm completely addicted to the internet functions on the phone.

So, what are the steps involved in getting a monthly plan that includes internet access? I have no desire to switch providers (as I want to keep my current phone number). The AIS website is a little beyond my Thai reading ability (or I'm just too lazy to sit there for hours translating).

Can anyone tell me how they went about getting their monthly plans set up?

I have a work permit and Thai bank account, if that information helps at all.

Thanks in advance,

BFD!

If you are located in Bangkok then visit AIS in Siam Paragon. Not sure they are on the 3rd or 4th fl.

They will do it for you. For a postpaid plain (thats what you want?) you need to bring along with you passport and WPermit.

They are not interested in your bankbook.

Also they might offer you a beneficial plan which is mentioned nowhere on their web site.

Edited by webfact

Also to add to webfact's post, since you are accessing the net a lot you should get the optional unlimited data package, about 1000 Baht on both AIS and DTAC. I have recently learnt that AIS prioritizes voice calls over data on it's network, so at the busiest times for voice calls you will probably not have any data connection, whereas DTAC have dedicated some of their bandwidth to data only, and should always have access to a data connection, in theory, as I have no access to a DTAC sim. I'm positive that AIS has no data connections a few times each day! FYI I use an iPhone.

Well this won't help with the keeping the phone number issue, but if you go to a Telewiz shop you can get a SIM with very cheap data service. Mine is called a "Freedom SIM". Although if you look here, there's a Net Sim. There's even a 3G. Click through for the monthly fees and data time tiers.

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/Simcard/index.html

My SIM billed by time, not volume and it was extremely good at only charging for short intervals of time. As in it wouldn't bill 1 minute for a 2 second data load, it bills 2 seconds.