Condo's With Good Gyms And Pool

stament

There seem to be a lot of threads on here devoted to condo's and also quite a few with people wanting to know the best gyms or reasonably priced gyms. I seem to remember seeing some gyms that were quite expensive

So it got me thinking if certain gyms are expensive then perhaps it's more cost effective to rent in a condo that offers a very good gym and pool albeit at a higher price than a standard condo without these or not very good (in which case the person goes to join a gym).

Can anybody recommend any. Let's start the ball rolling..............

Condo name, facilities (gym and pool) and prices would be appreciated. Also if a condo has an excellent gym but it's so busy you can't get there this is obviously a negative.

Thanks again

Chiang Mai is largely older condos without real gyms. Even in a newer condo where I thought the equipment was OK a mate who is a gym person was not impressed at all. I think the issue is the lack of demand to justify the outlay and expense of a top gym.

There seem to be a lot of threads on here devoted to condo's and also quite a few with people wanting to know the best gyms or reasonably priced gyms. I seem to remember seeing some gyms that were quite expensive

So it got me thinking if certain gyms are expensive then perhaps it's more cost effective to rent in a condo that offers a very good gym and pool albeit at a higher price than a standard condo without these or not very good (in which case the person goes to join a gym).

Condo name, facilities (gym and pool) and prices would be appreciated. Also if a condo has an excellent gym but it's so busy you can't get there this is obviously a negative.

Thanks again

Don't know of any condos with a pool, let alone a gym. The Centara Duangtawan is really reasonably priced, and far less in cost than renting a condo. When I paid for a year last year it was about 7,500 baht. Pool is good and so is the gym equipment. The downside is the locker room.

There's a very nice pool at Nakorn Ping Condo, on Haey Kaew across from the Shell Station near Central. There isn't a gym.

I remember a nice pool and gym at Hillside 4 when we looked at renting a couple of years ago.

-Riverside condo has a nice pool, but no gym.

-Gala Thong has niether a pool nor gym.

-Rimping Condo has both a gym and a pool. However the pool is covered (has a roof, but no sides). Not much sun in the pool.

-Flora Condo has a pool. Not sure about gym.

-Twin Peaks has a pool. I also believe they have a gym, but can not confirm.

Hope this helps,

-Mestizo

To add to the above:

Hillside 4 has both a pool and gym. Both are very good.

The new Trio on Huay Kaew Rd has a pool and I believe they are putting in a small gym.

There's also a condo behind the Phucome Hotel that has both.

hi, i have a studio for rent in hillside 4 on the 11th floor face suthep mountain.

hillside 4 has 2 pools, large gym (100 baht a visit), mini mart, thai restaraunt, japanese restaurant etc.

please email if you require any more info.

hillside 4 has 2 pools

If you live on the 15th floor, you can use either one.

This sounds a bit odd.

If you live on the 14th (or any other than the 15th) what do you get to use?

One, none or what :o

The pool on the 4th floor is for use by all residents. The pool on the roof is for 15th floor only.

Thanks again

Don't know of any condos with a pool, let alone a gym. The Centara Duangtawan is really reasonably priced, and far less in cost than renting a condo. When I paid for a year last year it was about 7,500 baht. Pool is good and so is the gym equipment. The downside is the locker room.

Are you kidding? Hillside 4, Riverside, Supanich to name a few with pools (no gym)

Thanks again

Are you kidding? Hillside 4, Riverside, Supanich to name a few with pools (no gym)

"are you kidding?" I think that you must be. You need to read the ensuing posts before engaging your keyboard (maybe engaging something else as well :D)

There have already been several posts "all of which by the way include those that you mention"

Of course if you only joined two weeks ago I expect you now know it all :o

Edited by john b good

Thanks again

"are you kidding?" I think that you must be. You need to read the ensuing posts before engaging your keyboard (maybe engaging something else as well :D )

There have already been several posts "all of which by the way include those that you mention"

No mention of Supanich arsehol_e

Thanks again

"are you kidding?" I think that you must be. You need to read the ensuing posts before engaging your keyboard (maybe engaging something else as well :D )

I knew that when I added my comment. :wai:

Was wondering if you were awake :P:D

My comments still stand :D:D

Thanks again

I knew that when I added my comment. :wai:

Was wondering if you were awake :P:D

My comments still stand :D:D

Hmmmmmmm

There's a very nice pool at Nakorn Ping Condo, on Haey Kaew across from the Shell Station near Central. There isn't a gym.

I remember a nice pool and gym at Hillside 4 when we looked at renting a couple of years ago.

When I lived in Hillside 4 two years ago the gym was so poorly maintained that I drove to Fitness Thailand rather than take the elevator a few floors down. In particular it had about twenty aerobic machines (treadmills, stationary bikes, etc) and only three or four that worked more or less correctly. It was also dark and had gay muscle men posters on the walls in front of the only working treadmills, which turned me off. I heard that the current owner of the gym has been kicked out for not paying rent, which is not a good sign.

I could be wrong, maybe things are now great. Is there anyone who actually uses the Hillside 4 gym that can comment?

Edited by heybruce

hi, i have a studio for rent in hillside 4 on the 11th floor face suthep mountain.

hillside 4 has 2 pools, large gym (100 baht a visit), mini mart, thai restaraunt, japanese restaurant etc.

please email if you require any more info.

just posted again to brake up the dummy suckers!!!!!!

Hey CMore,

If someone rents your studio, can they use the nice pool on the 15th floor?????

Didn't think so.

I have no idea what a "dummy sucker" is, but you should try being honest.

When I lived in Hillside 4 two years ago the gym was so poorly maintained that I drove to Fitness Thailand rather than take the elevator a few floors down. In particular it had about twenty aerobic machines (treadmills, stationary bikes, etc) and only three or four that worked more or less correctly. It was also dark and had gay muscle men posters on the walls in front of the only working treadmills, which turned me off. I heard that the current owner of the gym has been kicked out for not paying rent, which is not a good sign.

I could be wrong, maybe things are now great. Is there anyone who actually uses the Hillside 4 gym that can comment?

I used to use the gym at Hillside 4 regularly, although I go less often now.

I never used the treadmills and bikes but I always see people on them.

i only used the weight machines and freeweights. While the machines are not maintained as well as at Powerhouse, there is a much bigger variety and at 1/3 the cost, was certainly acceptable. Place is always clean and air conditioned. Never crowded before 4:00pm.

"and had gay muscle men posters "

How do you know they were gay?

"and had gay muscle men posters "

How do you know they were gay?

If a straight man looks at it and thinks "I don't wanna look at that", it's gay.

I like to do at least 30 minutes of aerobic excercises before lifting. I stopped using the Hillside 4 gym because the elliptical machine had no resistance, and neither did many of the stationary bikes. The elevation function did not work on any of the treadmills, and many of the belts slipped when a 100Kg man was on them. Maybe they finally did some maintenance on these machines, it was long overdue.

Floral Condo has a very nice pool, well maintained, they also have a small gym, it has free weights, 2 stationary bikes, 2 ellipse machines, 2 treadmills and 2 of those circuit training things..don't know what they are called, you can do pull downs leg lifts etc.

That was about a year and a half ago anyway when we lived there. There was generally no one using the gym. They also have a room with a nice pool table and snooker table for use. The cost of rent there was 26,000 for a 2 bedroom..it's probably less now.