Opinion: What Makes A Person Have "class"

NewLifeNY

I have been reading a lot of post here about people "claiming" they have class, that they are the top of the "elite", that they are Farang with great "connections" and are better than most other Farangs etc etc.... :o

But what makes a person have class? Is class telling everyone else how much "class" you have?

Is class having having money? Because i seen (we all have) farang and Thai with money and no class, like a Thai driving a 20million b car, yet picking his bugers at the stop light etc etc....

What Is class? is class a poor Dark Isaan girl moving to bkk and having these Rich white Thais look down at her because she married a Farang or because she dosent belong "there" and still the girl holds her head High, is that class?

Is having class mean you are world traveler and are educated and know how NOT to act a fool in different countries?

Is class turning the other cheek?

Is having money, culture, education etc make you have class?

Pls, I would like to know TV members opionion about what they think having class is, or not having class is...have you seen some one with No class? pls do tell...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesson one of the Internet Discussion Board Class.

"Disregard almost all the claims you read on Internet Discussion Boards - Particularly those relating to wealth/income or any other measure of social standing'.

Lesson one of the Internet Discussion Board Class.

"Disregard almost all the claims you read on Internet Discussion Boards - Particularly those relating to wealth/income or any other measure of social standing'.

Absolutely. :o

Class, to me:

-- takes responsibility for own actions

-- accomplished but modest about it

-- considerate of others feelings, quick to share credit with others

-- a generous personality with no room for petty hatreds

A good example: Barack Obama

Class, to me:

OBAMA IN THE (white) HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Yes I agree.

Is having money, culture, education etc make you have class?

By way of intro, I used to hear a saying back in Australia - people from Melbourne have class, but people from Sydney have style. I lived in both places, but sadly it didn't stick.

Now a disclaimer - you can be a good person and not have much class. It is not the ultimate gauge of self-worth, just one of many subjective measures at the disposal of those of us who seek to pigeon-hole.

People with class NEVER tell others that they have class

To have class you don't need to have money, culture and education but it surely helps. Conversely there are an abundaance of people with money, culture and education who have no class whatsoever. Open up a copy of "Hello" if you need proof

Someone with class stands up when a lady enters the room. Unless they are in a wheelchair. Disabled people can have class too.

Edited by chiangmaibruce

class has little to do with wealth or education , (having those can go a long way in covering up a lack of class ) , and all to do with how you conduct yourself in life.

honesty , integrity , a sense of responsibility and the ability and willingness to "do the right thing" are signs of class to me.

Whatever rhymes with class. Like "plus".

Plus has class.

I have been reading a lot of post here about people "claiming" they have class, that they are the top of the "elite", that they are Farang with great "connections" and are better than most other Farangs etc etc

Maybe you've been hanging around in wrong forums, like Bedlam or what it's called here. I, for example, don't remember anyone making such claims.

Whatever rhymes with class. Like "plus".

Plus has class.

I have been reading a lot of post here about people "claiming" they have class, that they are the top of the "elite", that they are Farang with great "connections" and are better than most other Farangs etc etc

Maybe you've been hanging around in wrong forums, like Bedlam or what it's called here. I, for example, don't remember anyone making such claims.

Maybe you should read more..... :o

Interesting topic.

As far as I can see, people worry far too much about this 'class' status thing. I have never understood it or concerned myself enough to worry about it.

I find it highly amusing that when I ride down to the shop on my scooter, numerous thais in cars do just about everything and anything to kill me just because I'm am now part of the 'lower class' that rides a motorcycle. Does it not dawn on them that I could have a 25 million baht merc at home in the garage? Would it make a difference if I did? Can I casually step between classes, one minute im low class and the next im one of the elite? :D:D:o:D

Anyway, I just float along doing my own thing, I don't care about this class thing, at very least I don't worry myself about the importance of peoples claim of belong to a specific class. As far as I'm concerned, being considerate, being respectful & polite to other people is more important that tilting ones head backwards and snobbing others.

Interesting topic.

As far as I can see, people worry far too much about this 'class' status thing. I have never understood it or concerned myself enough to worry about it.

I find it highly amusing that when I ride down to the shop on my scooter, numerous thais in cars do just about everything and anything to kill me just because I'm am now part of the 'lower class' that rides a motorcycle. Does it not dawn on them that I could have a 25 million baht merc at home in the garage? Would it make a difference if I did? Can I casually step between classes, one minute im low class and the next im one of the elite? :D:D:o:D

Anyway, I just float along doing my own thing, I don't care about this class thing, at very least I don't worry myself about the importance of peoples claim of belong to a specific class. As far as I'm concerned, being considerate, being respectful & polite to other people is more important that tilting ones head backwards and snobbing others.

Good for you, and i also wished the world was a bit more "considerate, respectful and polite to other people" but it isnt....sucks really. We all have different views on class, class to me is some one who is always trying to be a better person and make everyone around them better persons.

falling for a thai girl on the internet,

sending her money every month,

flying to thailand to meet her and family,

proposing to her,

finding out she is really a ho,

crying all the way home on the plane,

then posting a video on the internet showing how bad thai girls are.....now thats class.

but you already knew that didnt you. :o:D

Anyone else same same me?

When I read the initial post here, the thought of class in the context of social strata (i.e. upper, middle working) did'nt even enter my head - until i came to neverdie's post. curious

I guess I was thinking more "James Bond" than "Upstairs, Downstairs".

Class, to me:

yes agree totally,lets hope barak obama can keep all that "class" among a den of thieves.

class has little to do with wealth or education , (having those can go a long way in covering up a lack of class ) , and all to do with how you conduct yourself in life.

honesty , integrity , a sense of responsibility and the ability and willingness to "do the right thing" are signs of class to me.

yep,another good example of class.

I find it amusing that when I walk down to the shop on the corner, numerous people on motor scooters do just about everything and anything to run me off the sidewalk into the path of the hi-so's in their mercs just because I am part of the 'lowest class' that walks. Does it not dawn on them that the reason I am walking is that the corner shop has no runway to land my Lear jet on?

I am upper class and I look down on them because they are lower than me.

I am middle class, I look up to him because he is upper class but I look down on him because he is working class.

I am working class, I know my place.

Anyone else same same me?

When I read the initial post here, the thought of class in the context of social strata (i.e. upper, middle working) did'nt even enter my head - until i came to neverdie's post. curious

I guess I was thinking more "James Bond" than "Upstairs, Downstairs".

chiangmaibruce,

When I read the initial post I also thought of class....princess dianna style & then I slapped myself around and thought....ohhh this is actually about 'class' class, which is not to be mistaken with being in class, right?

Anyway, thai thread, Thailand, it must be about class, not class or going to class, if you know what i mean?

On that other note, I never saw much 'class' in arriving at the local market dressed in ones pyjamas, irregardless of what camel you road in on. :o